Qantas A380

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest katsmajic

Martin has his little swot plane spotters pack at the ready :biglaugh:

He investigated before and was told the A380 couldnt land here, was told Glenelg would be lost under a massive cloud of dust - could be interesting!!!

Those in Glenelg - batton down the hatches!!!

The A380 flew over the wirral show this year; it's huge!!!!

traffic stopped; people stopped; all eyes skyward...............even the WoW players at the Oh's barbeque stopped talking long enough to be in awe:biglaugh:.

I have to say, it was very impressive, go stand on one of those gorgeous beaches and be prepared to have your chin in the sand.

Not sure if bobble hats, anoraks or notepads are compulsory there; please say no, i have sent ours to the charity shop:goofy:

Before going on the 380 I would have been excited at this as it seemed fascinating the size of it. However spending 13 hours on one it would now bring back bad memories. Have done the flight five times and the one on the 380 was the worst ever - no room at all and you couldn't walk around! Couldn't even watch the tv as the screen was too big/close. My legs took days to recover :arghh:

Good idea to put thread on though as hadn't seen it anywhere.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
We watched it fly in to Adelaide from Glenelg beach. To be honest, it didn't seem any bigger than the others apart from it being a double decker. It was very quiet.

A little disappointed but it was nice to get out and about on such a beautiful day!

:wubclub:

Michelle you may be a due a visit too the opticians;);),

Guzzler

Guest motlyman

We went to see it at the airport and couldnt believe the amount of people there.

Tapleys hill rd came to a grinding halt, cars were double parked and the place was heaving with people.

An immpresive sight when the 380 came in though, it was huge.

Colin

Having arrived back in Adelaide this morning, on our 21st trip between UK - London etc, travelling on a Singapore A380 from London to Singapore, I would say that the flight was excellent. We enjoyed the entertainment system, finding that the larger screen was first rate, and the sound even better. The second leg from Singapore to Adelaide was on a Boeing 777/200 and seemed very cramped and outdated.

We were travelling upstairs in the economy section, and found the noise levels were a vast improvement on our earlier flights on a range of different aircraft, but would say that that the overhead lockers were quite small, presumably because of the shape of the fuselage, and it was quite a task to fit all of the bags in.

We flew on the A380 from Heathrow to Singapore and i have to say it was the best flight i have ever made.

We had 4 kids in tow and they never moaned about being bored.

Went to see it at Adelaide it was awesome deadly silent on take off you wouldnt know it had taken off, as for the size it is alot bigger than other planes not so much the lenght but the height and width.