Last UK holiday

Guest Aussie pat

Guest Aussie pat

I noticed that someone mentioned they'd just been on their last UK break before leaving. So have we. I thought it would be nice to hear what everyone else is doing before they leave (if they can fit one in) or what others did before they left.

So to start things off...

We've just had a week in a mobile home in a caravan park next to the Donkey Sanctuary down in Sidmouth. Spent lots of time sitting on the beach just relaxing and taking in the beautiful English seaside scenery for one last time. Especially enjoyed the cooked breakfasts sitting on the beach at a cafe in Beer.

I'd love to hear what others have been up to.

A friend from another forum has a b&b and cottage business in Cornwall... so we have just booked a week in a lovely cottage for us and my parents for the first week in Sept. Then we leave about 10 days later :)

The following weekend we will have some kind of last weekend thing in Norwich. Must get the invites out!

Guest swampo

We are off the France for a short holiday. As we love France this will be bitter sweet for us. It will be the last time we speak the language (as poor as our French is!), order 'duex grand Leffe s.v.p., eat mussels and wander around a French market. The following week end we are up at the Lake District with our motorbike group, after that we will be selling the bike - boo hoo.

The one thing we won't miss is not knowing what the weather will be like for our holidays!!!

Looking forward to the holidays in Oz, the Riverlands look lovely, a trip to Coober Pedy is a must (I really need a black opal) and just think of all the other places yet to be discovered.

We have just come back from a week in Skiathos, Greek Island, where some of the scenes from the Mama Mia movie where filmed. My mum thought we were mad spending money which we will need to set up a new life in oz. House not sold but coming out anyway in October. Will rent out house and use the little saving we have. hey oh. all these decision are stressfull. We had a great time and no regrets :-)

We are off the France for a short holiday. As we love France this will be bitter sweet for us. It will be the last time we speak the language (as poor as our French is!), order 'duex grand Leffe s.v.p., eat mussels and wander around a French market. The following week end we are up at the Lake District with our motorbike group, after that we will be selling the bike - boo hoo.

The one thing we won't miss is not knowing what the weather will be like for our holidays!!!

Looking forward to the holidays in Oz, the Riverlands look lovely, a trip to Coober Pedy is a must (I really need a black opal) and just think of all the other places yet to be discovered.

Fear not swampo, you can get Leffe on draught at the Belgian Beer Cafe in the city, and you can get the bottles in Dan Murphy's! :)

Guest Nick11

We went to port meirion for the week with family in a beautiful cottage where they filmed the prisoner - cost a fortune, then had a week in cyprus at an ai resort. Glad we did as it will be a long time before we have another one.

Guest cazzie
I noticed that someone mentioned they'd just been on their last UK break before leaving. So have we. I thought it would be nice to hear what everyone else is doing before they leave (if they can fit one in) or what others did before they left.

So to start things off...

We've just had a week in a mobile home in a caravan park next to the Donkey Sanctuary down in Sidmouth. Spent lots of time sitting on the beach just relaxing and taking in the beautiful English seaside scenery for one last time. Especially enjoyed the cooked breakfasts sitting on the beach at a cafe in Beer.

I'd love to hear what others have been up to.[/quote

Hi,

I am a teacher, so have the usual 5 week break before flying to Adelaide. We can't afford a holiday, but bloody hell, it is a joy just driving through the English countryside - it is SO lush and green just now - truly beautiful - and I just know how much I am going to miss it. We live near some lakes which we regularly walk around and the wildlife there is breathtaking. I really appreciate everything around me right now.

Next week (Aug 5) my mum and two daughters (who are not coming to Adelaide) are taking me to tea at The Ritz in London for a treat. I am really looking forward to that but it will be so emotional.

Right now, the thought of Seacliff or Semaphore beaches just don't cut it - they are not enough to lure me away, but hopefully I will feel differently when I get there. I guess my feelings of attachment to England at this point in time are perfectly normal, but I am certainly realising the enormity of the big decision to live in Oz.

Will keep PIA posted on the journey and beyond. Good luck to everyone.

Cazzie x

Guest swampo
Fear not swampo, you can get Leffe on draught at the Belgian Beer Cafe in the city, and you can get the bottles in Dan Murphy's! :)

Music to our ears!!! Will look into both of those establishments. Will we have to consider taking out a morgage to pay for them though LOL??

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We probs won't be over until end 2009 / early 2010 so we planning our last UK hols now. Next week we are going to tour around Dundee / Dunkeld (where hubby's family are from) and then we heading to Loch Ness for Alex (8) and Amelia (4) to do some Nessie hunting as its Alex's dream to spot the (not so wee) monster! :)

Then next year we looking at heading to Devon / Cornwall as non of us have been there

In fact we cancelled our hol to Tenerife - to go to places in UK

Lisa

We are trying many of the little things that we have driven by or seen and thought that looks like fun lets try that or go there, for instance, we have been to Beer in Devon a couple of times over the years to their gardens and model railway have driven past Seaton on the way and they have a Tram going from Colyton to Seaton always thought it looks fun never got round to going last week we gave it a go it was brilliant fun.

Two years ago we bought a tent with all the intentions of using it (a cheapy off of ebay) just got back from three days in sommerset (first time we have used it) brilliant site had a great time shame about the rain, but we stayed dry, lots to do on site (free pool, evening entertainment horse riding availible) peck rate £24 per night per tent/caravan.

Back in easter we went and travelled around up north and stayed in different travellodges for no more than £29 per night per room. We went RAF Museum Cosford, Chester Zoo, York, Magna at Rotherham and Back to Bristol for shopping.

Julie

Guest Aussie pat

"we have been to Beer in Devon a couple of times over the years to their gardens and model railway have driven past Seaton on the way and they have a Tram going from Colyton to Seaton always thought it looks fun never got round to going last week we gave it a go it was brilliant fun."

We also took the Seaton tram last week. Did you get to sit up top? We were just like excited kids hoping we would get seats up there, which we did. Great fun. Had a cream tea at the tearoom with the llamas in Colyton. In fact had too many cream teas last week!