Geelong to Adelaide ?

Guest ecmiller72

Guest ecmiller72

hello

we are coming to live in Adelaide for a few months in October

By coincidence we have some friends who will be in Geelong (nr Melbourne I think) at christmas and are trying to arrange a meet up

How long will it take to drive from Geelong to Adelaide ?

I have tried to find this out online but the results suggesting anything from 4 to 9 hrs !

the distance is generally quoted at 400ish miles

Hi

We moved to Adelaide from Melbourne a month or so ago. We have decided to meet up with friends from Melbourne on the Great Ocean Road but you do need to book your accommadation early. I would say about 7 hours drive but depends on route and on the time you stop etc. Geelong is about 45 min drive outside melbourne CBD depending on the traffic.

Guest nick0
many thanks for this

i guess 7-9 hrs is a bit far

can anyone suggest somewhere nice to meet in the middle for a few days ?

Halls Gap is OK but don't forget the school holidays.

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

Have you thought about renting a camper van and making a few days of it?

A really nice place to meet them would be Mt Gambier, not exactly direct but well worth the visit even if only to see the "Blue Lake".

Adelaide to Mt Gambier is 483 Km or 300 Miles. It's a little further for you them them but stick to the coast road as much as possible and you will have a wonderful time. http://www.mountgambiertourism.com.au/

Enjoy your selves.

Guest Guest75
many thanks for this

i guess 7-9 hrs is a bit far

can anyone suggest somewhere nice to meet in the middle for a few days ?

It is a fair old drive in one day.

We've driven from Melbourne direct to Adelaide and that was 8.5 hours - Geelong is further away.

Why not drive the Great Ocean Road???

2 -3 days to allow sightseeing - stop in Port Fairy at the Merrijig B & B

• 2 weeks later...

The Grampian mountains and HAlls gap is definently worth staying at, its half way between Adelaide and Geelong. THe grampians is a large place so you won't be able to see much if your only staying one or two nights but my advice is to go from Halls gap to Horsham along Mt victory road which has many great places to stop along the way , such as Wonderland, and don't miss Boroka lookout which has a really spectacular view from top of the mountains over the surrounding countryside for hundreds of miles, then go on the Mckenzies falls and onto horsham.