Who to fly with?

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

Hi guys

i think we are going to have to do an activation trip in December, i've been getting quotes and the prices are similar for British Airways/Quantas and Singapore Airlines.

Around £5000 for 2 adults, 3 children and an infant. Does this sound about right?

I can't believe it will thousands taken out of our budget but hey ho lets keep smiling its the only thing that keeps me sane. I'll be in a straight jacket by the time we emigrate!

I've never flown with Singapore before and i love BA but loads of people on this site rate Singapore.

Pro's and cons would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance!:)

Vikki

Sorry to hear you have to book a validation trip, I am sure you will have a great time, but it doesn't make up for not actually being there permanently.

We have flown Singapore twice, they are great, although personally I don't rate the A380 (I know others do, this is just my opinion).

I have just booked a flight for my Mum and found Cathay Pacific to be reasonably priced with well timed flights - booked direct through their website.

I've flown with Singapore, Malaysian, Cathay Pacific, Qantas and BA (long ago). They are all good. We used to say Singapore were the best but most recently at Easter we flew Malaysian and I thought they were really good, the cabin staff were extremely helpful. We booked online and when we rang up with some queries they answered the phone really quickly (some can keep you on hold for ages) and were very helpful.

The worst flight we had was with Qantas, the cabin staff were a bit more abrupt and we had some terrible passengers behind us !!! But saying that it wasn't bad by any means.

If you don't like asian food then there is obviously less choice with meals on the asian airlines, as there is usually one asian and one western meal on the menu.

If you want to do a stopover then Singapore is probably the easiest, as the journey to the city is the shortest. If you travel via Hong Kong then the flight is a bit longer, when we went the connections going direct with Malaysian were the quickest, it was only a 3 hour wait at the airport. KL airport doesn't have quite as many facilities as Singapore airport, but it is very new and spacious. Both airports are fantastic when compared with Heathrow!!

I'm sure whoever you go with it will be fine.

Hi,

We are in the same boat as yourself, what with the property market the way it is at the mo we are strugling to sell our place before the deadline date of our visa validation. We are planning to go over mid to late October before our little lady turns 2 years old, but like yourself we are unsure of who to fly with, and what facilities they have to cater for a child so young and restless, and also do any of the airlines provide some kind of cot or something abit more practical to sleep on rather than mummys or daddys lap.

I have just been on Malaysia Airlines website and got qouted £2834.00 for two adults and one infant, stopping over in Kuala Lumpa for a three hour pit stop, and i think thats a reasonable price to pay, but i searched for any info about travelling infants and could not find any, so any info recieved would be truly grateful.

Good luck with everything, maybe let me know who you chose. (il proberly still be making my mind up):)

Hmmm sounds cheap to me, cos tickets to here are cheaper in England than they are if you bought here. Just bought 2 tickets for my daughters who are going before Christmas to England and they were the equivilent of 3000 pounds. When I buy the other 3 tickets for after christmas will be up around the 7500 pund equivilent. Think it might be the taxes cos they are about 1/2 as much as the ticket itself.

Hi guys

i think we are going to have to do an activation trip in December, i've been getting quotes and the prices are similar for British Airways/Quantas and Singapore Airlines.

Around £5000 for 2 adults, 3 children and an infant. Does this sound about right?

I can't believe it will thousands taken out of our budget but hey ho lets keep smiling its the only thing that keeps me sane. I'll be in a straight jacket by the time we emigrate!

We too are in the same boat as yourselves, but have not given up hope in selling our lovely home yet ,but it will have to be very soon :arghh:. [ PLEASE ]. We need to activate by dec 18th so have been getting quotes for flights in dec, best price has been £4070 for 3 adults and 1 child with email flights on the 13 th dec returning early jan 09. The way we feel right now is we feel torn what to do as had a couple of cheeky offers on the house and do not want to give it away, but also do not want to waste £6000 on a needless trip !! Would fly DAN AIR if it would get us there any sooner[ showing my age now !!]

GOOD LUCK to you both and have a good trip whoever you book with . we will get there in the end. :):)

Louise n Wayne