Shopping :-)

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

ok...bit of info on what you can get for your money if you are not planning on bringing much over :lol:

Electricals we went to the Good Guys at Noarlunga and got about $2000 off for cash

we got - kettle, hoover, steam mop, steam cleaner, phone, 4gb ipod nano, docking station, panasonic microwave (big!!), a 300L chest freezer, a very very big 4ft wide fridge freezer with drinks dispenser, a samsung 40" LCD TV for family room, a 50" plasma samsung tv for formal room, Breadmaker, Tv2TV transmitter, Samsung washing machine (front loader) and Automatic tumble dryer with delivery all for $9250 (roughly £3600ish)

Furniture we went to Le Cornu on Anzac Highway and got about $500 off for cash

we got - solid wood king size bed with mattress, matching bedside units, chest of draws with vanity mirror, single fold up bed, corner suite with recliners and sofa bed, entertainment unit with matching coffee table for family room, entertainment unit, coffee table and lamp table for formal room and a very very very BIG bbq all for $8840 (approx £3500 ish)

We now have a few bits coming over that we will be selling :roll:

Bedding a towels - king size duvet and set of bedding, single duvet and set of bedding, 2 sets of towels, oven mit and tea towels, 2 x bath mats for $350 (approx £120)

love this shopping lark!! Hopefully will be back online properly soon :lol:

Lisa 8)

Guest betty22

HI Lisa,

Glad your having fun!!

I know I did when we went to get things for the house.

Theres plenty of bargains to be had for cash

Liz

Guest Django

36_11_6.gif

Good ol' Ebay eh? I take it they have a aussie version of that :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to walk into a big electrical store with an assistant in toe saying "I'll have that and that, oh and I'll have 2 of those and one of them" 8) Good to see you are having fun :D:D

Guest G'n'T

Good to know shops will give money off for cash, sounds like you've really got into the swing of things over there! :D:D

Can't wait to go shopping myself now for lots of stuff, every girl's dream :lol:

Glad all is going well, only 8 days til we fly out now!!!! :D 8)

Guest Guest75

36_11_6.gif

Good ol' Ebay eh? I take it they have a aussie version of that :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to walk into a big electrical store with an assistant in toe saying "I'll have that and that, oh and I'll have 2 of those and one of them" 8) Good to see you are having fun :D:D

Yep we have Ebay............http://www.ebay.com.au/

We got electric last year as well............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Django

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: No wind generators then? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah right next you'll be telling me you've got inside toilets :roll: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest bev_stef

fatastic, not only getting money off for cash, but getting to go out and do so much shopping. :D:D It must feel like xmas all over again.

Glad everythng is going so well, bet you can't wait to get into your home and get settled now.

Keep enjoying. :D

Bev

Guest The Bowmans

Wow Lisa, that's what I call shopping !

Great to hear that you can get good discounts for cash - we have heard conflicting reports that furniture is much more expensive in Oz and that we should ship ours rather thn buy new. Any thoughts?

Keep up the good work on the shopping front - you're doing us Brits proud.

Deena

Great Stuff Lisa, thanks for painting the picture & its very kind of you to share the £ v $ scenario as it makes more sense to us still here in old blighty (UK) :shock:

I do like the sound of:

very very very BIG bbq

Will you have to sell 'all' your other stuff when it arrives in the UK?

Take care

Angela :)

hi Lisa

Thanks for all the great info.............We're not bringing out any furniture so really looking forward to spending some money!!!

One thing I was wondering, have you come across and nice 'cheapy' shops that do good stuff for the home.....like our matalan...?

speak soon

sarahx

Guest Guest75

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: No wind generators then? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah right next you'll be telling me you've got inside toilets :roll: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes we have wind generators - called sprouts or baked beans here :wink:

Actually we do have a large wind farm further down the peninsular but there is opposition to it expanding.Bl**dy NIMBY's!!!!

Ooo yes we have inside toilets now - trouble is that we won't have any water to flush them with this climate change soon.

I think I'd keep a "Long Drop" toilet ready outside :lol:

Guest happy-jools

WOW lisa that sounds great. Youll have no money left shortly.

Do you thinks its worth bringing furniture or not then i.e. container. Still a big dilema for me and my family.

Enjoy spending and shopping. x

Guest ali@51

Why would you not want netties with all those crepie crawlies over there!! :o:o:o

Morgan (OH Ali & Co)

Guest Guest75

Why would you not want netties with all those crepie crawlies over there!! :o:o:o

Morgan (OH Ali & Co)

Wossa "Nettie" ?????

Guest ali@51

Morgan (OH Ali & Co)

Wossa "Nettie" ?????

Outside loo!!!

Morgan

Guest theshearers

Hi Lisa

I am so impressed with all the stuff you have managed to get, and with discounts. Good on ya girl!!! How cool to just be able to go into the shops and buy everything you want. Cant wait for that bit!!

Hope you are settling in well and managing to find your way round! Is Greg managing to get to grips with the 4x4?? Just a little bit different to your old car!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the best places for shopping. We will be definatly following your recommendations!!

Say Hi to Greg & Dawn from us.

Take care

Vic x

PS: Just in case you were missing sunny Devon, its been belting it down all week and looks set to continue for a few more days!!!! Hope the Adelaide weather is proving to be somewhat better!

Guest Guest75
Hi Lisa

I am so impressed with all the stuff you have managed to get, and with discounts. Good on ya girl!!! How cool to just be able to go into the shops and buy everything you want. Cant wait for that bit!!

Hope you are settling in well and managing to find your way round! Is Greg managing to get to grips with the 4x4?? Just a little bit different to your old car!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the best places for shopping. We will be definatly following your recommendations!!

Say Hi to Greg & Dawn from us.

Take care

Vic x

PS: Just in case you were missing sunny Devon, its been belting it down all week and looks set to continue for a few more days!!!! Hope the Adelaide weather is proving to be somewhat better!

:D

We popped in to see how they were doing yesterday........

Greg,Lisa and Dawn now have a lovely house,so pleased for them.I know they cannot believe how lucky they were,must admit we can't either!!

I won't mention the fridge that would not fit,hope that was sorted :wink:

Greg loves Snowy the 4 X 4,so pleased he likes it

:D

The weather is lovely here during the day,lovely and sunny when we called to see them.

Guest dglamoore

It is hard to say wether to bring or not - with hindsight I don't think we would have bought any furniture or bothered with a container if we had not had to bring Gregs machines and tools over.

The furniture here is cheaper than the same standard in the uk in my opinion and most of it is solid wood delivered ready made - no lightweight flat pack stuff that we have found (except IKEA :lol: )

We did find it funny when one of the units was delivered - wish I had a video. The first guy turns up with the van with the unit on the back. Greg goes out to help him get it in to be told another bloke is coming to help. Ten minutes later another bloke arrives so off Greg goes again to be told they have to wait for another bloke who took another ten mins to arrive. So the 4 of them get the unit off the van and move towards the steps up to the house where 2 have to let go anyway as there is no room for them at the sides so Greg ends up taking the unit in with one of the other blokes :? :lol: We were waiting for some bloke to jump out with a hidden camera :lol: :D :lol:

Lisa