House sale dilemma

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

As some of you may remember we sold our house again recently after an initial false start, and took an offer a few grand below the asking price. We now find our selves in a bit of a dilemma. My husbands parents have come foward to say they have been looking into getting a buy to lease morgage and buying the house themselves as an investment. This would give us the asking price and save us estate agents fees, (adding up to about 6K extra). I would feel a bit rotten about pulling out of the sale we have agreed, but the extra money would definitely come in v. handy for the move. I really wish we'd known what they were thinking before we accepted the offer! What would you do?

Thanks in advance

Jen :D

Guest bev_stef

Hi Jen

Its like buses isn't it, take forever and then several come at once. It feels awful pulling out of the sale, but as long as te in-laws are positive its what they want to do, it would give you that extra money that would definately come in handy in Adelaide for you.

Check it out but I would definately go for the inlaws and keep the much needed extra cash.

Good Luck with your decision and with your move later this year.

Bev

Guest mOZzy

i guess you don't want to 'favourite' your inlaws?!

now if it was a completly different (unknown) 2nd buyer wouldn't you go 'ehm, helloohoo it IS a higher offer after all!!'

so, i'd say you will need every penny you can get hold of :)

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Jen and Ian

I'd say go with the inlaw's if their sure. Would the buyers be so thoughtful if they found a house they liked more ?? No didn't think so.

Funny though my OH was on about asking his Dad if he wanted to buy our house as a buy to let property last night, and i poo poo'd the idea.

Good Luck

Jane and Andi[/u]

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice, as it turns out the inlaws sums haven't quite worked out, serves me right for counting my chickens before they're hatched.

Jen