Getting so fed up waiting for SIR visa!!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

I am getting sooooo fed up now waiting on this dam SIR visa!!!

We are due to exchange contracts on our house sale in just 3 weeks and still no sign of the visa!

Have hounded our agent who has just told me there has been a huge problem and a backlog of applications!

All they could tell me was that case officers have just been allocated to applications lodged on 31st October 2007 and that we should hear very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If our application was lodged December 17th 2007 then does anybody have any idea when we may be assigned a case officer and how long does it take for them to make a decision after this?

Talk about "STRESS" .........Selling the house..due to exchange in few weeks..relocating to the other side of the world AND STILL NO VISA!!!!

Anybody else lodge their application the same time as us and in similar position?

Anybody who understands the system..... advice would be so appreciated!

anybody predict when we are likely to hear anything as i am getting very very anxious now especially as our buyers are expecting to exchange very soon and move into our house!

We can't book any container or flights yet and will find ourselves "HOMELESS" in a few weeks time with 4 kids in tow in NO VISA SOON!!!

H E L P :confused::goofy::sad::arghh:

Gill

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Gill,

We know exactly how you feel but I suppose they must be really busy over there with all the applications they get. Not much consolation I know but they will get to us/you in the end.

Keep smiling it will happen. :)

Take a look at the thread “Things are Moving” look down for your Visa type and you will see what the status was as of Tuesday this week.

You can’t totally rely on it though as according to it, we are now with a case officer but we already know that we are with the decision maker and have been now for 12 weeks and 2 days (Not that we are counting) http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5449

Also take a look at “Time Line” and scroll through to find somebody in a similar position to your selves. http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222

Look on the bright side you have sold your house and that is a whole different ball game in the current market.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Martin

oh gill i know exactly how you feel hun if i dont get my visa soon am getting a divorce!!!! ha ha only messing but thats the scale am on here in me mum-in-laws

i carnt cope no more especilly with the kids off to and no caravan to pop off to when we want am slowly going round the bend, i check every day NOTHING

fingers crossed for us all me, gill and val

suexxx

Guest cunnah10
oh gill i know exactly how you feel hun if i dont get my visa soon am getting a divorce!!!! ha ha only messing but thats the scale am on here in me mum-in-laws

i carnt cope no more especilly with the kids off to and no caravan to pop off to when we want am slowly going round the bend, i check every day NOTHING

fingers crossed for us all me, gill and val

suexxx

I couldn't do what your doing staying with MIL with your 4 littleuns (no disrespect to MIL but it must be very very stressful for you)

I've just spoken to solicitor and explained the situ and he will delay exchanging if we are not happy to do so without the visa!

Having a bad day today..........got too many negative thoughts for my liking........but just hoping it is an "off" day for me!!!

Take care Sue

Speak Soon

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill,

We know exactly how you feel but I suppose they must be really busy over there with all the applications they get. Not much consolation I know but they will get to us/you in the end.

Keep smiling it will happen. :)

Take a look at the thread “Things are Moving” look down for your Visa type and you will see what the status was as of Tuesday this week.

You can’t totally rely on it though as according to it, we are now with a case officer but we already know that we are with the decision maker and have been now for 12 weeks and 2 days (Not that we are counting) http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5449

Also take a look at “Time Line” and scroll through to find somebody in a similar position to your selves. http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222

Look on the bright side you have sold your house and that is a whole different ball game in the current market.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Martin

Thanks Martin

Will check out that info on visa!

I know i shouldn't moan as you say at least we have buyers for our house!

Just not a good day today i'm hoping.............weather doesn't help..........summer holiday and 4 kids to entertain...........got enough stress!

Guest Lulujim

It's so frustrating - this process is a real test tsn't it? :arghh:

On Tues this was the info from DIAC:

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476,

E-lodged: 25 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

Did you front-load your meds etc?

They have sped up this week, so maybe they've got more staff/are getting through this back-log at long last.

Also this website http://www.beupdate.co.uk/index.php has all the latest visas with COs and granted. It might be good to see who else has got one as I've seen some from Dec have even got theirs.

I hope you get yours soon, (not that it's ANY of my business) but don't lose your house sale as with the market like it is, it could be a bad time to try and find another buyer??

Good luck, will keep watching out for your post telling us your visa's here!! :jiggy:

Guest cunnah10
It's so frustrating - this process is a real test tsn't it? :arghh:

On Tues this was the info from DIAC:

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476,

E-lodged: 25 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

Did you front-load your meds etc?

They have sped up this week, so maybe they've got more staff/are getting through this back-log at long last.

Also this website http://www.beupdate.co.uk/index.php has all the latest visas with COs and granted. It might be good to see who else has got one as I've seen some from Dec have even got theirs.

I hope you get yours soon, (not that it's ANY of my business) but don't lose your house sale as with the market like it is, it could be a bad time to try and find another buyer??

Good luck, will keep watching out for your post telling us your visa's here!! :jiggy:

Arr thanks for your kind words of support (and i know if i lose my first time ideal buyers now i will have a complete breakdown - nerves are shattered enough)

Guest Deb17

Hi Gill, so when did you manage to find a buyer for your house then? I must have missed that...good for you, hope you didn't have to give it away. Don't get too stressed though, it's not worth it, you need to get the laid back Aussie attitude going now - and if your application was lodged last December, how much longer can they possibly take in processing it???!!!

You don't want to get out here right this minute anyway - it's blowing a storm outside and lashing down with rain and we had ice on the car windscreen three mornings in a row, brrr. Just like old times...

Keep your chin up.

x

Guest caoimhe

Hi Gill

Our application was lodged 14th August 2007 and we only got the visa 1st July 2008 and we had a case officer since 14th Feb

Can you look into a short term rental while waiting on the visa as you don't want to lose that buyer. We have only had the visa a month and it has been the worst month ever knowing we can go at anytime but have no buyer

Hang tight it shouldn't be too long :wubclub:

Jacqui

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill

Our application was lodged 14th August 2007 and we only got the visa 1st July 2008 and we had a case officer since 14th Feb

Can you look into a short term rental while waiting on the visa as you don't want to lose that buyer. We have only had the visa a month and it has been the worst month ever knowing we can go at anytime but have no buyer

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

I can't believe that you had a case officer for all that time before you got the visa!!!

Now i'm even more worried!

I know what you are saying about risking losing our buyers!

Not easy situation to be in!I have the 4 kids all off school and nursery for 6/7 weeks and really didn't want to start them back into school here(eldest would have to start at high school and youngest full time primary and he still has a sleep in the afternoon with his dummy and blanket and is soooo NOT ready for school yet and he doesn't even turn 4 until August)

We could go and stay at my parents static caravan on a holiday park if we had to but it's up Blackpool way and so if it was September we would have to just keep all the kids off school i suppose!

Can you imagine my stress levels 6 weeks of summer hols and then god knows how many more weeks all 6 of us in a static caravan!

No wonder i drink to much wine and have high blood pressure!Keeps me sane!!!

Good luck with house sale keep fingers crossed for you!

Guest caoimhe
Hi Jacqui

I can't believe that you had a case officer for all that time before you got the visa!!!

Now i'm even more worried!!

Don't worry about that we only had meds etc finalised mid May when they had stopped issuing visa's for 07-08 so we had to wait until new visa year which started 1st July which was when our's was issued

Have you front loaded your Meds? this will help speed things up for when you get a CO and as you will have house sold you will not need to worry about them expiring

Guest kfoley0681

hi i know you are december but thought this might give you some idea my friend who applied end of august got visa 1st july and i applied mid october and another friend end of october and we got our visa this week so they seem to be catching up! they are now saying 9-12 months from inital application instead of 6-9 months as we were advised last week

Guest isandev

Hi Gill

Really sorry not been in touch. Moved out of rental last week into Mums and also had our leaving do. Its all been pretty hectic. Just getting sorted with all the paperwork now and need to sort out car hire, then I think we will be well on the way. Myself and Gavin tried to remember we had a case officer before being granted a visa and we think about a month beforehand, but only guessing. Really glad the house sale is going ahead its just frustrating waiting for the visa but I know its all going to come together for you and we will soon be having a glass of vino by the sea, although we won't need ice by the sounds of how cold it is at the moment! Keep in touch, speak soon. Fi x

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill

Really sorry not been in touch. Moved out of rental last week into Mums and also had our leaving do. Its all been pretty hectic. Just getting sorted with all the paperwork now and need to sort out car hire, then I think we will be well on the way. Myself and Gavin tried to remember we had a case officer before being granted a visa and we think about a month beforehand, but only guessing. Really glad the house sale is going ahead its just frustrating waiting for the visa but I know its all going to come together for you and we will soon be having a glass of vino by the sea, although we won't need ice by the sounds of how cold it is at the moment! Keep in touch, speak soon. Fi x

Hi Fi

Been thinking about you wondering how it is all going!

Not long now for you!

Yes waiting for the dam visa is a nightmare BUT at least it "looks" loke we have sold the house!

Had bad news yesterday my dad having major heart surgery in the next week or 2 so got that to worry about also now!

Although i would rather still be here in the UK when he has this operation and know first hand how he is not via phonecalls to Oz!

Anyway good luck with everything and yes we "WILL" have those vinos (and many of them)

Guest Beth&Martin

Have not posted on here for quite a while but have been dipping in every so often. I must admit we are both getting a little fed up now. We too are waiting for our SIR475 visa and every time I email or speak to our agent he says "not long now, I am expecting them to ask you to go for your medicals very soon". It's not his fault I know, but it is frustrating getting the same answer each time.

We have had the house on the market for 7 weeks now and not one viewing, not even a sniff of interest. They don't know what they are missing.

The whole thing is getting a bit boring now, especially when friends and family keep asking how its going and have we heard anything yet.

Oohhhh, it's so frustrating for us all in this horrible boat (which feels like it is sinking)

And if I hear one more piece of news about how house prices are falling, mortgages not being approved and money is tight I will scream.

Rant over - feel better now.

Guest Lulujim
Have not posted on here for quite a while but have been dipping in every so often. I must admit we are both getting a little fed up now. We too are waiting for our SIR475 visa and every time I email or speak to our agent he says "not long now, I am expecting them to ask you to go for your medicals very soon". It's not his fault I know, but it is frustrating getting the same answer each time.

We have had the house on the market for 7 weeks now and not one viewing, not even a sniff of interest. They don't know what they are missing.

The whole thing is getting a bit boring now, especially when friends and family keep asking how its going and have we heard anything yet.

Oohhhh, it's so frustrating for us all in this horrible boat (which feels like it is sinking)

And if I hear one more piece of news about how house prices are falling, mortgages not being approved and money is tight I will scream.

Rant over - feel better now.

Can I ask when you lodged your visa? Thank you!

Guest natdan
Hi Gill

TOTALLY AGREE with Jacqui , DO not loose that buyer, you"ll have to rent while waiting for that visa [ Will be here SOON !! :):) ] We"ll do a swap if you want . The visas will come eventually, dont know about the buyers though [ Rocking horse SH.T . GOOD LUCK ,fingers crossed for you.

Wayne n Louise. [ waiting for that BUYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] :arghh:

Hi Gill

It all gets a bit much at time's there are days when I walk around like a zombie

trying to get it all straight in my head, but you have that goal post in sight now

it looks like it won't be long and you will be soaking up oz rays instead of brit rain, and you will have all the stress about which house you like best to buy.

Good luck with your dad by the way, it is a lot to cope with it does do your head in

just make sure that hubby of yours spoils you lots and lots.

Julie

Guest Beth&Martin
Can I ask when you lodged your visa? Thank you!

Hi Lulujim,

We started the process back on 3rd July 2007 and sent our application to our agent who couriered it to DIAC on 5th November. We had confirmation of reciept on 6th Nov 2007.

So nearly 9 months. I know it's possibly not as long as some people have waited, but it feels like ages.

Guest Lulujim
Hi Lulujim,

We started the process back on 3rd July 2007 and sent our application to our agent who couriered it to DIAC on 5th November. We had confirmation of reciept on 6th Nov 2007.

So nearly 9 months. I know it's possibly not as long as some people have waited, but it feels like ages.

It is a long time!! We have only been waiting since Apil - and that feels long :sad:

Hope you hear soon - any more joy with your house? x

Guest Beth&Martin
It is a long time!! We have only been waiting since Apil - and that feels long :sad:

Hope you hear soon - any more joy with your house? x

No, no joy with the house. I went into the estate agent on Saturday and asked them if there was any news - anybody interested. She said that she had sent out our details to few people, but nothing. She feels that they will be able to sell it by the end of this year. She says that people start looking for houses during August and September as they want to be in by Xmas. I don't know whether she was just pacifying me. I wont hold my breath.

You say you have only been waiting since April, but have you got your house on the market yet? I really wish we had put ours on sooner.

Guest Lulujim

I'm sure she's right - lots of people are away in the summer holidays and will start looking when the children are back at school too.

Luckily we don't have a property to sell - but thought we'd have to wait ages for my OH's bonus in January - seems like the visas are so slow that that won't be a problem now??

I will keep my fingers crossed for you - keep us posted x

Hi - Know how you feel - but the its just a matter of time before your visa comes....we sold our house and moved out in dec and didnt get our SIR visa until mid april..........its a stressy time...but you'll get through it some how.......just keep thinking about 'this time next year' scenerios..........

sarahx

Guest The2ofus
Hi Jacqui

Now i'm even more worried!

I know what you are saying about risking losing our buyers!

Not easy situation to be in!I have the 4 kids all off school and nursery for 6/7 weeks and really didn't want to start them back into school here(eldest would have to start at high school and youngest full time primary and he still has a sleep in the afternoon with his dummy and blanket and is soooo NOT ready for school yet and he doesn't even turn 4 until August)

We could go and stay at my parents static caravan on a holiday park if we had to but it's up Blackpool way and so if it was September we would have to just keep all the kids off school i suppose!

Can you imagine my stress levels 6 weeks of summer hols and then god knows how many more weeks all 6 of us in a static caravan!

No wonder i drink to much wine and have high blood pressure!Keeps me sane!!!

Good luck with house sale keep fingers crossed for you!

Hi Gill

We lodged our app for 495 sir visa 20th aug 2007, were acknowledged 4.3.08 and are still waiting for our case officer/visa grant ..... no news , homless and suicidal !!

Guest morgie@51

One thing you could consider is to move the older kids to a school in Blackpool. It may be worth thinking about keeping your youngest off school as I believe that legally they don't have to start in the UK until the term they turn 5 (in pratice this usually means the September of the school year they turn 5). In Oz they legally have to start the term they turn 6 but in practice they start the term after they turn 5.

Whilst Ali was at her mothers for 3 weeks our kids went to the local primary school for those 3 weeks. The school told us that Local authorities have a duty to educate children living in their area so they had to accept the children as they were in the school's catchment area.

Our view was that it would keep them busy in the day and it was good practice at having to fit into a new school with already established classes and friendship groups. It helped both of them when they got here because they had the confidence of having moved schools in the UK to fall back on when they felt nervous.

Admittedly in our case we knew it was only going to be for 3 weeks but it is an option.

Morgan