We fly out NO VISA though in a week!!!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Thanks Guys for all your chats,advice and support.....we took a huge gamble and booked the flights for Monday 13th October (just a week to go)!

The gamble did not go in our favour BUT at least we tried!

so no matter what we will be "THE CUNNAH FAMILY of 6" getting on that plane from Manchester heading for Adelaide BUT sadly with NO VISA!

Plan B it will have to be .....We go on a last minute ETA visa to enter Australia and when eventually they agree to grant our 475 visa (lodged December 07)we will have to go as a family to New Zealand for a week to have the "golden ticket" stamped in our passports out of Australia!

But until that happens we can NOT work!!!!

Watch this space guys and we will be back on once our Computer arrives (getting taken away to be shipped off tomorrow)

We will be arriving with just 6 suitcases now and our Computer will follow with a small crate of personel belongings whenever!

Good luck to everybody like us still waiting for that visa!

Gill

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi Gill,

Good luck with everything and have a great journey.

We will be arriving in Adelaide in less than 6 weeks time, hope you will have your visa by then.

See you soon for that bottle of wine we have been talking about!!

Ffion x :)

OMG gill

i did not realise you did not have a visa :embarrassed: i am sure that everything will work out just fine for you and your family and thanks for your help with the rentals though i do feel rather guilty now about even asking considering the stress you were probably under worrying about your visa coming through.

all the very best of luck and hope to see you over there soon !

sjs

Guest dempseys

hiya gill,

with your positive attitude everything will be fine, fingers crossed you get the visa soon(just read how long you've been waiting, wot a nightmare!!), anyway ill defo be seeing you and the gang once your settled.

take care

macky, mark and aaron x x x

Guest deanrm

Hi Gill

All the best for your journey, hope it all goes well. I really believe you'll get your visa soon. And if there is anything i can do just let me know.

Trisha x

Guest neilrhian

Hi Guy's good luck to you and have a good flight all will be well with your visa and welcome to the best country in the world Australia.

We have been here for 18 months and would never go back to the uk your new life is a great one it will take a little time to settle but once thats happened you'll love it.

I admire your faith and courage get on the plane and never look back

Cheers

Neil

Guest Django

You go for it girl. I'm sure everyone will muck in to assist in anyway they can. I'm actually blown away by the offers of help and advice we have received since we arrived. This forum and this place is full of fabby people.

Good journey over people. Give us a shout when you get here and if you need anything just ask.

Pete

Guest cunnah10
You go for it girl. I'm sure everyone will muck in to assist in anyway they can. I'm actually blown away by the offers of help and advice we have received since we arrived. This forum and this place is full of fabby people.

Good journey over people. Give us a shout when you get here and if you need anything just ask.

Pete

Cheers Pete and to all you other lovely people!!!

My computer will be taken away in the next few hours BUT i am hoping to keep contact on my Son's laptop!

Thanks for all the advice and support from so many of you....will keep in touch and let you know how our adventure goes!

Guest Lulujim

Hi Gill - Wow, you're so brave. That takes some doing, but you never know it may get here just in the nick of time - and if not - thinkof it as a long holiday. :) Keep us posted, am sure there are lots of us on here thinking about you all x

Well Gill - good luck and hope all goes well, make the most of not working until the 475 comes through. It must be stressful for you but lets hope the 475 ers get moving soon. I will certainly keep you posted when we recieve ours so that it will give you an indication of timings for yours.

Have a good trip:)

Jan

XX

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Gill.

Have you checked that your ETA visa does not knock out your resident visa ???

So far as i understood it through somewhere i was reading that you cannot be on a ETA when you get your resident visa else the ETA cancles it out.

I wonder if anyone else could shed some light on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Matt

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Scouse.

Good to get some elses info on this.

Probally be in the Irish Bar on King william st on the 18-11-08 be good to meet up for a beer of many :)

Good luck to all of you!

Glad things have changed in time for you to be able to do it this way :unsure: Used to be like Cornish says. I was on an ETA for two years - back in May I didn't want to be out of Oz for too long whilst applying for my spousal visa so thought of doing this myself - however was advised that I had to be OFFSHORE when the visa was GRANTED and again to re-enter Oz to activate. I also would have had to wait for a case officer on my spousal visa before I could ask permission to request another ETA in the meantime. Then I looked at the cost of flying to NZ and accommodation so decided it wouldn't cost much more to fly back to the UK - glad I did as the spousal visa took longer than they said so we actually saved in the end as staying with family saved on accommodation costs.

Saying that though I spent it on the cheap clothing and other items in the end back in the UK :biglaugh: (I've still got some items for people that I haven't passed on yet as been busy job hunting and applying for 887):embarrassed: