allright me lovelies!

Guest mOZzy

we have to get serious now and think about validating our visas :shocked:

the dates will be sometime in november - hopefully for 3 weeks (if we can afford that long).

now we ONLY need to find accommodation and flights! :goofy:

question: is a rental car a necessity??? or would it be enough to have one for maybe one week (cram all the 'research' into that week) and do the rest on public transport? is that expensive? reliable?? network allright??

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Ashley & Susi,

Can't really answer your questions as we have had a hire car each time. Although we didn't use public transport there was plenty available and all seemed very easy to use. Certain others can answer that one better than us.

We fly 20th October so may see you during November.

All the best with your plans and the future.

Martin and Val:)

i've got a new friend :wubclub:

i was just wondering if it's much cheaper or if we just should take a hire car - especially with the little ones in tow?!

i guess we'd have to rent childseats too?!?!?

oh, not much longer for you then!!

well done - you must get excited now :jiggy:

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi MOZZY, Not yet in panic mode , don;t have to validate visa until May 4th but thinking about it ? hope your trip is good keep us posted?. Why don't you hire an old banger for 3 weeks ? race.gif anyway iam sure you will have a good un ATB Paul ECSTATIC.gif

Guest Trakki

This is certainly an option, (also depends how long til you make the move as the children may grow out of them if it is a while), we would store them for you. but I am sure that the hire companies provide car seats as it is law to have a seat. A few we have contacted provide the seats at no extra cost :wubclub:

Guest ozzy wannabe

Hi

My advice would be to hire a car!! we used Koala rentals they were really cheap and helpful and they gave us care seats for our children too,

Vicky

Hey Susi,

Glad to hear you will be joining us, even if it is just for a vist just now.

You can borrow my car if you want but if I get a job before then, well I'll have to call all bets off, but should know before you fly out and I can get seats for you arriving if you want and you can leave them with us.

Also there is a bed here if you want it, the kids have a double bunk, which is a double bed at the bottom and a single at the top, which we laid on the floor when we had younger kids staying, it could be a solution when you come and visit your bar!

Take care and see you soon.

I'll let the bar know you're on your way, so that it can prepare itself!!!

Just a thought...

Could you not buy child seats while you are out there and leave them with someone for your return?

There must be someone on here that would store them for a short period?

We might be in a similar position sometime in the new year.

Good luck!

Rob

That's not a bad idea Suzi, we'd be happy to store your child seats for you. In actual fact we've just put Rory into a bigger car seat and we still have his baby seat if you're interested in it? We bought it new when we arrived last year. It's yours if you need it anyway!:)

Guest graandjac

:)Ah-ha there you are , starting to think you had disappeared...!!!!, i recon it would be better to come for 2 weeks which works out at ten days here, which is loads of time to get about and have a good look aroung, and then spend the money on car hire....??, to come for 3 weeks would be great but if its only to validate your visa you dont want to be spending too much. The transport is good but there is loads to see and do and it would make it heaps easer with a car at your disposal. Just for the record the rental you are looking at is Fantastic as we stayed there on our reccie and some friends are there at the moment and love it too. Good luck cheers Graham

awww you guys all are just so GREAT!!!!!!! :cute:

i knew there was a reason why we'd go to adelaide!!!!!

That's not a bad idea Suzi, we'd be happy to store your child seats for you. In actual fact we've just put Rory into a bigger car seat and we still have his baby seat if you're interested in it? We bought it new when we arrived last year. It's yours if you need it anyway!

that's actually a good idea about buying the carseats and leaving them behind (cheers Rob!!)

for what size/age would that carseat be?!?! mine are not babies anymore - ds is a big 4.5yr and dd is a small 3yr

NEXT QUESTION: is there a place online i can look into carseats to buy?!?!

Hey Susi,

Glad to hear you will be joining us, even if it is just for a vist just now.

You can borrow my car if you want but if I get a job before then, well I'll have to call all bets off, but should know before you fly out and I can get seats for you arriving if you want and you can leave them with us.

Also there is a bed here if you want it, the kids have a double bunk, which is a double bed at the bottom and a single at the top, which we laid on the floor when we had younger kids staying, it could be a solution when you come and visit your bar!

Take care and see you soon.

I'll let the bar know you're on your way, so that it can prepare itself!!!

good girl! always prepared - i like it!!!

we might take that offered bed - so that's one night sorted!!

who's next?! :biglaugh:

ohhhh your car?! - well, i guess we don't have to rent one just now - but thanks for that great offer!!!

although i have to say i'd rather have you get a job!!!

for the sole reason of course that the bar will be better stocked :P

Ah-ha there you are , starting to think you had disappeared...!!!!, i recon it would be better to come for 2 weeks which works out at ten days here, which is loads of time to get about and have a good look aroung, and then spend the money on car hire....??, to come for 3 weeks would be great but if its only to validate your visa you dont want to be spending too much. The transport is good but there is loads to see and do and it would make it heaps easer with a car at your disposal. Just for the record the rental you are looking at is Fantastic as we stayed there on our reccie and some friends are there at the moment and love it too. Good luck cheers Graham

naww, we are not going anywhere! just needed to rethink everything!

yes, i tend to agree that a car is quite necessary so we'll see how long we can afford to stay!

how on earth do you know which rental i am researching?!?!?!?! :err:

Hmm, our old car seat would probably be just about ok for a child up to about three or so. I think it's for children up to 18kg. The offer's there anyway and even if you don't want it the storage offer still stands!

you are a star!!!!! :wubclub:

but since my dd will be 3yrs next month i think i'll go for the next one up straight away.

do you know of any places where i can look them up online?!?!

you are a star!!!!! :wubclub:

but since my dd will be 3yrs next month i think i'll go for the next one up straight away.

do you know of any places where i can look them up online?!?!

No worries! Try Target, Big W and K Mart, haven't got the web addresses but you should be able to google them. You should be looking at somewhere upwards of $70 or so. Good luck!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there - welcome back!

Toys r us here are a good place to look online but they are not the cheapest. Ruby has just come in wants a pirate on here so this is for her :jimlad:

We had a baby seat for Kenya when we arrived - she was 18mths then and we brought a booster for Ruby who is 5.5 now. They are both in the booster seats now and I think you can get them for about $40 upwards, unless you want branded ones - Hi5 or Shrek or whatever - they are about $80. But they are worth getting because they stay in them for quite a few years, but I am not sure what the actual law is but everyone I know with kids Ruby's age, are still in booster seats.

Public transport is quite good - from Noarlunga you can get the train into the city (and obviously all stops enroute) - takes about 35 mins and cost $2.60 each way. Buses are pretty good and there is a bus station in Noarlunga too.

Hope this helps - BTW there are heaps of folk who will store car seats and anything you don't want to take back to the UK so you have more baggage allowance when you come out for real - we have been known to store the odd box or two!

Forgot to mention that there is a place in Brighton who sell second hand cars and he also hires car out - Brian Threadgold - we know quite a few people who have hired from and when you buy a car from him, he knocks you rental off the price (obviously he is not doing you too much of a favour) but it might be a cheaper option. I think he charged a friend of ours about $22 per day for a rental, let me know if you want me to put a phone call into him.

Cheers Mozzy

Sas

xxx

thanks LIZ for the websites! BigW had quite some reasonable ones - will investigate further!! :wubclub:

Sarah mine will be 3 and 4.5 when we come around - so you are saying a booster seat for each would be fine?!? - well, the fewer expenses the better for us :jiggy:

with all the storage offered i really should take our double allowance and store everything in oz already!! just a shame that i need most :goofy:

i will let you know in regards to the carhire - i'll give that some more thought and it's still early days for that!

thanks for the offer :wubclub:

BOO

Hi ya Mozzy, god not been on this site for ages took me ages to get logged back on forgot my user name:goofy: and my password must have been rusty as it wouldn't work:biglaugh:.

Just had my friend from Adelaide on the phone and she said when they hired a car when they 1st moved over the car hire company gave them a booster seat to use with the car.

right off to have a look round this site see what I've missed see ya on yobro xx

Tina aka bimbo xx

Hiya

Just thought I would mention that the extra baggage allowance only applies to the first time you use the visa, so your validation trip will be when you get the 40kg, once the visa has been stamped you can only take the normal allowance, so when you move out to Oz you will only get the 20kg.

Just thought I would mention that.:wubclub:

BOO

Hi ya Mozzy, god not been on this site for ages took me ages to get logged back on forgot my user name and my password must have been rusty as it wouldn't work.

Just had my friend from Adelaide on the phone and she said when they hired a car when they 1st moved over the car hire company gave them a booster seat to use with the car.

right off to have a look round this site see what I've missed see ya on yobro xx

Tina aka bimbo xx

aaaaaaargh only took me 5 min to realise who you are :err::biglaugh:

Hiya

Just thought I would mention that the extra baggage allowance only applies to the first time you use the visa, so your validation trip will be when you get the 40kg, once the visa has been stamped you can only take the normal allowance, so when you move out to Oz you will only get the 20kg.

Just thought I would mention that.:wubclub:

i know!!!! isn't that just so unfair!!!!!

i had the same thought a few days ago and the silly thing is anything i could take and deposit with someone for months i'd say i don't really need it - and everything else i need here :goofy: