Half Way House

Guest Django

Well we left our family behind and I must say it was harder than I had ever imagined it to be. Even my sister that I don't see that often I found it hard to say goodbye to.

Tracey found it really tough saying goodbye to her mum and brother and to be honest I put on a brave smile but had a gut wrench to end all gut wrenches going on inside as we walked through into departures.

So here we are in Singapore with only a few hours before we do the second bit. Looking forward and trying to be positive despite the hardships of Heathrow.

I would strongly advise not to have a farewell commitee at the airport as it is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Pete

Well you've done the worst part, hopefully it will be upwards from here. It's definitely Spring here. Don't rush around when you get here, take some time out to take in the place, because before you know it Tracey will be at work, the kids will be at school, and life with all its washing, cooking and cleaning will go on. Unfortunately we are due some cold weather Friday, but it might just be over night. Anyways the sun is never far away at this time of year. Enjoy your flight to here and what Singapore airport has to offer :D.

Rach

Wow - that must have been extremely hard indeed. Especially with 4 children to try and keep positive and save face in front of. Hope you're now safely in Aus, in the sun, and stating your new life. We're coming out Oct 23 for 3 weeks, would love to catch up at some point if you're free :)

well done with getting on your way down under!!!

take a deep breath and look forward towards your new 'adventure'!!

gosh, you have to tell us how the flight was with the kids!? dreading that one a bit :goofy:

stay in touch and let us know where you'll settle down!!

good luck!!!

Well we left our family behind and I must say it was harder than I had ever imagined it to be. Even my sister that I don't see that often I found it hard to say goodbye to.

Tracey found it really tough saying goodbye to her mum and brother and to be honest I put on a brave smile but had a gut wrench to end all gut wrenches going on inside as we walked through into departures.

So here we are in Singapore with only a few hours before we do the second bit. Looking forward and trying to be positive despite the hardships of Heathrow.

I would strongly advise not to have a farewell commitee at the airport as it is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Pete

Well done for getting through the worse bit of the process, its so hard i never intend to go through it again!!

welcome to the sunny side guys, looking forward to seeing you all:notworthy:

Guest jill wright

Hi Pete ,Tracey and family

So good to hear from you ,you brave lot thats probably the worst bit over i hope!! Good luck and try to work through the tiredness etc which will prob overcome you with such a young family. Stay positive and keep us posted

All the best Jillx

Guest bev_stef

Hi Pete and Tracey

Can't believe you're on your way over there, haven't checked in for so long. The goodbyes must have been agonising, I can only imagine at the moment. Glad you got to singapore okay, hope the kids slept some of the way for you. Good luck with the next leg, although you may already be there!

Good luck and look forward to reading your first thread when you're all settled in. Enjoy your new life, we hope to join you next year.

Take care

Bev

Pete and family,

I wish you all the very best in your new life. I know how hard it is and saying those goodbyes - oh my god, those memories will stay with me a long time. But hey, even Miss Negative here is starting to feel much more positive now. It's not half bad here you know!

I hope you settle in quickly and that normal service is resumed as soon as possible...

Enjoy.

Cazzie x

Pete and family,

I wish you all the very best in your new life. I know how hard it is and saying those goodbyes - oh my god, those memories will stay with me a long time. But hey, even Miss Negative here is starting to feel much more positive now. It's not half bad here you know!

I hope you settle in quickly and that normal service is resumed as soon as possible...

Enjoy.

Cazzie x

Without hijacking the thread for Pete and the Gangs arrival (have seen from the roof where im working their plane on the tarmac safe and well!) just like to say how good it is to read your post Cazzie. I know you have found it hard and what you have given up to be here with Bill but great to see you getting on so well. Well done

Without hijacking the thread for Pete and the Gangs arrival (have seen from the roof where im working their plane on the tarmac safe and well!) just like to say how good it is to read your post Cazzie. I know you have found it hard and what you have given up to be here with Bill but great to see you getting on so well. Well done

Thank you very much. Things ARE getting better and I am beginning to like it here. As for what Pete posted, I honestly don't know how people manage to say goodbye at the airport - I would have found that impossible. Hope to meet up with you all soon.

We to can relate to what Pete said about goodbyes at the airport. Must have been the worst day of our life! Having to physically drag our eldest into the airport was the worst thing i have ever done and then looking round to see family walking away with tears flowing.

But believe me it does get easier, you get here with so much to do, time goes so quick, you chat back to folks back in uk Via Skype, the sun shines here and you do a few trips out as a family and things seem so far away from the airport and the goodbyes.

Guest katsmajic

We did our goodbyes the weekend and day before we flew, spent the night in a hotel in london for our last night. No way could i have done goodbyes at airport - taking my mum to adelaide airport was awful after her holiday here.

Welcome to Adelaide Pete and family, the sun is shining for you.

Hope you find your feet and settle in quickly.

Kat xxxx