not 1 but 2 redbacks!!!

Guest katsmajic

Guest katsmajic

:shocked: As the title says....

ive now had to kill 2 redbacks this week!!!:err:

One in rocks where i was gardening and todays big fat beastie was sat inside my recycle bin...i lifted the lid to chuck in newspapers and it was sat there on the underneath of the lid about 3inches from my hand!

Horrified as i sent Maggie out there yesterday with some jars....

Been and bought some spray and am going to smoother the house/bins etc tomorrow!

One in rocks where i was gardening and todays big fat beastie was sat inside my recycle bin...i lifted the lid to chuck in newspapers and it was sat there on the underneath of the lid about 3inches from my hand!

Been and bought some spray and am going to smoother the house/bins etc tomorrow!

Weve encountered a few beasties latley too, 3 huntsmen....left them alone, chucked one out of the house, 2 redbacks live in our water recycling enviro box along with a beautiful blue tongue lizard, i think he is good for eating the cockroaches and snails, he sure looks well fed.Thought the kids might be scared of the insects but niether take any notice at all and are always in the garden, up trees and in bushes.:)

My motto is if its outside it lives, if its in the house its time is up!

Simon.

dare i say it...not come across any spiders just flying things lol . I went to bunnings and there were so many sprays i collared an aussie couple and asked them, "what will guarantee death to all spiders in a 6 mile radius of patio doors" lol, think they felt sorry for me been british and not used to deadly bugs so pointed me in right direction:biglaugh:. I have now sprayed the life out of my doors and windows :biglaugh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Forget spiders yesterday morning had a bl**dy great roo bouncing around the garden, bounced straight into my neighbours patio door, smashed it to pieces and calmly hopped off,

Guzzler

Forget spiders yesterday morning had a bl**dy great roo bouncing around the garden, bounced straight into my neighbours patio door, smashed it to pieces and calmly hopped off,

Guzzler

Its the same here, but we call them teenagers... :biglaugh:

Tell me about it. I thought it was a big slug when I saw it at first and I thought, how did that thing get in here.

Cockroaches - well, they are as big as terradactils over here. :goofy:

OK well not quite, but they are big little buggers.

We've sprayed round the house inside and out as well. Maybe get hubby to do it again today.

Oh, no, not spiders!! :shocked: Saw piccies of huntsmen......big, scary, but unable to creep up on you i expect!

Don't stand on the roaches, the eggs get everywhere!!!!

Lizards? Fabulouso; my Esther will be well impressed, she loves them.

Its okay,

Don't panic about the spiders, the sprays you buy really do their job. im hoping that you can buy them in england, as the spiders i get in my cottage Sept onwards have been massive. LOL

I have seen 2 redbacks and 2 huntsman spiders since Nov 07.

I have seen bigger spiders at home.

Lauraxxx

That's not all .... I woke up to a cockroach starring at me in the lounge this morning. It looked dead. I got the spray and sprayed it. It didn't move. I got a tissue to remove it and then it started wriggling it's legs. It was horrible. :arghh:

whatever u do dont squash em, they casrry their eggs underneath so if u sdtand on them it realeases the eegs :goofy:

Guest katsmajic

It gets worse..................

I popped in to the shed and noticed a newish and full looking web along the doorframe, so i looked closely and saw another huge redback - ok huge for a redback is like a 5c piece and scarily this one didnt have red on it - but i assure you it was most definately a redback - they are very distinctive!

I shot out and grabbed one of Sebs 'works of art/lumps of wood' from kindy and splatted the spider - and loads of tiny babies ran all over the place - one even got up my arm :arghh::arghh: was only size of * but boy did i shake it off n splat it fast.

Ive since been out there and sprayed it all. ewwweeee

Also found out yesterday that Huntsmen play dead, whacked one off the patio yesterday and it curled up in a ball, looking quite dead, so i lobbed it in the bin and 10 mins later it was up and walking again.....it was a bloody good actor i tell you.

I am also sporting a number of mozzie bites today after sitting outside at dusk yesterday, the wine must have numbed my senses, i didn't feel a thing.

Simon( itching all over):biglaugh: