Glenelg & Brighton

Guest Natalie

Guest Guest75

They are nice areas and on the sea as well.

Busy and good for family's.

Easy reach to the CBD.

Downside is that it's quite expensive.

I see you are in Leeds.....I'm originally from Pudsey.:)

They are nice areas and on the sea as well.

Busy and good for family's.

Easy reach to the CBD.

Downside is that it's quite expensive.

I see you are in Leeds.....I'm originally from Pudsey.:)

Thanks for the info.

I live just down the road in Morley.

Can't sell our house so having to rent it, the housing market here is pants at the moment. Also, you'll be glad to here it's rained most of August and is still raining now!:arghh: Still hope to see some sunshine soon.

Guest Simon&Tracy
Thanks for the info.

I live just down the road in Morley.

Can't sell our house so having to rent it, the housing market here is pants at the moment. Also, you'll be glad to here it's rained most of August and is still raining now!:arghh: Still hope to see some sunshine soon.

Small world... we lived on the persimmon estate just off Magpie Lane before we came out here.

Hi Natalie

Both are lovely areas although pricey. I would also say that Glenelg in particular has a high population of elderly residents so you may find there is only a small population of families with young children living there. I may be wrong on this of course...have to say I would have loved to live there but couldn't afford it (for the size of house we wanted etc) despite bringing over a fair bit of cash from the UK. Everyone else is right though, there are lots of activities for all age groups.

What I love about both suburbs is the esplanade walk ways and play parks dotted along the way, oh and of course the dolphin spotting :)

Sounds lovely, will have to go and have a look when I get there. By the sound of it I might need to work my way down the coast until we can afford the kind of house we are expecting.

Thanks.

or up, have a look at North Haven and the beaches near there, down to Semaphore. There are some lovely houses up there and it's an area that often gets overlooked by people.

Thanks, will add it to my list to visit.

Guest AudreyJaneAnn

You will love Glenelg and Brighton. My daugther and I fly out 17th. All my family live in that area...Camden Park - not far from Glenelg. I have been there 6 or more times on holiday and my daughter loves every minute. Enjoy !

Try suburbs inbetween the city and the sea,Camden Park,Plympton, up and coming areas where you can pick up a bargain .Buy an older place and renovate.I have lived in this area for 21 years and it is so handy to everything.

Yep I agree, the house near me that I posted about a couple of months ago sold for $365,000 at auction. Needed some modernisation and work, but if you prefer to live closer into the city it's a good area to live in well serviced by all methods of public transport and if your kids are older, but not yet driving they can get themselves to Marion or the Bay or town easily. It takes me 15 - 20 mins to get into the WCH in North Adelaide by car. 10 mins to town, 10 mins to Marion, 10 mins to Glenelg. By tram or train it's about 10-15 mins into the city. The bus takes a bit longer cos it takkes a diverse route. There are not the sea views you get further south, but there is still a big sense of open space, cos these areas are still the traditional block sizes and the houses aren't jammed up against fences, like on some of the newer estates. That said I really like the feel of the Sunday estate down at Aldinga, just too far for me. I know a number of nurses who have fallen asleep driving home after night duty and had an accident driving down to the "Deep South"

I do like a good bargain!

Always liked the idea to renovate an old place. What are the trades men (& women) like out there? Do they have the same standards as the UK or are they abit hit and miss like in Spain?