Put my House up for Sale

Guest happy-jools

Guest happy-jools

:rolleyes:

Well weve passed TRA, then received SA Sponsorship two weeks ago. And well weve now decided to put the house up for sale.

Board up, and its quite scary.

Still havnt had the medicals - thinking about front loading and getting them done in a month.

Anyway hope the house sells, as we will be in a great position to get to Auz as soon as the Visa comes.

Hope Im not tempting fate, but hey life is one big risk, and were taking it!!!

:eek:

Guest ali@51

Hi Julia

just wanted to say good luck with the house sale. We have had our on the market since Jan as we were originaly planing to move to leeds. Not mch of a change in destination :D:D. However we havent had much intrest. Good luck with yours though and if you know anyone who fancys a 4 bed detatched with study conservetory and viws over open football fields in winsfrd feel free to point them in our direction.........

ali

Guest stufi1997

Good luck jool's, your really brave though chicken .have you got the go yet or something or are you really certain that your there? i ain't doin nothin till i know.!

Guest happy-jools

Hi Stu & Fiona.

Dont have the go. As you may notice from timelines. But want to be there asap and figured if house sells we will rent, then have good references to take with us to Auz. Life is one big gamble and were in it for the ride of our lives. xx

Guest Guest75

Fingers crossed for you.

Life is a gamble so why not?

Selling the house seems to be one of the things that does slow the move down :)

Guest graandjac

;)after listening to the radio today you might just be doing the best thing,there is a possable crash on the way in the housing market,which has made me think about getting the house on the market sooner rather than later,have forms 47 and 80 in hand which our agent has already filled in just need to check. Then they are off ,then its just the big wait i guess,need to get a move on to catch up with you guys with regards that bet!!!!!!! not forgotten hope all is well, Cheers Gra and Jac:D

Julia...go for it.

We did the virtually the same as you, only put the house on the market when we just applied for the vetasses assesments.

We sold our house and moved into rented before we had the medicals and the visa! But, now we have the visa, we are in a great position of being able to go when we are ready (august)

For us, the risk was worth taking.....the very very worst that could happen, is we didnt get the visa, then we would just have to buy another house!

You have the sponsorhip, which is fab, we were told from our agents, that unless you had a real serious illness (have TB or HIV) then medicals should be fine.

She who dares. Wins.

sarahx

Guest Kiki

Hi Julia,

We are in the same mindset as yourselves. You really have to live for today. Our last house took 9 months to sell. When are you wanting to be in OZ??. For us we have decided Sept next Year for us to Validate then I stay with kids and OH comes back to UK till Dec. Then joins us. I will keep everything crossed for you. Are you in the ECHO tonight ??

Kimberley x

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Julia

Goood luck with the house sale - let's hope it all goes smoothly for you. We are in the same boat. Selling before visa is granted and then renting until we go. Just want to be in the best possible position to go asap.

Good luck.

Deena:D

Guest Doodle

Hi

We did a Simular thing, we had just sent off our visa and decided to put the house on the market, it sold 3 months later! We have only just gone for our medicals, 4 months after we moved out of the house.

We decided to sell the house first so that we could be in a position to go when we wanted.

We were also scared and when all our house was packed up it was a bit worrying, but we know that one way or the other it will all be worth it in the end....

Deb n Daz

:D