In Shock!!

Guest deborah

Got an e.mail today to say that the 175 visa had been granted!!

Only applied on 8.5.8 so that is around 4 months!!

Wasn't really expecting it to be that quick!

We lodged on line and scanned all documents in so i am not sure if it was quick as all the information was available to them.

Never had a case officer contact us although her name is on the information.

They asked for police checks and meds straight away but meds were only finalised a couple of weeks ago due to a delay this end.

Need to validate by 20.5.09.

I would just like to say how straight forward it was to lodge online and I did my own skills assessment. I appreciate that this isn't always the case for everyone.

Need to make the descision now whether to reccie or not but at least we can start applying for jobs.

If any one knows of best agencies for enginnering and allied health jobs let me know.

See you soon.

Debs:wubclub:

Congratulations Debs. That is great news. I bet you are thrilled. Can't believe your application was processed so quickly. Good luck with organising everything. When are you planning to go?

Can I ask how did you download your forms for medicals and police checks. Do they contact you to ask you to go ahead and get them done. The only reason I ask is that we elodged our application online on 23.7.08 and have heard nothing as yet. We were unable to download the application forms at the end of the online application as it asked us to do. The police checks information said that we should forward this form 28 days after applying online but as we couldn't download, we have been unable to do this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Alison x

Congratulations Debs. That is great news. I bet you are thrilled. Can't believe your application was processed so quickly. Good luck with organising everything. When are you planning to go?

Can I ask how did you download your forms for medicals and police checks. Do they contact you to ask you to go ahead and get them done. The only reason I ask is that we elodged our application online on 23.7.08 and have heard nothing as yet. We were unable to download the application forms at the end of the online application as it asked us to do. The police checks information said that we should forward this form 28 days after applying online but as we couldn't download, we have been unable to do this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Alison x

Hi Alison,

I will get my OH to respond to this question as he is the computer guru!

Debs

Congratulations Debs

We submitted ours online and were requested to get our meds and police checks done straight away, so fingers, toes, everything crossed that ours is as quick.

Howard :)

Thanks guys lets hope so too.

I am still in shock.

Haven't told anyone (apart from the whole of PIA)

Daren't tell parents!!

Debs

We didn't tell our boys until we knew that they had to go for the medicals!

Luckily they were both over the moon at the news and can't wait to get out there.

Told our famillies a week after that and have not had any negativity, just encouragement.

Good luck telling your parents. I'm sure they will be fine.

Howard

Alison x

When you get to the end of the on-line visa process and make your payment, you should have been sent a confirmation e-mail.

In this e-mail it will give you information on how to check the progress of your on-line application.

There is also a link to how to add/send information. When you go to this section, you will see a list of all the applicants and the documentation required for each.

Under the Police check and Medical headings you should see links to additional pages were you will find more information and another link to download the required documents.

It is important that you do this for EVERY applicant, as the downloaded forms have some of the applicants information pre-printed on it already. [Name/Passport No./Visa application No.].

All you do then is, print them out, fill them in and send the Police check to the Police and take your Med's form with you to your X-Ray/Medical. The Doctor has to forward these forms for you.

All the other information required, you need to COLOUR scan then up-load to their site.

We did not send anything in the post, even our passport photo's were scanned and up-loaded!

Any information/forms/evidence you want to send try and get documents with colour on, as scanned images of these will be accepted as a 'true copy' of the document.

If you only have B&W then you might have to get it signed/stamped by a solicitor to say that it is a 'true copy' and that you are the person described in the document.

I seem to remember everything we sent was colour.

The upload site can be a bit painfully slow at times and more that once, after spending 30mins uploading doc's the site would freeze and I would have to do the whole thing again. I ended up doing just one or two doc's per session.

TIP: I created two folders on my PC Doc's that I had scanned and Doc's that had been up-loaded. This way I could have an evening scanning, then spend the odd ten Min's here and there up-loading the files. then moving them over to the done folder!

Good Luck.

When you get to the end of the on-line visa process and make your payment, you should have been sent a confirmation e-mail.

In this e-mail it will give you information on how to check the progress of your on-line application.

There is also a link to how to add/send information. When you go to this section, you will see a list of all the applicants and the documentation required for each.

Under the Police check and Medical headings you should see links to additional pages were you will find more information and another link to download the required documents.

It is important that you do this for EVERY applicant, as the downloaded forms have some of the applicants information pre-printed on it already. [Name/Passport No./Visa application No.].

All you do then is, print them out, fill them in and send the Police check to the Police and take your Med's form with you to your X-Ray/Medical. The Doctor has to forward these forms for you.

All the other information required, you need to COLOUR scan then up-load to their site.

We did not send anything in the post, even our passport photo's were scanned and up-loaded!

Any information/forms/evidence you want to send try and get documents with colour on, as scanned images of these will be accepted as a 'true copy' of the document.

If you only have B&W then you might have to get it signed/stamped by a solicitor to say that it is a 'true copy' and that you are the person described in the document.

I seem to remember everything we sent was colour.

The upload site can be a bit painfully slow at times and more that once, after spending 30mins uploading doc's the site would freeze and I would have to do the whole thing again. I ended up doing just one or two doc's per session.

TIP: I created two folders on my PC Doc's that I had scanned and Doc's that had been up-loaded. This way I could have an evening scanning, then spend the odd ten Min's here and there up-loading the files. then moving them over to the done folder!

Good Luck.

Hi Debs and OH (sorry don't know your name

Thanks for your response. We have checked our email confirmation and there are no links within this to take us to the medical and police check forms to download. However, I have checked the online visa application status where you put in your TRN Ref No. and passport number and the police check and medical headings are there together with the necessary links to the relevant forms. Unfortunately, I am unable to download the forms when I click on these. Do you know if access is only available to these forms once the status of the other documents has changed to "received". I am getting a little concerned as the Police Check information states that this should be completed 28 days after initial lodgement. Can anybody help please?

Good luck with everything.

Thanks

Alison x

I can't remember what format the files are, but I'm sure they were 'Adobe'.

(I will have a look later for you, as long as our access is still live!)

Have you got Adobe Reader on your PC?

Also, your PC security/firewall may be stopping you download these files.

Are you getting a warning popping up at the top of the screen?

Have a look at the settings and perhaps set them lower before trying the document links.

Finally, you may have to press and hold the [Ctrl] key while you click on the link, as this is dependant on your computer settings.

Good luck.

Robert (Deborah's OH)

Wow how did I miss this thread??:shocked:

Mega congratulations on the golden ticket. Now get back to the organising and get the container, flights and everything else sorted. Make the most of things over there I had things I wanted to do before I came out but didn't really have the time to do them and now I'm here I doubt I ever will.

Good luck on the journey over

Pete

Hi Debs and OH (sorry don't know your name

Thanks for your response. We have checked our email confirmation and there are no links within this to take us to the medical and police check forms to download. However, I have checked the online visa application status where you put in your TRN Ref No. and passport number and the police check and medical headings are there together with the necessary links to the relevant forms. Unfortunately, I am unable to download the forms when I click on these. Do you know if access is only available to these forms once the status of the other documents has changed to "received". I am getting a little concerned as the Police Check information states that this should be completed 28 days after initial lodgement. Can anybody help please?

You are in the rights section of their website, I have had a quick check.

You will need Adobe Reader to view the documents, there is a link at the top of the download page.

As soon as we had completed our payment, these forms links became active.

We also had the statement about 28 days, thats why we sent everything straight away.

We actually had our medicals on the 10th of June, but had to wait 6 weeks to get some test results back before they were sent.

Who knows, the visa might have come even quicker.!?

Could anyone tell me, my OH and myself are foster carers, will the medicals and police checks we had to do for this be enough for immagration or are there different sorts. I only ask as when i worked with the elderly and then changed over to work with children i had to re apply for a CRB and they said it was because there are different ones for different jobs.

Thanks

Terjo

Could anyone tell me, my OH and myself are foster carers, will the medicals and police checks we had to do for this be enough for immigration or are there different sorts. I only ask as when i worked with the elderly and then changed over to work with children i had to re apply for a CRB and they said it was because there are different ones for different jobs.

Thanks

Terjo

Yes, you will need to re do the Police checks and Med's, as the date that they are done are the dates they use to determine your 'last date of entry' for your visa.

(1 year from whatever one you have done earliest!)

Our Police check was done on 20th May 08, hence the last day that we can use our visa is 20th May 09.

Yes, you will need to re do the Police checks and Med's, as the date that they are done are the dates they use to determine your 'last date of entry' for your visa.

(1 year from whatever one you have done earliest!)

Our Police check was done on 20th May 08, hence the last day that we can use our visa is 20th May 09.

Thank you for that and by the way a huge congratulations i am really excited for you.:jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skellysgirl

congrats deb im quite jealous,

i am also doing it myself, online, going on a 475 im just waiting for sa sponsorship to finalise and i am getting prepared for the visa

can you tell me what docs they wanted online

Thanx lou