I am back.......

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Guest sarahsmartiepants

from a fantastic holiday in Cairns. Now just to work out how to live there for part of the year!!!:err:

I would like to go there for a long holiday to see what it would be like to live there.

It seems a very "happy" place due to the amouunt of holiday makers and backpackers.

We did white water rafting, scuba diving on the reef and hired a fishing boat for fishing in the estuary.

If anyone is going and needs some recommendations ask away

sarah

Guest Blackcat

Hi Sarah

Was pleased to hear you liked it as we are going on Sunday for the first time on holiday for a week - can't wait! Did you go to Green Island and to the rain forest? Is Cairns itself nice? Thanks, Gina

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Sarah

Was pleased to hear you liked it as we are going on Sunday for the first time on holiday for a week - can't wait! Did you go to Green Island and to the rain forest? Is Cairns itself nice? Thanks, Gina

Hi Gina, Cairns is really great, I looved it and could have stayed for a VERY long time!!!!

We snorkeled and scuba dived with a company called Seastar, they were fantastic, and we got quite a personnal service as there were onlyabout 30 people on the boat, we were really looked after. I wouldnt go to Green Island agian (we went years ago) it is very touristy and I didnt think ther was much to see there. We went to a reef called Hastings and a sand island called Michealmas cay, although the other boats go there, ours gets there first. We didnt go to the rain forest, but we did do white water rafting for the day. I was terrified but it was great fun in the end, well wotht it. If you want any web sites for the thinngs we did pm me and I will give you more details

Hope you have fun

sarah

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Glad you had a good time :)

Where did you stay in the end?

Lea

WE stayed in the Coral Towers apartments, they were really nice apartments, but a bit far along the esplanade for mu liking, it was a good half hour walk. If you have a hire car then they were OK.

sarah

Guest sarahsmartiepants
You can't move there, it would cost be a fortune each month to fly over and have my hair done! :P

Honestly some people can be so selfish! ;);)

Judi x

You could always stay for the night and go home with a bit of a tan too!!!:biglaugh:

Guest motlyman

We went to Michelmas cay on the Ocean spirit it was awesome. Did a try dive, some went snorkling. Food great, music on deck on the way back.

Also a must do is the vintage train and cable car over the kuranda rain forest.

At the bottom is an aboriginal centre also a must see.

Colin