7 weeks in and......

carryon

All is great, have got all the boring stuff done with minimum of fuss, sometimes quite frustrating with 2 kids in tow though:arghh:.

Have bought 2 second hand cars, Daughtrer started at Aldinga primary 2 weeks ago and loves it, son goes kindy round the corner and is also happy.

Hafwyn started work at the paediatric unit at Flinders 3 weeks ago and is really enjoying it. I,m doing the House husband bit at the moment which is actually more tiring than i thought:SLEEP:.

Have bought house in Port Willunga close to the beach..yipee!!!! The whole process is so much quicker than the UK.

Have met some nice people and have had 3 invites to BBQs, everyone has been so friendly.

Daughter joined cubs and is off camping in 3 weeks, so keeping very busy.

We are so pleased we came and are really enjoying it, have been made so welcome.

Shopping is fine and havn,t found it to be overly expensive, there are many bargains to be had, you just have to look. I am now addicted to Iced coffee...Yum Yum....

So far so good, and it can only get better once we,re in the house, which will be the 11th august, and roll on the warmer weather!!!!

Loving it so far...:notworthy:

Simon and family.

Guest caoimhe

and roll on the warmer weather!!!!

Loving it so far...:notworthy:

Simon and family.

I agree roll on the warmer weather -----Oh I forgot we are in Summer here:confused:

Glad your having fun anyway

Thanks for you replys, i would just like to chuck in a bit of advice for anyone on there way out....might be helpful.

Dont bother going into the Centrelink offices, our experience was they didn,t quite know what to do with newly arrived people, we ended up going to the Medicare office in The Collanades at Noaralunga, they have a desk to deal with Family tax credit and child care allowence, they sorted it all for us with the minimum of fuss, and told us if we had any problems to see them as it,s quicker!

Also you dont get the Child care benefit if your childs injections are not up to date! We were ok on most but Will who is 4 is required to have a Hep B, which he is having this Monday, again all very easy to organise.

Bye for now.

Simon:)

Guest Aussie pat

Hello Simon,

We're finding your feedback really helpful. Thanks for going to all the trouble of filling us all in. Did you have to go to CAFHS to get the Hep B or where did you go?

Hedy

Guest natdan

Hi there, great post , glad to hear you have all settled in so much [ shame about the weather !!] MAYBE you could get a house keeper- in on the cheap !!! , and the quiet. Hope you all have a great time in adelaide and enjoy your new house.

Wayne n Louise.

Hello Simon,

We're finding your feedback really helpful. Thanks for going to all the trouble of filling us all in. Did you have to go to CAFHS to get the Hep B or where did you go?

Hedy

Hi Hedy, cant say i know what the CAFHS is, all i did was went into the local GP medical centre and booked Will in for his Hep B, just needed to show Medicare card and they also wanted to see his immunisation record book from the Uk, the Hep B is free of charge aswell:).

Also there is no need to register with a GP, You can use anyone, they only ask you to fill in a form when you go in for something, which is a great idea just in case you fell ill miles away from your nearest GP..

Hope thats of help.cheers

Simon:goofy: