First of all Poms In Adelaide has been a fantastic site for us, learning so much for what to do or what not to do, places to go, jobs, travel, etc, thank you for all the tips.:)
We are starting to think though that fate is playing a part in our attempt to move to our dream destination, it,s so frustrating .
First, Huge decision to for us to make, timing the move arround Chris(16) and Kirsty(15) education, no problems .
Got ourselves an agent, thought was very helpful, told us we could go out through myself on pathway D, gathered all information required, (lots of it), paid fees only to be told once they had our money pathway D was shut temporarily, and will have to wait until reopen. 3 months later and a number of phone calls later we asked why we couldnt go through Lynn,s skills as she has nvq level 4 in preschool, told we could and would have to start all over. They had this information before we started , so why did they not tell us this would be the more chance route. Paid monies again (lost out on about £600). We got over this hurdle and back on track on visa 175 all ok with skill application and now waiting since April for visas.
During our wait, uk has gone crazy with credit crunch in the headlines every day, so as watching our house lose value by the second. When we first decided to go we done our sums and worked out our plan for buying a resonably priced house once we get to Adelaide, now we find out prices of houses are rocketing in Adelaide, so it looks like our dream 4 bed house will be a shed.
I had my business valued a month ago, but it wouldnt be worth alot if i cannot sell it , i can see the work load slowing up because of the credit crunch taking hold, so it lots unlikely we will get the funds we hoped for from that area.
Is this fate or is it just bad timing to try to move to Australia, and does anyone else have as many hurdles, we knew this wasnt going to easy but give us a break please...
Look forward to any responses on this sad excuse of a post