Horrid Kids

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi there

I'm just wondering what the kids are like in oz? I know there will always be one or two horrors wherever you live but I'm hoping they aren't like the kids who live in my street! I'm hoping parents have more discipline over there than alot seem to have here.

I live in a really nice area but some of the kids are horrid. My son who is 8 has just come in after a bigger kid has thrown a rock at his head and now he has huge lump and a graze and has gone really off colour. I went and spoke to this kids mother and she just got all defensive with me. This isn't the first time there has been trouble and I know boys will be boys but Alex could have been really hurt and I am just hoping we won't have this when we come over. This kids is new to the street as well.

As you can imagine I am still fuming now for over 2 hours. I just can't understand what is wrong with some people.:sad:

Guest Martin and Val

We don't live there as yet, you can blame that on the decision maker!

But in our experiences we have found the kids very respectful. Not to say that all are like this but each time we have used public transport in Aus the children have stood up and allowed us to sit down! In the UK they would probably push you out of your seat to make room for their feet!!

We have did however come across a few "Hoons" late at night in a car park wheel spinning and hand brake turning.

I'm certain others will elaborate on this topic as we are not the best qualified to answer really, but felt we should say what we had seen.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Kids are kids the world over. Although I would say the teenagers mine have made friends with are far nicer than their UK counterparts. They seem quite happy to chat to a parent, whereas the UK ones just about managed a grunt as they walked past.

I must admit I dispare when a client tells me their child has been picked on in some way at school and I then find out it is an english child doing the picking!

I have already posted here before that the majority of the local teenage gang members are brits!!

Dont worry too much at the term "gang" all the suburbs seem to have them and they dont appear to go round mugging people............yet!