did you get a full or part container and which company did you use
Totally mirror everything jackie says , do NOT lose those buyers what ever you do , surely your visas will be here soon, we hope so.:) We are in the same position as jackie [ got visas but no buyer !! YET. ] so know exactly how she"s feeling. TRYING TO KEEP SANE and not to drink to much , but not doing the latter very well !!. GOOD LUCK Gill what ever you decide and do, and jackie stay positive, we are. One way or another we will have to visit oz by xmas , HAPPY DAYS .
Originally Posted by caoimhe
Wayne n Louise.
The housing market is doing my head in but we are going ahead anyway. Slightly different in that I and the kids have Aust. Passports and we are just waiting on Aust Fed Police before Spouse Visa granted.
Rent won't cover the mortgage so need to make sure I get the right job paying the right money to cover it (and rent a chaper place in Adelaide too). Hardly any cash behind us but a whole lot or purpose the time is right now to go, not in 2 years.
We all go on 15/9 with or without my wifes Visa. Figure she can enter as atourist and go pick it up in Singapore if we need to. I'll return to UK to finish off work etc for 5-6 weeks.
Our approach (works for us but maybe not others) is to simply make the decision and committ. if someone had come along for house months ago I would have snapped their hands off and removed one less obstacle. In a nutshell, take action on what you can control (e.g. accepting house sale offer) and worry less about what you can't control (when visa comes thru).
Or to put it another way, ask yourself what you can do rather than worry about what you can't do (ddin't intend to preach, just that I often need to remind myself when I'm frustrated)
I wish you all well and you have my respect and admiration for upping sticks to move to Australia. Takes a lot of faith and courage and I hope you settle in well when you get there
Originally Posted by Django
Originally Posted by danlee101
Good luck to you ands your family too!!
If I was in your shoes I would definitely go for it. Hey, you could even book the same flight as us!! Passengers would love that many kids on the flight.
Seriously though the way the market is at the mo, I would not risk losing the buyers.
We have got a 20ft container and are using PSS.
Originally Posted by soccer65
Its a no brainer...go for it! In the unlikely event you dont get the visa then buy another house, you never know you might get a cheaper one than the one you sold!