Urgent help needed??

Guest Trakki

I have picked up my uniform for work and the trousers are about 10ft too long!!:err:! I only have a small travel sewing kit with me and am useless at sewing so was wondering if there was anyone on here that could help me out? I can't work with them so long, not good to see your nurse constantly tripping over!!!!:goofy:

thanks in advance:notworthy:

Hiya

Have you considered Wonder Web, i know its not ideal but it does work. I got some ffom Big W, it only costs a few dollars and there is no chance of pricking youself.

Good luck with your new job.

Trisha

I have picked up my uniform for work and the trousers are about 10ft too long!!:err:! I only have a small travel sewing kit with me and am useless at sewing so was wondering if there was anyone on here that could help me out? I can't work with them so long, not good to see your nurse constantly tripping over!!!!:goofy:

What is it with the nurses trousers, my wifes were about 2 foot to long........i do beleive she also went down the...'chop em and wonderweb route,

Si,:)

Hi Tracy,

Rachel brought some trousers in Rundall Mall, needed them adjusted so went into one of the arcades of Rundal Mall and went into a tailors. 10 mins later all done for $12.

There are lots of places like it that can do them.

Good luck in your new job

The place in the Colonades charges $20, go in try them on and they will pin them up and you can collect them about an hour later.

Mine were also 2 ft too long - Myself and Clare (ozzieclare2be) have to buy our work trousers from the approved supplier (Oh the joy of working in a private hospital). The trousers wer $83!!! I kid you not (wouldn't pay that for a pair to go out in), cost me over $200 for a pair of trousers and two tops and you have to pay up front and then have to pay $20 to have them shortened:arghh: Wouldn't dare cut em and wonder web em incase I cocked up!

Lindsey

Thanks everyone, think I will go to Colonnades and get it done. I have wonder webbed Jacks school trousers in the UK and it is a pig to get level and then falls down after a few washes. Thanks again :wubclub: