Emigrate Show at Aintree

Guest Jen & Did

Guest Jen & Did

Just wanted to know if anyone went to the Emigrate Show at Aintree and what they thought. We only managed to catch the last hour on Sunday. What we did see and ask we found it very informative especially the Adelaide section. The book they gave will be of great interest to me to give me an idea of where to live as we are not able to do a reccie. They also gave us the local paper with careers and realestate which gives us an idea of what property prices are currently.

Jen

Guest Drumms

Hiya,

We went with some friends who go out early next year and we follow in 2010. We all thought it was just OK, not that much. We only just managed to get into the SA talk, but the folk on the stand gave us some stuff.

Best person we spoke with was from the recruitment stand - gave us heaps of advice and not just through an agency, but looking for work outside of them.

We also have a very large collection of pens which are now sitting on my coffee table thanks to my OH trying to nab anything that was going free! :goofy:

We went.

There was quite a few interesting companies there.(banks for me)

We have booked for the EXPO 08 at Leeds in two weeks time.

http://www.expo-australia.com/

I went to there show last year in Manchester and was offered a job!

Going back this time with a list of questions.

Its just for OZ and NZ so no Canada and USA

Rob

OMG, I went too.......

already been to an expo, just went with mates moving to NZ........long story, don't ask.

Got the same book too. My issue is..........didnt get to talk to the one person i wanted to....Judy from Home2Home.

Anyhoodles, the book is great; knew some of the areas; now just need info on North Haven............

If anyone saw 2 kids filling bags with stuff from the Canadian stands........moose cuddly toys, i ashamedly admit one of them was mine:p. The little twerp conned 20 of the things for her classmates, hahaha. She loved the US stand, "they gave us sweets"; the best they got from down under- bubbles from ANZ:err:..

Cringeing in reply

Jane

Guest hrubieszowianka

Nothing new to add really: pens, book (great), mousse.

I was nice to talk to a lady from Adelaide, and I loved their stand with big gray picture of England (rain, cold, etc SOD IT) and big blue sky of Adelaide.

I was disappointed there weren't any employement companies. There were banks, but 1 of them I work for and wouldn't learn anything new, second I've got a contact in Adelaide already, but found out they are going through restructure (bad news usually) and the third one gave me a web site address (he was from Woga Woga and very nice indeed).

Overall I think it is for people at the beginning of the process, you could find an agent, removalist, pension adviser, money exchange company, bank - all you need really, but all we've done.

It was amazing to see how many people came, how many want to leave UK.

We went to see my inlaw at the same time and he said something interesting about Australia. He said that in all his travels and living abroad he met plenty of Kiwis, who emigrated, but all Australians were always traveling and always going back home. It is a good indicator then that we are making the right decision.