How long???? Argh

Guest paul_smart

Guest paul_smart

I guess I am like a lot of people on here but HOW LONG is this taking to get my Visa stuff sorted?? I seem to trip up and wait for other people at every turn, I've not even visited this site for over 3 months as I wanted to take my mind off of migration while I wait and wait and wait, I'm trying to get the TRA with a special class electrician cert and it seems I need SO SO SOOOO much information, I am required to show proof that I completed and Apprenticeship to become a tradesman, but the company I did it with though huge have taken 9 months in fact over that now just to send my confirmation letter through, I have pestered them for months, bombarded them with phonecalls and e-mails and still over 9 months for one sheet of A4 it's driving me up the wall, it seems that people who are on other visa's are having a lot less hassle getting their stuff sorted? what are other people's experiences with getting the TRA stuff together (which after a year and a bit of making the decision to move I seem finally to be able to take step 1) has it taken as long for everyone else?

is there any other Special class visa's out there and how much of a problem was it?? and any tips?

well rant over, and no I couldn't stay away from this site after all :cute:

Guest caoimhe

It took Stephen 4 months to get everything together for his TRA, and I know there were some nights he was up to the small hours typing things up. For us everyhing from start to finish took 16months

It is annoying though when you are waiting on other people to get things back to you

Good luck

Guest paul_smart

:jiggy:

It took Stephen 4 months to get everything together for his TRA, and I know there were some nights he was up to the small hours typing things up. For us everyhing from start to finish took 16months

It is annoying though when you are waiting on other people to get things back to you

Good luck

Yeah my fingers are mere stubbs due to the typing, I'm thinking it's because it's a complex trade and I need to explain and have proof of everything I claim, i'm basically ready to go now but 9 months was a stress, I want to be here for at least 18 months yet so I guess it's not actually a problem if it only took 16 for you, thanks for the info.

Paul

Guest The Hadleys

Hi Paul

Once you have your TRA regcognition it doesn't end there. Before you can work in Ozz your have to have a trade certificate, which my hubby Paul is currently doing, basically all your evidence documents (Which have to be certified by a solicitor) have to be sent to ARTC and then your trade is actually recognised and you are able to work. So any employer will ask to see this certificate, my hubby is an air conditioning engineer and we thought once you have passed your TRA thats it but unfortunately its not, so make sure you make a couple of copies of everything you send off. Helpful website www.work.sa.gov.au.

Cheers Dawn

hi paul we have just finished getting all our paper work done it took about 3 months and lots and lots of late nights (well for my oh anyway)was sooooooo glad to get it in the post yesturday . oh is a carpenter and hopefully going on a 175 visa . good luck with everything carolyn x

Guest paul_smart
Hi Paul

Once you have your TRA regcognition it doesn't end there. Before you can work in Ozz your have to have a trade certificate, which my hubby Paul is currently doing, basically all your evidence documents (Which have to be certified by a solicitor) have to be sent to ARTC and then your trade is actually recognised and you are able to work. So any employer will ask to see this certificate, my hubby is an air conditioning engineer and we thought once you have passed your TRA thats it but unfortunately its not, so make sure you make a couple of copies of everything you send off. Helpful website www.work.sa.gov.au.

Cheers Dawn

Hi Dawn, thanks for the info I had heard I might have to sit a qualification at their college, which I cant remember the name of, I have all the info but who are the ARTC??? I have certified copies of all my docs from a solicitor but didn't know about these guys, thanks for the web site.

P.

Guest paul_smart
hi paul we have just finished getting all our paper work done it took about 3 months and lots and lots of late nights (well for my oh anyway)was sooooooo glad to get it in the post yesturday . oh is a carpenter and hopefully going on a 175 visa . good luck with everything carolyn x

Thanks for the reply it just seems that my ex employers are taking way too long about their info but I don't really have any hold over them do I? at least if I have the TRA finished I will feel that I have one step complete, it's a long road I guess!