MISSED YOU ALL

likesshopping

Hi everyone......

Our com uter broke about two weeks ago and I havent been able to go online .....now the keyboard has gone....letter after o doesnt work....so youll have to work out what Im going on about....

Anyway, have really really missed you all...its been horrible without being able to log on and see what everyone is u to....

Just seen that Angela has finally got her s onsorshi which is great....... Looking forward to getting back to the chat...

And ...we have finally logdged our visa a lication to Dima.....got our medicals booked for mid jan and moving out of our home on January fourth. Things are really moving now....have sold lots of furniture and boxed all the stuff that is going to oz........just gotta sort our the flight.......thinking of first week of july.....

Have you seen the crazy hot weather over there at the moment....its 9 oclock and 36 degrees..........fab isnt it

Lovin you all

sarahx

Hi Sarah,

I wondered whare you had disapeared to :lol:

Things seem to be moving along quite fast for quite a few people on here before long we will all be getting together on the other side :lol:

I am so disorganised, people keep saying ooh are you all packed and ready and i think christ no should i be i have supprised myself at how calm i seem to be, will probably explode the week before we go :shock:

I finish work next Friday so should be able to knuckle down, its weird i have to keep reminding myself that im not just going on holiday im not coming back :o

Well i will speak to you soon.

Hayls

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

Nice to see you back with us :lol: Bet you have been busy reading all the new threads and updating yourself :D

Hayls am so jealous you are so close to going now! Make sure you keep in touch and give us all the inside info on Adelaide :D

Lisa :D

Hi Lisa,

Yes i have bought myself a diary and i am going to write every thing down cause i am the worlds worst at forgetting things ,names ,places you name it so i thought if i kept a diary then i could keep you all informed :lol: , sometimes even the small things matter.

I have heard that the oaa do not have airconditioning and my daughter is horrified as she says this is what keeps the spiders out :shock: i dont know if this is true probably has some truth to it as she is a mine full of information and its usually right much to my :oops: .

I have just got my cases out all 8 and thought christ what am i going to fill them with :lol: ,the girls said no problem we could fill 5 with teddies :shock: , i am leaving nearly all furniture in the house as the buyer has bought it as she is going to rent her house out[over the road] and move in to ours so needs 2 lots of things.

We emptied the loft the other day, got every thing down and Cameron said i will leave you to go through it and see what you want i went through one box and thought sod it i have not looked at any of it in 8 years and told him to bin the lot :shock: :shock: he could'nt get it out of the house quick enough :lol:

I have been quite ruthless i have got rid of all ornaments and stuff like that, i have halved mine and the girls wardrobes it feels quite good really it will feel even better filling them back up with summer clothes down under :D ,well once again i have gone on and on so will say cheerio.

Hayls

Hayls you are so funny - You don't go on & on - we are all going to experience a life changing move, that is what this forum is all about so

GO FOR IT :!:

Funny I thought the other day about things in the loft (after we got the chrimbo things down) & you know what you never use anything that you keep up there, so why not get rid :!:

I saw my wedding dress (super size 10 that would probably only get 1 of my legs in now !) :(:( And wondered if I would pack that :?:

Personal piccies & stuff are a must & all the summer clothes you can squeeze in. Getting jealous now.

Good luck with the packing

Angela

We've got boxes in our garage that were packed when we left Germany (we were stationed there with RAF) in 1998 to move back to UK and haven't been unpacked since, they're full of stuff the girls don't want on display in their bedrooms anymore but aren't ready to part with yet and as we were taking them away from everything else that was familier we decided these boxes could come with us, I'd put money on the contents not being as important when we move to Adelaide as we've told the girls these boxes will be stored in their rooms if they want to keep them.

Hi Di,

Ihave still got stuff in my mums attic as i left home at 16 and moved from flat to flat abot 8 in total a lot of stuff went back to my mums and she has not mentioned it so i havent either :D When Cameron and i emptied the loft we had to sneek 5 binliners full of teddies down stairs before the girls could see them we were whispering and giggling like a couple of kids , felt really guilty afterwards, oh god i hope Georgia doesnt read this :shock:

Have you got the cases out yet?

Georgis tells me Tori swam with the dolphins for her 13th birthday not some thing you could do for your birthday in the uk [could swim with the duck i suppose :lol: ] was it good? did you do it or not.

Hey maybe we could all do it together one day :lol: :lol:

speak to you soon

Hayls :lol:

Hi Di & Hayls

Bradley & Thomas have started using the kids bit, I over-see them as they are still young. Bradley luvs the thought of talking to 2 older girls, bless him. We shall all have to meet up when we are out there :)

Just got naffed off with the agent, whose sent me an email about when this visa starts from. I won't go on & on but I am posting a thread with what hes said, so please take a look shortly to see if hes right! Thanks

We will definitely be sneaking a load of stuff to the charity shop, toys that is! My boys have stacks like all children, just hope santas being 'sensible' this year with what he brings them :shock:

Angela

Angela,

I can see sense in waiting until July as it's the end of the school year in UK but July is slap bang in the middle of the school year here.

School starts in January (normally around 24th ish) and ends in December (this week) Tori's last day was yesterday because all her assignments are done (those who haven't completed all their assignments are in school until Thursday) Cheyenne is in school until Thursday (not because she hasn't finished her assignments though as she's only in yr 1) but she has a school concert/carol service and class party on Thursday.

Hi Di , thats what we were aiming at but we get there a bit too late to go and have a look at any schools as they will all be shut when we get there which is a shame as i would have liked the girls to start on the same day as every one else, could you tell me what year the girls will be in.

Charlotte is now 13 and will be 14 on the 23/06/07

Georgia is now 12 and will be 13 on the 17/06/07

I no the cut of time is 1st of september here[i think :!: ] when is it there?

sorry to fire questions at you , can they leave school at 15 as well is it like 6th form after that.I did enquire about 9 months ago but have slept quite a lot since the :oops: and cant remember :roll:

Well happy packing sounds like you may be a pro :lol:

speak to you soon,

Hayls

Hayley, fire all the questions you need to, hopefully I will be able to answer most of them.

OK School starts back on January 30th 2007 so the girls will be able to start the same day as everyone else. Tori will be in yr 10, she turns 15 on Jan 18th, Charlotte will prob be in yr 9 (2nd year in high school here) and Georgia will be in yr 8 (1st year in high school here).

This is the high school Tori will be attending

http://www.rossmithhs.sa.edu.au/

Kids can offically leave school at 14yrs & 3 months but they leave without their HSC (High school certificate), HSC exams are done in yr 12 which is the normal end of education year, kids can then go onto TAFE if they wish and then onto Uni.

As for the packing... the removal company dropped me loads of flat packed boxes off last week and this coming weekend I'll start packing things we can do without over the next few weeks, I want to have the girls rooms packed away by Christmas so that between Christmas Day and Jan 2nd (when the removals come) they only have stuff they've had for Christmas left to pack. All books will be packed away this coming weekend too along with most DVD's and CD's.

Good Luck Hayls & Di with the packing

I am sure you will have some highs & lows as you sort through everything

Forgot to say SA advised me that Bradley will go into Year 5 during 2007 (current year in the UK hes 10 yrs old). They would assess him & possibly put him into Year 6 in Jan 2008 when the school year starts or let him have ANOTHER full year in Year 5 (not sure he will like that !) but it is what it is.

Not concerned for Thomas as hes Year 1, so hopefully he will settle easily :roll:

Angela :)

Angela,

Don't worry about the boys settling in, kids adapt far more easily than us adults. I know it's different for my girls as they're use to changing schools (the joys of military life) but honestly, all the kids at school will want to be their friends, aussie kids love the british accent.

Hi Di,

Thanks for clearing up the school year thing, i was wondering if there would be any one i could talk to about enrolling the girls once we find where abouts we want to be even though the schools are closed, i think i would like to let the girls visit as well before they go so they might have to start a couple of days after every body else.

Its catch 22 really dont know where i want to live yet so until i do i dont know what school to get in touch with :? but i am sure it will all come together one way or another :lol:

speak to you soon

Hayls

Guest dglamoore

Hi Hayls

Did you apply for the meet & greet service as well as OAA? When my friends arrived in October they used this and said it was great :D

They were met by an older couple who took them to the apartments they had booked, gave them a UBD street directory and then took them to sort tax number, shopping etc

We have requested this as sounds like a good start :lol: Bet you are counting the days down with your breath held now :D

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

Yes i have got the oaa and the meet and greet, sounded to good to miss really, i had a look on the web site Di gave me above and think we will give that a go too.

Yes i am counting the days down and still have loads to do, we have now decided to go down to stop in an airport hotel at manchester on the 31st it will be so much easier.

I am getting really nervous very up and down and all over really, not about what we are doing changing our lives and all that ,its about saying the dreaded goodbyes my eldest sister cant come and see me with out crying and i hate it, and my youngest sister has not had her baby yet :shock:

I finish work on Friday and i am dreading that as i have worked with and known them all since i was about 17 :cry:

speak to you soon

Hayls

Hi Angela,

the job im leaving is working in a dark room in a factory that makes photographic paper pretty crappy but i work with the greatest buch of people and we have such a laugh :lol: :lol:

As i said i have got loads to do and yet i still sit here every nite on this web site, i always feel so much better after speaking to every body on here :lol:

Cameron and i are going to make the first 3 weeks a holiday and do things you would do on your hols as well as doing the t.f. number and medicare and family benefit stuff.

speak to you soon

Hey Hayls if you enjoy your work thats all that matters :!:

Glad you have some time out planned, I bet it will be super warm. Will you be on-line / using your PC right up until the flight?

Want to make sure you don't fly off without my best wishes :)

The boys will be in touch with Georgia tomorrow, its been busy this week with school plays & parties.

Happy packing........I am dreading this part !!

Angela :)

Hi Angela,

I will be able to speak to you all the way as i am taking my new laptop and Camerons friend [designs programmes] is sorting it all out for us we are already wireless so i should be able to get on line and talk while on my journey, fingers crossed :roll:

The girls are really busy at the moment too loads of sleep overs n stuff :lol:

Georgia is very nervous tonight as she has a french test in the morning and after that she is performing a xmas song and dance for a school for children with special needs. :P

Charlotte is too shy to do anything like that :oops:

Have just booked airport hotel in manchester for the 31st, wanted to get away before the new year celerbrations and everybody started getting emotional :lol: 69 quid for 4 of us not bad i thought and it is inside the airport :lol:

SIGNED the contract and should exchange on the house next thursday so should have some money in the bank :D

I have got my works xmas party tommorrow nite it falls on my last day so thats quite good :lol:

well speak to you soon

Guest splmchandler

Hi Hayls,Di & Angela,

Our container is coming on tuesday, and I've still got loads to do, you all sound far more organised than me!! :?

I've been really ruthless so far, sorting out the kids toys while they have been at school,(mean aren't I)and I've taken loads round to the charity shop, but I still haveto pack clothes etc.. but like you say, I find myself on this site most evenings, or browsing through the real estate sites,I don't know why.

This weekend we're sorting out the garage, there's not that much left in there, but Steve hasto sort out his work tools etc.. we're going out saturday night, so that'll be fun with a hangover!! : :shock:

Hope you have a good night Hayls, and good luck to everyone with their plans,

Lisa & Steve :)

Guest taylor family

:D hi lisa & steve exciting times ahead just had meds today cost just short of £600.

just been reading about container because we've had shipping people round today I asked about tools of work with being in the building trade and they both told us if we ship tools over that are not perfectly clean that the customs can have them fumigated at a cost to you or be destroyed.

and also the kids bikes have not got to have any dirt or soil on them or you will be charged for fumigation. :?

but anyway what trade is steve and what do you do for work.

all the best for tuesday dont get to stressed just and hope you have a good xmas and new year. :D:) :lol: alan & laura

• 2 weeks later...
Guest splmchandler

Hi Alan & Laura,

Hi hope you all had a good christmas, the container came & went without a hitch,we used PSS and would recommend them. I know what you mean about everything being clean, we had fun with the pressure washer late monday night, we were soaked and freezing!! :lol:

We haven't been on line lately as we are living with my mum, but she has just had the internet connected, so it's nice to be back on!! :lol:

We are flying out New Years Day, so really getting excited now, Good luck with everything, you are nearly there now!!

Lisa & Steve