| || |
We sold our house for 40K less than we started. Perhaps we have similar type houses. In any event hoping you have some joy soon.
Have you considered selling with a relocation company? I did look into it at one point and if we'd done it then, we'd have got a bit less than we have ended up with now, but I THINK we would possibly have gone for it if our buyer fell off the wagon. We were under offer from 15th March till we finally exchanged at the end of July...
Me (36), DH (36), DS1 (9), DS2 (6), DS3 (4), DD1 (2), DD2 - BRAND NEW!!! 26-6-11 ...80 ʇdǝs ɹǝpun uʍop pǝʌıɹɹɐ
Enjoying every day life with all our needs satisfied in this sunscorched land...
We have already dropped by 40k
What do you mean by a relocation company. We did speak to a few investments companies and they were offering 70k less than the asking price
Perhaps you could do some research into your house to see if George Best ever came around to your house whilst he lived nearby. Perhaps he kicked a football in the back garden etc? Did he ever walk past? Then you could use it to attract people to your house.
Only joking.... it doesn' seem fair does it. Your house is probably much nicer anyway.
Were in the same boat.
Now reduced our house to a giveaway price £140,000.
were in Cornwall selling a 3 bed mid terrace with new double gazing, new centeral heating, new bathroom, new kitchen, neutraly decorated, well looked after gardens, garage with electric in block, good parking, in a very good area and even offered to thow in the 48" plasmer tv to who ever buys our house but still no takers.
Everyone who's seen the house loves it but theres new builds about 1 mile away that have been reduced to the same price to get rid of them.
We have to vaildate our permement resident visa by mid december so getting a bit worried now and our new employers keep asking us for a moving date as well.
Missus is stressed and im begining to think the move will never happen. :(
Totally agree its a nightmare, we sold originally in Feb then our first buyer wanted £20 grand off on exchange day, so we said no way ( not knowing market would end up like this) - now four months later we have new buyer but at £15000 less than what original buyer offered when we pulled out -so overall £45 000 less than what on market for originally. Still not exchanged either -meant to last week but they delayed untill this week so we will see what happens. Problem now we have lost almost all equity but need to sell before market goes down any more and we come out with nothing! So stressfull to say the least
hi jackie , your in the same position as us, have to valadate by end of feb 09, weve dropped the house price this week, renting not an option for us either, trying to sale our caravan to fund the trip in feb as well but no joy there either, weathers not helping got to keep laughing ,and try to keep positive good luck with the price drop, hopefully a buyer will come forward,
God this is awful! So many of us are wanting a new life 'down under' and are being put under pressure by this Goverment's unwillingness to help the Housing Market.
We're currently having our house monitored by the NHBC for heave as it has cracks in it. Fingers crossed, we don't need to have it underpinned - or we're stuffed (if and when our Visa is granted) on selling the house. That's where our money is!
Good luck everyone ;)