Bristol

laura girling

Guest dave&jacky

Hi we are from bristol uk in the Filton area north of Bristol ,now living in Henly Beach are you from Bristol? I have been in Adelaide for 2 months and Jacky has just been here for 2 weeks so she is just getting over the last bit of jet lag.

Hi we are from bristol uk in the Filton area north of Bristol ,now living in Henly Beach are you from Bristol? I have been in Adelaide for 2 months and Jacky has just been here for 2 weeks so she is just getting over the last bit of jet lag.

`

WOW,

my brother works near Filton, Rolls Royce.

i was from stockwood then moved to backwell.

Jacky how's the jet lag, my hubby and son were the worst I never had jet lag at all, I think this is to do with being deprived of sleep anyway through my girls.

Do you guys have children?

Hope you settle quickly

Lauraxxxx

Guest SA Great
Hi

Yes I don't miss the traffic of a saturday shopping trip.

The Mall at Cribs was good though.

i only went to swindon once, swimming at the Oassis.

Lauraxxx

Aaah the good old Oasis! Probably the hottest building in the UK!! I used to play snooker there and always ended up in a pool of sweat.

Clifton Suspension bridge was pretty cool and in the early 80's Bristol was our closest Mc Donalds so we always had a Big Mac there!!! How sad!!

Guest Southend boy
Aaah the good old Oasis! Probably the hottest building in the UK!! I used to play snooker there and always ended up in a pool of sweat.

Clifton Suspension bridge was pretty cool and in the early 80's Bristol was our closest Mc Donalds so we always had a Big Mac there!!! How sad!!

I dont know how far that is, but I can remember driving from Southend to the first McDonalds in London for a Big Mac, about 30 miles "How sad is that".:goofy:

Guest SA Great
I dont know how far that is, but I can remember driving from Southend to the first McDonalds in London for a Big Mac, about 30 miles "How sad is that".:goofy:

Swindon to Bristol is 40 miles!! That means I'm sadder than you....but only just!!!!! I would drive 40 miles to get away from them now!!

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Laura

We lived just along from Rolls Royce so we know it well. Our children are grown up, our daughter Katie is 24 and is doing her PhD in London, we are hhopefully trying to get her out for Xmas but flights are so expensive, so we are not sure if she is coming yet, our son Nick is in NZ snowboarding, he is 22 yrs old, he is coming to Oz in November but going to Melbourne, he loves Melbourne and has a lot of friends there as he was there last year for some time.

How do you like living in West Lakes? It is lovely here in Henley Beach as it is so close to everything. I am getting over the jetlag now and starting to look for a job, I can't sit at home all day and it's one way of making friends. I take it you are looking to start up a hair salon? Will that be in West Lakes or will it be in another suburb? Jacky

Guest The Angus Clan
`

WOW,

my brother works near Filton, Rolls Royce.

i was from stockwood then moved to backwell.

Jacky how's the jet lag, my hubby and son were the worst I never had jet lag at all, I think this is to do with being deprived of sleep anyway through my girls.

Do you guys have children?

Hope you settle quickly

Lauraxxxx

Hey Laura.... Small world! I lived in Kingswood until I was 19 and went to Filton Tech! Bristol has changed so much- I've lived in Scotland for nearly 18 years and wouldn't go back! Too busy these days ! Cribbs on a Saturday! No thanks! Hoping to be heading your way in next 8 mths!

Marcia :)

• 1 year later...
Guest the4hopes

Hi Laura, we came from Stroud near Gloucester so went to Bristol quite often, Cribbs, Ikea, Clifton. Good times but don't miss them!

Yes only 40 miles Swindon to Bristol but could take all day to get there!!!

Laura.

Guest VickyB

Hi guys,

I'm from Frenchay went to Ridings High School and Filton College. Was back there in May-June forget Cribs it's all about Cabot Circus now, I still prefer The Mall (free parking)!

Vicky

Guest Bristol_Christine_BRFC

Cabot Circus is amazing and you can park for free if your brave enough to walk through St Pauls haha. Adelaide shopping sucks :( good job the beach is gert lush

Guest Teresa01

There are quite a few of us from Bristol! We (hubby & Kids) have been here just under three months, we used to live in Frampton Cotterell and I also used to go to the Ridings High School (a few years ago though).

My step dad keeps me upto date with how Bristol Rovers are doing, up the gas!

I dont really miss the crush to get to the mall on a raining Sat or Sun, but I do miss Next. It seems the choice of ladies clothes here is a bit limited to say the least!

Teresa

Guest dave&jacky

Hi teresa/Christine

You Gasheads must be having nose bleeds with rovers being so high up the table, it must make a change from being down the other end.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:)COME ON YOU REDS:)

Dave

Guest theshaws

I lived in Weston-super-Mare but I did go to Bristol fairly often - does that count!?

Cribbs was great for most of the year but between november and the end of January it was not a good idea!!! Apparently Broadmead has all been done up and the new Primark is very popular

Lisa

Guest Teresa01

From the Dolman stand to Adelaide, boy the Robins do fly along way.

I dare not get into a City-Rovers ding dong as my hubby is more red than blue, ahhh!

Guest Bristol_Christine_BRFC

Christ ... I'm bloody suprised any sh**heads made it to Aus... 99% of them cant read or write to fill in visa forms let alone afford the flights on the dole... Up the Gas

Guest Nicky&Andy
Hi Nicky & Andy

how come you are still in Bristol? i remember talking to you last year on here, have you not been able to sell your house?

Dave

no fraid not, nearly sold, then fell through, still waiting, two interested but have to sell theirs,

really starting to get fed up now, cant see us selling this yr, at least it gives our oldest son time to sort himself out (he's decided not to come with us)

lucky you , i loved henley beach when on our recci, nice little bar on the front (left side if you walk towards the sea) :daydreaming:

Guest dave&jacky

yes thats the Baccus bar we spend many a hour sat watching the sun go down over henley beach :jiggy:nothing like that in Bristol.

Good luck with the house let us know how you get on and when you get here and we will buy you a drink at the Baccus.

Cheers Dave

Guest dave&jacky
Christ ... I'm bloody suprised any sh**heads made it to Aus... 99% of them cant read or write to fill in visa forms let alone afford the flights on the dole... Up the Gas

Thats rich coming from a gashead i hear there is still 2000 of them going to Eastville every other saturday they find its better watching people walking around the shopping centre than watch Rovers trying to play football;)

Mind you thats almost has many go to watch them up the Bristol Rugby ground.

Maybe one day they will get there own ground i did hear that they were looking at moving on to the downs but Bristol city council said they did not want to bring down the standard of football:biglaugh:

Is it right you ended up in Brighton because you thought Rovers were playing them in the cup and it took 3months to get there on the Bristol Bridge Ferry:jiggy:

Have a nice week end

Dave