peak season in oz

Guest Nicky&Andy

Guest Nicky&Andy

we have to activate our visa befor 20th feb 09, just got quotes for flights

£970 for four of us and £799 for the two younger ones, a grand total of £5,480

unfortunatly for us its fallen on the most expensive time, this is return and does not include any accomadation,

does this sound about the right price, or does anyone know where i might get a cheaper price, any help greatfully recieved

nicky:)

Guest Guzzler&Sas
thanks i will give them a go, also when you activate is there anything you need to do, or is it just to get your passport stamped

thanks again in advance

Hi,

Nothing to do, just by entering the country will activate your visa, Big Brother will be watching,

Guzzler

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks for that, :jiggy:

it sounds kinda scarey, i'll look really suspisous walking through the airport now,

bound to be picked on (looking nervous, anxious,excited,over happy and over tired):biglaugh:

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks for that laura ill keep you posted, trying to sort something out asap

if (big if) we happened to sell our house by then , i wonder if it would be possible to change the names on the ticket so you could use ours to come back, you could always discuise the girls in their scoobydoo outfits and make out their kez & arni :biglaugh:

Guest Nicky&Andy

:)thanks for taking the trouble, i will look into it, ive got one price for £5,480 seems to be the average price aparently flights are going fast more or less booked up to beginning of feb already (:arghh: i'm not panaking honest)

this is because of unis and schools going back from early Jan to end of Feb. I know there are no seats on Singapore airlines into Adelaide between 16th and 25 th Jan. This is due to fact that there is one flight a day from singapore (with singapore airlines), if you get stuck try flying via Melbourne or Perth or Sydney. You can book to leave from Adelaide, costs the same. A flight from Melb to Adelaide is about $79-100 depending on day and time. You could try Air New Zealand, but they fly via the states and NZ, but they do fly into Adelaide.

:)thanks for taking the trouble, i will look into it, ive got one price for £5,480 seems to be the average price aparently flights are going fast more or less booked up to beginning of feb already (:arghh: i'm not panaking honest)

If you really want to save money - do you all have to come over in order to validate the visa? Just a thought.

Just another thought, could you not come over in early Oct before the "peak peak" season. I always thought Nov to Feb was the peak season.

We are planning on going 4Feb and have been quoted £500 inc taxes one way with the IOM. They don't do a cheap business class though - thought I would cheekily as them!!

If you try Singapore Airlines website, put in flexible with dates, and it will give you a table showing the various price options.

We fly back with Singapore in 2 weeks on a single ticket costing about £600 each but the next day was showing £730. So by choosing the dates carefully, if you can be flexible with your dates, then you could make a good saving.

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks for the replys, as far as i know we all have to go to validate,

were banking on selling our house before we go, hence leaving it so late, but didnt realise that most flights for that time would be taken already

wow expedia.com sounds good will take a look, thanks

hi vikkiann yours would probabbly work out the same for us , cause of the boys ages two of them have to go as adults so that 4 adults & two child which i think is why it seems dearer.

I am worried because we can't book a flight until we get the visa but then we may only have a few months to validate it which by my reckoning will be in may 09.

What if there aren't any seats left?

It would be a gamble to book now plus we don't know if only going one way or return as of yet.

A real dilemma!!

What have other people done?

May is getting towards low season in Oz and it's highly unlikely that economy tickets for a May flight will sell out months, or even weeks, before. We flew out on Sept 1st, again low season, and only booked our tickets 7-8 weeks before that. I even checked seats for that date in mid-August and they were still available, still at the same price! So I wouldn't worry too much.

Guest Libby1971
Nicky, that doesn't seem too bad for all of you to be honest.

Ive been looking at flights to return home and one way will cost $7,400 for us.

so return at 5 grand's okay.

Flippin' eck luv!:swoon::swoon:

I thought I was paying over the odds but it seems I got a veritable bargain...

$8712 for 4 return tickets. Singapore Airlines.

That's because you're going when noone else want to Libby! Hubby and Daughters went last year over those school hols and it was 7200ish return for the 3 of them. They went for 3 1/2 weeks tho, let them have some time off school. Youngest went back to school next day after getting off plane cos yr 8s were off to camp for 3 days, when she got back from that, she had to go to a caving camp with scouts, so she only had 1 night at home for a week! She's got too much energy anyway, pays to keep her busy or she starts dancing and bouncing around whereever we are.

Just another thought, could you not come over in early Oct before the "peak peak" season. I always thought Nov to Feb was the peak season.

We are planning on going 4Feb and have been quoted £500 inc taxes one way with the IOM. They don't do a cheap business class though - thought I would cheekily as them!!

Nicky This is a good Idea,

October is good for 40th birthday parties to be shared with friends

Love Lauraxxxxx

we have to activate our visa befor 20th feb 09, just got quotes for flights

£970 for four of us and £799 for the two younger ones, a grand total of £5,480

unfortunatly for us its fallen on the most expensive time, this is return and does not include any accomadation,

does this sound about the right price, or does anyone know where i might get a cheaper price, any help greatfully recieved

nicky:)

This does sound about right as I have looked for roughly the same time in case we need to validate (by 28th Feb) and it 7 grand for 6 of us. Depressing isn't it