my new hobbie in adelaide

duncan-clan

Guest Django
Did you do a buddy jump first?

:shocked: Did you have an intelligence test first:biglaugh:

You have a perfectly good servicable aircraft and when its high off of the ground, you want to jump out of it!!!! :goofy::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
you can also get the experience by doing cable skydiving and cable hang gliding. I'm eventually going to give the cable hang gliding a go, there's a place just by the Victor turn off on South Rd. You get 2 goes and I don't think it costs much.

I think this has closed down now:sad:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I've always wanted to parachute jump and i'm turning the big 40 in a few weeks. My wife has booked me a tandem jump.:chatterbox:

Cool, tell me where and when I might come and watch!

well arrived in april and everything is going well so ive embarked on a new hoobie....ive taken the the step of jumping out of airplanes and im now doing my parachute licence seems strange that i arrived in a jumbo new im getting out of them lol:biglaugh:

I'm with Pete - you're off your head!! I get giddy reaching up to the top shelf of the fridge!!:swoon:

its not as bad as it seems i did my first solo jump last week from 10000ft, those who live down south there is a jump site in goolwa (at airport) thats where i did a 14000ft jump...but to be honest the most scarest part is sitting on the side of a plane looking down to earth from 3miles up and then getting pushed out of plane and screaming like a girl all the way down lol... but now ive got the joy of steping out on to the wing and jumping off i cant wait for this weekend doing more jumps in lowerlight (off port wakefield road just past two wells) for all you those who have said "ive wanted to do a jump" well get off your sorry arses and book the jump :biglaugh:

alex

well arrived in april and everything is going well so ive embarked on a new hoobie....ive taken the the step of jumping out of airplanes and im now doing my parachute licence seems strange that i arrived in a jumbo new im getting out of them lol:biglaugh:

Surpose its better than you old hobby in the Uk, Flashing old ladies at bus stops:biglaugh:

How are ya? not been on this site for ages

Guest Martin and Val

It's a fantastic feeling. I did two jumps when I was in my late teens and really enjoyed it. Like you said, its leaving the plane that worries you and of course hitting the ground. The bit in the middle is great fun, screaming your head off.

1032.gif

Being a little older and wiser now I prefer to just sit and look out of the window with a beer in my hand!13_4_9.gif

Guest TC for short

I prefer to fly aircraft rather than jump out! Once I've got my Australian licences sorted out & found suitable mounts I'll be happy to cost-share with anyone who's interested; right-way-up and/or aerobatics. Won't be for at least a couple of months though.

Guest BAZnDAF
I prefer to fly aircraft rather than jump out! Once I've got my Australian licences sorted out & found suitable mounts I'll be happy to cost-share with anyone who's interested; right-way-up and/or aerobatics. Won't be for at least a couple of months though.

If i can get a well paid job when i get there, then i will be doing my private pilots licence too. :)

Guest Martin and Val

Always been a dream of mine to learn to fly. I know it makes your arms ache a bit all that flapping.:biglaugh:

What sort of costs are involved?

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi "TC for short",

I would be interested in flying an aircraft again. I used to have a PPL. It would be nice to catch up when we are in Adelaide.

Siggi