House reduced again

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Well we have reduced our house by a further 25 grand

When we put the house on the market it was for 40 grand more than now. We are offically the cheapest house of it's size in the area. In fact there are houses in other not as nice or popular areas than ours that are dearer. Surely to God that should get us a buyer :arghh::arghh:

Guest karenuk

hi jacqueline

Just wanted to wish you best of luck with house sale,were in exactly the same situation as yourself our house has been on market almost 6 months and only had 2 viewings ,hubby wont drop the price any more just because market is bad .

so dont know what will happen in the end we got our visa 10 days ago and have till 3rd April 2009 to enter Australia,so have got abit of time yet but still not optimistic that it is going to happen as things are only supposed to get worse,we cant rent the house as we need the money to pay for flights,and shipping etc ,just typical it's come right at the wrong time.

when do you have to be in Australia?

good luck

karen

Guest caoimhe

Hi Karen

We have till 28th February to validate

We can't rent either as wouldn't get enough in the rental to cover everything. Our Estate Agent reckons it will take at least 5 years for the market to recover in Northern Ireland. Our house prices went up at a ridiculous rate. If we had sold last summer we would have got 105 grand more that what our house in on for now that means the houses in this area went from 83000 to 310000 in 8 years-unbelievable

We are so stressed about it so if we don't get any more viewers will drop again in a few weeks

When we put the house on the market it was for 40 grand more than now. We are offically the cheapest house of it's size in the area. In fact there are houses in other not as nice or popular areas than ours that are dearer. Surely to God that should get us a buyer :arghh::arghh:

Its so frustrating isn't it, as I'm sure you've read my thread about selling my house, so many people are in the same boat as you, its not funny.

Fingers crossed for you (the ones I have left, as most are taken up for me!)

Judix

Guest caoimhe
Its so frustrating isn't it, as I'm sure you've read my thread about selling my house, so many people are in the same boat as you, its not funny.

Fingers crossed for you (the ones I have left, as most are taken up for me!)

Judix

Hi Judi

I have read what happened to you and even if we could afford to rent what happened to you put us well off

Good luck with yours too

Guest natdan

We too have reduced and reduced:arghh: by over 30k now , [ i am the manager of the estate agents ] we have people who want our house [ 4 bed detached now cheaper than 3 bed detached ] now we have dropped the price, but still they cannot sell there own:arghh: !! I do not have much hope left in the market ,so visas need to be activated by December, so on the verge of booking return flights for xmas, instead of one way flights . WE need to do something now , as do not want to leave it any longer . Hope you have some luck as i think we all shall need it in these bad times [ SORRY for being Pessimistic ]

Louise n Wayne

Guest caoimhe
Great, just seen on the news they are putting George Best's old family home up for sale.

I've no bloody hope now:arghh::arghh:

Well as predicted George Best's family home has been on the market 3 days and has been offered the asking price:mad:

I have 4 sons, do I have to wait until one of them becomes a famous footballer to sell my house :biglaugh:

His home isn't even in a nice area

We sold our house for 40K less than we started. Perhaps we have similar type houses. In any event hoping you have some joy soon.

Have you considered selling with a relocation company? I did look into it at one point and if we'd done it then, we'd have got a bit less than we have ended up with now, but I THINK we would possibly have gone for it if our buyer fell off the wagon. We were under offer from 15th March till we finally exchanged at the end of July...

Guest caoimhe

Hi Sally

We have already dropped by 40k

What do you mean by a relocation company. We did speak to a few investments companies and they were offering 70k less than the asking price

Guest Aussie pat

Perhaps you could do some research into your house to see if George Best ever came around to your house whilst he lived nearby. Perhaps he kicked a football in the back garden etc? Did he ever walk past? Then you could use it to attract people to your house.

Only joking.... it doesn' seem fair does it. Your house is probably much nicer anyway.

Well as predicted George Best's family home has been on the market 3 days and has been offered the asking price:mad:

I have 4 sons, do I have to wait until one of them becomes a famous footballer to sell my house :biglaugh:

His home isn't even in a nice area

Guest cornish Busdriver

Were in the same boat.

Now reduced our house to a giveaway price £140,000.

were in Cornwall selling a 3 bed mid terrace with new double gazing, new centeral heating, new bathroom, new kitchen, neutraly decorated, well looked after gardens, garage with electric in block, good parking, in a very good area and even offered to thow in the 48" plasmer tv to who ever buys our house but still no takers.

Everyone who's seen the house loves it but theres new builds about 1 mile away that have been reduced to the same price to get rid of them.

We have to vaildate our permement resident visa by mid december so getting a bit worried now and our new employers keep asking us for a moving date as well.

Missus is stressed and im begining to think the move will never happen. :(

Guest manykids!

Totally agree its a nightmare, we sold originally in Feb then our first buyer wanted £20 grand off on exchange day, so we said no way ( not knowing market would end up like this) - now four months later we have new buyer but at £15000 less than what original buyer offered when we pulled out -so overall £45 000 less than what on market for originally. Still not exchanged either -meant to last week but they delayed untill this week so we will see what happens. Problem now we have lost almost all equity but need to sell before market goes down any more and we come out with nothing! So stressfull to say the least :arghh:

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi jackie , your in the same position as us, have to valadate by end of feb 09, weve dropped the house price this week, renting not an option for us either, trying to sale our caravan to fund the trip in feb as well but no joy there either, weathers not helping:biglaugh: got to keep laughing ,and try to keep positive good luck with the price drop, hopefully a buyer will come forward,

Guest ozziespurs

Good Luck! I know what you mean our house been on since jan and reduced it by 25k too, it is also cheapest in area and very good price but still no luck, even thinking of reducing again but ea don't know if that will help as houses just aint shifting at the moment.

Guest Elizabeth

God this is awful! So many of us are wanting a new life 'down under' and are being put under pressure by this Goverment's unwillingness to help the Housing Market.

We're currently having our house monitored by the NHBC for heave as it has cracks in it. :arghh: Fingers crossed, we don't need to have it underpinned - or we're stuffed (if and when our Visa is granted) on selling the house. That's where our money is!

Good luck everyone ;)