Emigration shows

Guest warren1832

Guest warren1832

Hi

The wife and me are going to an Emigration show in Coventry, the one at Stoneleigh Park. Anyone been to this one, and was it worth it?. Not sure if we are getting carried away and just teasing ourselves by going as we have only just applied for our Visa, Peaking too early??!!!

Hi there - we went to one in April, and my OH has been offered a job through this. One he would never have been able to apply for if we hadn't gone. So that was good, but I also found it was good to re-confirm our decision, listening to the talks on SA etc etc.. and meeting others in the same boat. :)

Guest Sharron & Andrew

We went to a show back in April, we wanted to confirm that the dream could actually become a reality before we took the plunge and spent a lot of money!!

We travelled to Leeds which is a three hour drive for us from here, but it was well worth it - there were representatives from Shipping, Bank, Employment, Money transfer, Migration giving talks and the information packs they gave us were excellent.

Guest warren1832

Hi Janine

Just found it buy looking on the internet, stick this link in your internet browser!

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/shows_and_publications.htm

Looks quite good, tickets are £7 each but i think you also have to pay a further £4 to "meet the experts"?. Think me and the wife will be going, might see you there!

Mike

Guest Sharron & Andrew

We went through the Emigration Group - even though we are not actually using them as our agent (they did encourage you to go with them on the day at reduced costs, but there was no hard sell) - it cost £20 for the two of us (children were not allowed to go) and I found it to be well worth the money - all the experts were there and they spent as much time with you as you wanted - the only thing was that you had to wait in line to see each expert and it got quite hot as the lines were quite long - I went out and had a coffee and went back in again once the initial crowd had died down!

Hello im new to the site and just thought i could help. I just wanted to let you know we used this site www.workingin-australia.com and bought ticket for the london expo The Opportunities Australia Expo Team ... there is alot of advice on here and tells you about other expos that are on in different areas (and other countries should you not be sure whats right for you yet). This was recommended by my friend and she is already there in SA. You can buy the tickets on line you just need to take your reference no with you when you go. Hope this helps. By the way we've sent TRA for OH and have booked in for IELT and have just applied for our visa online. We're going to the one in Earls court on 25th October. I just wanted to add aswell that i checked my tickets and you can take the children to this one and all children under 18 go free.

Terjo

If you make it along to either of the forthcoming Emigrate shows, do go say hi to Judy from Home2Home who will be at both of them. She'll have lots of info on all sorts of things - including jobs - so if you're considering Adelaide, go pick her brains!

Liverpool Aintree show - 4th & 5th October, Home2Home can be found loitering on stand 19 with Immi2Oz

Coventry Stoneleigh Show Grounds show - 11th & 12th October, stand 14 right at the front with Migrate Mates

Diane

xx

Guest angiestaff

hi,

me and hubby are going to the same show, we had our visas granted in july but thought the show could give us some good ideas on finance etc.. for when we hope to go in jan. we booked tickets online and got the free dvd and we found it useful so hopefully the show will be too, and if not it only cost £7.00 each!! lol

angie