We've bought a house in oz - over the net!

likesshopping

Hi all

Well, not sure if I like this new set-up or not...will have to get used to it.

Anyway, did miss the site this morning whilst it was undergoing a facelift......had to put my news on the 'other' forum.............but anyway...

Yes, We have bought a house in Adelaide, Seaford Rise..from seeing photos of it over the internet........I know, I know, its a crazy thing to do.....but we really dont want to have to rent and we just dont want to have to move our kids around if the house we did eventually buy was in a different suburb. Also the rent we would be paying would be more than our substantially lower mortgage.........so....we now have a house........

.....I did get Lisa (dglmoore) to have a nosey look around for me..........so, I have someone to blame if its not upto scratch!

Its so exciting....we dont have to bother with OAA anymore, but will use the meet and greet service and will book a hotel for the first 2days (in time for us to shop til we drop for essentials)

.....whats the worst that can happen??

....we dont like it...we sell it....we buy another one.

Speak soon

sarahx

Guest bev_stef

Hi sarah

I don't believe it, that is so great, I wish i had the nerve to buy from here, I hate the idea of moving the kids, from one place to another, really just wnt them to get settled in a "home" as soon as poss. I hope we can rent for as short a time as poss when we get there.

Good Luck with the move, and I hope you love the house, I'm sure you will.

Bev

Guest Tina

fantastic news Sarah,

it won't be long before you are relaxing in that very house, you will be able to relax a bit more when you first arrive and not go to all the open house sales.

tina

Guest jen&ian

hi Sarah,

Great news. I totally agree about moving the kids around thats the one thing I'm not looking foward to. Hope it's everything you want it to be, not long now till you find out.

Jen

Guest Kiki

Absolutly fab. I would love to do that. How easy was it.?? Definetley with you on the lower mortgage payment versus rent.

Can you post a photo to let us all see??

Kimberley x

Guest Guest75

I'm glad you had Lisa have a peek :-)

If I'd have known I could have called as well,we have been in and out of the Seaford and Moana a lot recently.

Brave move but we can understand.

I did reply to your post in "Custard Court" as well .............. but I'll come clean here.

We also did something similar /dramatic/perhaps foolish.

The house we have lived in for 7 years has been wonderful,best thing we ever did.It fits all that we need.

Guess what??

We actually bought it after seeing it on a reccie trip - we had NOT HAD OUR VISA'S APPROVED!!

It took us a further two years to actually get into the house as we had "fun" selling up and with the taxman <spit> in the UK.

I think we used up all of our luck in that moment,perhaps it was meant to be???

I'll still advise caution for most people - we are a bit mad but enjoy the rollercoaster of our lives ;-) (oooh - look - "hand made " smileys)

Our very best wishes to you in your new life and home!!!

Guest Kiki

Hi There

Your house is fab. :D I looked at that exact house last week and called my hubby from downstairs. Its exactly what we would want. I am so jealous.!!!

;)Can I ask how you went about doing a purchase on line have you sold up in England etc. We arent looking to move until end of 08 but would be interested in how its done.

As Im new to this site also can I ask when you are going to Adelaide.:confused:

Sorry if I appear nosy just interested.

Kind Regards

Kimberley. x

Hi Kiki

Im glad you like it......It was really easily buying from over here, we'd sold our house january and been renting since then...we had a mortgage offer sorted by a broker in Sydney (which another member on here recommend 'DAMMS')...then I just called the Estate agent and put in an offer. We sent the deposit over with moneycorp, signed contracts and thats it basically.

Mind you, have been in a hell of a state the last few weeks...staying up late speaking to agents, getting up early to speak to conveyancers etc.... and all the excitement....its taken its toll...havent ate properly for weeks!

Its all settled down now and thats when I thought Id let you all know.

Estate agent has been great - he got his wife to pick up an IKEA catalogue for me and has posted to me (hasnt arrived yet, cant wait to start visulising new stuff in the rooms)

We are flying out on 15th august and getting there on 21staugust, having a short break in singapore.

Sarahx

ps. Will def change the pictures in the lounge...how naff?

Guest stufi1997

WOW, you guy's rock. i must admit i've looked at loads of real estate on the net and i get quite excited , usually falling in love with something everytime. i just always wonder if there are better deals and more to see once you are there, or if the prices are so so . we expect to have 80 odd grand to put towards something but don't want to get to much in dept so something modest with 3 rooms a garage a pool a jaccuzzi a couple of liv in kylies.. you know on those lines.

anyway fantastic guys!

Guest Jackie of Sandy

Hey I'm from Bedfordshire, Sandy where are you from, we have lived in OZ for 36yrs, infact we became citizens Tuesday this week.

Guest Jane & Craig

Hi Sarah,

The house looks fantastic! Can I ask can you only buy once you have the visa. We've been kicking the idea around of buying to save on the rent, but we've only just sent the main application off.

Also, is it the same as in England? Can you make offers on houses, sorry I'm not asking how much you paid, I just wondered if your were a cash buyer with nothing to sell would it put you in a strong position to negociate?

Good luck with the move!

Jane & Craig

Hey I'm from Bedfordshire, Sandy where are you from, we have lived in OZ for 36yrs, infact we became citizens Tuesday this week.

Congratulations! I'm from Luton (for my sins), getting Oz citizenship this August. I've been here ofr 5 years. Hubby is from Pulloxhill, he's been here for 12 years.

Guest RandC

WOW Sarh, that's amazing news! I'm sure it will make it easier to visualise where you will be - I PM'd you last week btw but don't think you got it - have just sent another one on this new site having finally found the PM thingy (what a techy - not!) House looks looooovely

Cari x :D

Guest theshearers

Wow Sarah, what a beautiful house. At least you will be "at home" as soon as you get there. Hopefully this may make the settling in process a bit easier.

Glad you had the guts to go ahead and buy before you get there. Its something we have been thinking about too so hopefully we'll find something as good as you have.

Well done

Vicki x :)