neighbours

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

Are people generally good neighbours in Adelaide?

We are having constant trouble with ours i.e. rights of way car parking etc (we live in a row of terraces with open plan gardens so to be expected) I notice that the houses seem quite close even though detached and you can see the neighbours ugly fence right next to the window.

We also live in a national park so planning is a nightmare although needed to retain the beauty of the area i guess. Mind you the local Quarry is allowed to destroy the landscape due to some ancient law!!

Hoping to have more privacy and a bit more freedom but then I will be in suburbia rather than rural.

we are on waving terms with the people in the houses around ours.Parking is not usualy an issue, because most suburban houses have parking for at least 2 cars. Some older areas may only have room for 1, or if a really old cottage then none, but these are usually in the inner city and you are entitled to a street permit so you don't get fines.

We have Aussie's either side of us (and yes I live in Hallett Cove!! Wonders will never cease!!:biglaugh:)

They are fantastic neighbours and come summer we'll be having our usual barbies over at each others houses.. They are so laid back and easy to get along with, we are very lucky.

Judi x

Guest katsmajic

We have one side who its just a wave/hello to, the other side we are friends with, round each others houses etc, kids are great mates.

Weve made friends down the road and across the road just from initially saying hi's etc.

People are generally very friendly here.

Newbuilds dont tend to have much garden space, not from the ones weve seen anyway...so windows are upto fences in quite a lot of them...well you can walk down the side of your house - if you breathe in and turn sideways :biglaugh: unless your building your own and have a large plot and normal house, not a massive house on a tiny plot!

The older properties tend to have more space, and they all have had drives and garages so no issues with parking.

There are alot of 'reserves' here which are designated green spaces, and almost everywhere has access to at least one, its lovely to have those areas, large or small so the kids can all meet up/play soccer etc but are usually within sight of the house.

Driving around here i think the scenery is beautiful, sea to one side, hills and huge open areas to the other side.

It doesn't matter where you live in the world, there will always be someone who has dodgy neighbours.

We have had our fair share of dodgy neighbours, drug dealings, barking dogs, all night parties, domestics out on the front garden in the early hours and not forgetting the wheel spinning at 3am as well. Need I go on? Luckily the worst ones moved out but we are dreading the ones who move in their place.

Everyone gets it, unless you live in the middle of no where which is where I want to move to.