Almost 3 weeks and so far so good!!

Guest deanrm

Hi Everyone,

Think its about time that I sit down and tell you all about the last three weeks.

Here goes, the journey (which I was dreading) was fine, the kids were brilliant and slept on the plane for the majority of it. We flew with Singapore Airlines and I would not resist n recommending them. However, what I had not bargained for was the jetlag. OMG, I have never felt tiredness like it, and for so long. It took us all a full week to fully recover. I must admit that there were a few tears (from me) in that first week. I am rubbish when I'm tired and the tasks ahead of us just seemed to much to bear, I did not know where to start. We were staying with friends then and without them, I don't know what we would of done.

To be honest I can't really remember much of that first week, its all a bit of a blur, but we looked at houses, areas, school and a few more houses. I was so sick of looking at houses that we settled for the one we are in now, in Aldinga. We really liked Aldinga as soon as we drove around it. Everyone is really friendly and we like all the new estates that are going up, the school sold it for us. Finding a good school was my biggest worry, but as soon as we looked round it we knew that we wanted our children to go there.

So two weeks after we landed we moved in to our new house (rental), the kids have started school today and Dean starts work sometime this week. So far we are very happy, everything seems to be going so well, we are waiting for the hick up. Hopefully it won't come just yet. Parts of Adelaide are really beautiful (the view of the hills from the bottom of our road is stunning), parts are not so beautiful. Our feeling right now is that we are going to be very happy here.

Thanks for reading

Trisha

Guest cunnah10
Hi Everyone,

Think its about time that I sit down and tell you all about the last three weeks.

Here goes, the journey (which I was dreading) was fine, the kids were brilliant and slept on the plane for the majority of it. We flew with Singapore Airlines and I would not resist n recommending them. However, what I had not bargained for was the jetlag. OMG, I have never felt tiredness like it, and for so long. It took us all a full week to fully recover. I must admit that there were a few tears (from me) in that first week. I am rubbish when I'm tired and the tasks ahead of us just seemed to much to bear, I did not know where to start. We were staying with friends then and without them, I don't know what we would of done.

To be honest I can't really remember much of that first week, its all a bit of a blur, but we looked at houses, areas, school and a few more houses. I was so sick of looking at houses that we settled for the one we are in now, in Aldinga. We really liked Aldinga as soon as we drove around it. Everyone is really friendly and we like all the new estates that are going up, the school sold it for us. Finding a good school was my biggest worry, but as soon as we looked round it we knew that we wanted our children to go there.

So two weeks after we landed we moved in to our new house (rental), the kids have started school today and Dean starts work sometime this week. So far we are very happy, everything seems to be going so well, we are waiting for the hick up. Hopefully it won't come just yet. Parts of Adelaide are really beautiful (the view of the hills from the bottom of our road is stunning), parts are not so beautiful. Our feeling right now is that we are going to be very happy here.

Thanks for reading

Trisha

Hi

what school have you decided to put the kids in?

We arrive in 4 weeks and are renting a house also in Aldinga(our landlord tells us a new family from the UK just moved in a few doors away from our rental...could it be you?)

You must let me know as i'm very curious!

glad you are feeling more settled!

Hi There

Great Post really positive. So pleased you are settling in well. We will be in Aldinga in Jan this year and can't wait. Lots of folk now seem to be giving the area a chance.

Is the school Galliee you looked at. We looked there , Aldinga Primary and settled on Mclaren Vale only because it is a state school and we didnt know how our money situation would be when we get there. Max my son loved it everyone was really friendly and its 10 mins from the house.

Our kids are about the same ages so it will be nice to meet on the beach in the summer. All the best for your new beginings. Hope your hubbys first day goes well.

Kimberley x:wubclub:

Hi Trisha and family, glad to hear you are settling in well, hope the children enjoy there new school, i"m sure they will. Once the summer sets in it should also make it all feel better . Good luck and i hope you all enjoy your new lifes in adelaide.

Louise n Wayne