Physically sick?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else is suffering from morning sickness..lol..and I'm definitely not pregnant. I "think" it's related to nerves. I don't have the visa yet but my mind is racing continuously with whether or not we're doing the right thing and as it looms ever closer I've found myself feeling sick.

I'm sure when it actually happens I'll grab it and go with the flow but I'm just so scared right now. I hope this feeling doesn't continue...it'd be nice to get there, find a job (main contributor I'm sure for the unease) and enjoy the lifestyle. Having a continuous ball of nerves ain't nice :-(

Ach well..nice to let of some feelings on here though with people who understand what it's like :wubclub:

TTFN... Carol Ann

Guest milly123

Yes , I would say most have them , and they don't stop, visa, then packing, then flight, then finding a rental, then a job, I would say it last's for about 6mths, but dont worry its all worth it in the end, and it will all eventually work out .

Oh Nick I so know what you mean about the insomnia.

My OH loved it though as his lunch for work was all ready, as was his entire wardrobe following the ironing sessions I used to have. I don't think my home had ever been as clean, I think people go through a bit of OCD when waiting on their visa, just trying to get other things to occupy them.

Anyway Carol Ann it won't be long before it is all a distant memory, when you are finally here and enjoying what SA has to offer.

Guest massive

Oh yes I know that feeling , we fly on the 19th sept our daughter tells us every morning how many days left and even reading this made me feel sick and its mad because I am looking forward to the move so I don't understand it :confused:

good luck debbie

Guest Griggs family

I know how you feel. We have only just started our application and already I feel sick with nerves! I feel sick in the morning, fine throughout the day and then it kicks back in in the evening!:confused:

I keep thinking of what we are giving up here. Good jobs, nice house, good school for our son and of course family and friends. All that said, we really do want to emigrate. I just can't imagine handing in our notices and not having jobs to go to. Aghhhhhhhhh

My mind is also working overtime.

Hope it helps to know that it is normal, HA HA and that other people are going through the same.

Rachel

Guest Nick11
I know how you feel. We have only just started our application and already I feel sick with nerves! I feel sick in the morning, fine throughout the day and then it kicks back in in the evening!:confused:

I keep thinking of what we are giving up here. Good jobs, nice house, good school for our son and of course family and friends. All that said, we really do want to emigrate. I just can't imagine handing in our notices and not having jobs to go to. Aghhhhhhhhh

My mind is also working overtime.

Hope it helps to know that it is normal, HA HA and that other people are going through the same.

Rachel

OOHH i REMEMBER THAT FEELING AS WELL.Posting our first payment to our agent - thinking life would never be the same again.

Seems a lifetime ago.

Guest Django
One day the mood is good the next is "what the hell am i doing"

Every day I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :goofy: Mind you thats nothing to do with the move. :biglaugh: As for going without sleep, again thats normal. Joe and Niamh see to that.:sad:

20 days and counting.:unsure:

Pete

Your not on your own and the insomnia has set in too. We have booked the flights to leave on 15 October 2008.

i am worrying that the house wont rent out!!! been interviewing candidates for my job which I love!

... and we are still gots lots of things to discard of... the lastest emotional tug was last week end(bank holiday) and a guy offered us £110 for our old LP and singles which according to the record collectors book were worth over £600... but we just couldnt let them all go.... so they are sat there in the living room on the floor in boxes. Arghh

Carole n Andrew

Guest Trakki

have been feeling sick for the last few weeks, probably due to only having 19 days left. less than a week until the container comes. :arghh: Sleep! What's that, even when Joe and Niamh do sleep I can't, when I do I go into such a deep sleep I don't feel any better for it. I am hoping this will go soon. So I think it is normal, hoping it is.:goofy:

You are certainly not alone.

Every day I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Mind you thats nothing to do with the move. As for going without sleep, again thats normal. Joe and Niamh see to that.

20 days and counting.

Pete

A quick shot of whiskey does the trick;)

At least by the time you get on the flights your be so tired you will all sleep for 20 odd hours!

Guest Trakki

At least by the time you get on the flights your be so tired you will all sleep for 20 odd hours!

try telling the kids that!!:arghh::biglaugh:

May not make it to Oz, my head may have finally exploded!!!:goofy:

Guest Nick11

The only consolation is - this is the worst it gets.

Apart from the goodbyes!!!!

I pride myself on being a hard faced b***** - but even I cried when I said goodbye to the mother in law!

It will get better.

Hey Guys

Can I just join in and say ME TOOOOO!!!! I feel so stressed at the min and as soon as it gets to 11.30pm Im wide awake and my mind is whirling. We leave Jan 7th and eveythings booked but cos we havent ( and it feels like we will never) sell the house we won't have the money we thought we would have. Which will make things that extra bit harder when we arrive. I can't stop thinking about this, will hubby get work and will the kids be okay.

Phewwww glads its not just me.:arghh:

Kimberley x

Guest Trakki

We are renting our house as it win't sell but like you this means that we are going with next to nothing. A worry when you have 4 childrens. The only up side is that I already have a job which I start 2.5 weeks after getting there and we are used to managing on my part time salary so as I will be working full time it hopefully won't be too bad. We are just going to budget for everything and keep doing the lottery!!!:biglaugh:

We are renting our house as it win't sell but like you this means that we are going with next to nothing. A worry when you have 4 childrens. The only up side is that I already have a job which I start 2.5 weeks after getting there and we are used to managing on my part time salary so as I will be working full time it hopefully won't be too bad. We are just going to budget for everything and keep doing the lottery!!!:biglaugh:

Hi There

We better all go and get our Euro Millions ticket for tonight. Its 70 million. Id like just a little of that. PLeasssseeee.:wubclub:

Kimberley x

PS looks like we will be renting to we had the Estate Agent out last week.