Don't let them go
We are sitting with the visa and can't do anything about it. Got an offer from an investment company for 70grand less than the asking price. We considered taking it but that would mean we would have no money at all to put down on a house in Oz and at our age and with 4 kids when would we ever get to save up enough for a deposit on our own home. If they would have given us an extra 10,000 I would have taken it. I have looked into renting it out but we would need to remortgage first and could only afford an interest only mortgage, even at that we would be 200 short a month between the rent and mortgage. I have spent the day in tears as I am so fraustrated about the whole thing and don't know if I can take it any more.
Speak to your agent and see if they think there would be ANY reason you would not get the visa and if they can't see a reason then go ahead with the sale. You could ask the buyer's to give you 6 weeks and hopefully you will have something through by then.
Honestly Gill you have no idea how hard it is sitting here with a visa and not being able to go. I can feel the dream slowly slipping away. I would rather be in your situation with a house sale and no visa than in mine
Originally Posted by caoimhe
This is our worry..... losing these buyers BUT would feel "safer" with the visa granted!
Have spoken to our agent and he assures us that he has no worries about us getting the visa it's just the waiting that is the problem!
I really feel for you and wish you luck with your situation
Open a bottle of wine..........i just have!!!!
Have been drunk the last 2 nights and just cry more
Originally Posted by cunnah10
Originally Posted by Django
How are you feeling about everything now!
Wow flights booked and off you go very very soon!
Arr bless you.................Stress is so horrible and cruel!!!!
Originally Posted by caoimhe
Will keep my fingers,toes and everything else crossed for you!!!!
we have sold our house and are waiting for visa to come through.We accepted less than asking price because we knew housing market would get a lot worse and had quite a few viewing with no joy and did not want to risk no one else been interested in our house,so do not let them go you never know when someone will put in a good offer.
We are now living with my wife Lisa mam and dad, its not too bad but at least we are saving money and with some luck visa will come through soon and we can book our flights.
Steven,Lisa,Sam(13) & Georgia(10):v_SPIN:
Thanks Steven...............We will be in same situ as you!
Originally Posted by soccer65
what visa are you waiting for?
when did you "lodge" it?
we are going on subclass 457 did this online in June,got case worker after a couple of days sent off paperwork needed , had medicals done on 1st August.Up to now everything going OK just waiting for that important green light.
All the best