One extreme to the other!

carryon

Today i am taking my daughter to see Beverley hills chihuahua! Her choice not mine, then in two weeks i'm going to see SLIPKNOT live, talk about from one extreme to the other?

Wonder if i'll be the oldest bloke there? Thats fine , i'll make out i'm the drummers dad!!

Rock n Roll...............

Simon:shocked:

Just to add,

My Nephew's band has been chosen to be the supporting band to Cold play.

I feel really proud of him, he was origionally the chosen drummer for a band called Busted, he turned it down many times after begging him, as it was not his bag.

He then went on to turn down Mcfly and also James from busted own band.

He went on to Uni got a 1st in his degree.

Now backing Coldplay, I really hope his band makes it big.

My other Nephew is the drummer in a great band named The Hitups

check out their website.

Lauraxxxxx

Hi Laura

I love Coldplay! Will check out your nephews band later on this eve. I love all different kinds of music depending what mood I'm in. My brothers a drummer too. He's in two bands at the moment - fireflies and The Akibas. The latter started to do well except the lead singer's just going off to have a baby so slowed things down a bit.

Well done on your nephew's band though supporting Coldplay

Cathy

xx

Guest Guest75
Today i am taking my daughter to see Beverley hills chihuahua! Her choice not mine, then in two weeks i'm going to see SLIPKNOT live, talk about from one extreme to the other?

Wonder if i'll be the oldest bloke there? Thats fine , i'll make out i'm the drummers dad!!

Rock n Roll...............

Simon:shocked:

:biglaugh:

I've got 10 years on you but if Nine Inch Nails or Korn play Adelaide I'll be first in the queue!!!!

Laura, whats the name of your nephews band,? i wouldn,t mind seeing Coldplay myself!

Nice one Tyke! Youve made me feel almost young again.:notworthy:It's odd that younger music fans dont think us oldies can be into modern music, but i always put them straight!!! Anyway 2 members of Slipknot are in there forties, thats why they wear masks, to hide the fact they are a bunch of old geezers:biglaugh:

Simon

Hi Simon,

The band is called Dominoe State,

Im envious of you having the choice to see coldplay, i would love to be there myself.

laura xx

Laura, whats the name of your nephews band,? i wouldn,t mind seeing Coldplay myself!

Nice one Tyke! Youve made me feel almost young again.:notworthy:It's odd that younger music fans dont think us oldies can be into modern music, but i always put them straight!!! Anyway 2 members of Slipknot are in there forties, thats why they wear masks, to hide the fact they are a bunch of old geezers:biglaugh:

Simon

Guest the staffords
Just to add,

My Nephew's band has been chosen to be the supporting band to Cold play.

I feel really proud of him, he was origionally the chosen drummer for a band called Busted, he turned it down many times after begging him, as it was not his bag.

He then went on to turn down Mcfly and also James from busted own band.

He went on to Uni got a 1st in his degree.

Now backing Coldplay, I really hope his band makes it big.

My other Nephew is the drummer in a great band named The Hitups

check out their website.

Lauraxxxxx

i just love all this "name-dropping"...well,beat this anyone!..the teacher in the next classroom to my daughters is...wait for it...captain feather swords mum!!!and...she said "hello" to me once!!

and also i went to school with neil morriseys(bob the builder)brother,and he bought a lambretta off me in 1977...and his mum gave me free fish and chips in the chippie she worked in!!!:swoon:

Im saying this in a no offence taken voice honest.

I wasn't name dropping, just proud that Richard my nephew wasn't at all fazed by fame as he would have joined the other bands mentioned. He was really focused stayed true to himself rather than going for fame.

If I was to name drop, I could mention that his brother is now married to a lovely lady who just happens to be the god daughter of a famous billionaire.

lol

lauraxxxx

i just love all this "name-dropping"...well,beat this anyone!..the teacher in the next classroom to my daughters is...wait for it...captain feather swords mum!!!and...she said "hello" to me once!!

and also i went to school with neil morriseys(bob the builder)brother,and he bought a lambretta off me in 1977...and his mum gave me free fish and chips in the chippie she worked in!!!:swoon:

Guest the staffords
Im saying this in a no offence taken voice honest.

I wasn't name dropping, just proud that Richard my nephew wasn't at all fazed by fame as he would have joined the other bands mentioned. He was really focused stayed true to himself rather than going for fame.

If I was to name drop, I could mention that his brother is now married to a lovely lady who just happens to be the god daughter of a famous billionaire.

lol

lauraxxxx

hi laura..glad no offence taken as none meant...just been waiting for a thread to come along where i could "name drop"..captain feathersword eh!

good luck to the lad,so many people take the money/fame..the greatest footballer ever "STEVE BULL"..got an m.b.e. for staying true and loyal to the Wolves..

regards paul

p.s.your nephew doesnt love that girl..i do ...she was meant to marry me..i would make a far better godson in law.

hi laura..glad no offence taken as none meant...just been waiting for a thread to come along where i could "name drop"..captain feathersword eh!

good luck to the lad,so many people take the money/fame..the greatest footballer ever "STEVE BULL"..got an m.b.e. for staying true and loyal to the Wolves..

regards paul

p.s.your nephew doesnt love that girl..i do ...she was meant to marry me..i would make a far better godson in law.

Paul, when we come and visit you to use your pool really, could you get me captain featherswords autograph please, and mybe the outfit as well, i'm sure Hafwyn would love to see me dressed up like that!!:jimlad:

Splice the mainbrace me heartys!

Simon.

Guest the staffords
Paul, when we come and visit you to use your pool really, could you get me captain featherswords autograph please, and mybe the outfit as well, i'm sure Hafwyn would love to see me dressed up like that!!:jimlad:

Splice the mainbrace me heartys!

Simon.

rofl..:biglaugh: dont think she would care what you were dressed in,as long as you had that "long feathersword"!!!???autograph,no probs,after i got mine....still waiting for jeff to wake up to get the whole team!!

lookin forward to a beer or 20,kids in the pool,women in the kitchen

because they arrrrr:jimlad:

paul

WHO in the name of all that is famous, is CAPTAIN Featherwhatever??? Is he famous???:goofy: Never heard of him/her/it...........Good to knoe the big bands play Adelaide; had visions of the eldest wondering to Sydney or Mel for his concerts..........and not letting me go with him:arghh:

Oooh, can i name drop, please?? My cuz is Nanny Deb from nanny911; she is "big" in the states!

J

Guest the staffords
WHO in the name of all that is famous, is CAPTAIN Featherwhatever??? Is he famous???:goofy: Never heard of him/her/it...........Good to knoe the big bands play Adelaide; had visions of the eldest wondering to Sydney or Mel for his concerts..........and not letting me go with him:arghh:

Oooh, can i name drop, please?? My cuz is Nanny Deb from nanny911; she is "big" in the states!

J

dangermouse..."big in the states"?....im big in adelaide...due to all the beer ive drunk!!!...ok..captain feathersword is in a band called THE WIGGLES..they are bigger than coldplay here.:)

rofl..:biglaugh: dont think she would care what you were dressed in,as long as you had that "long feathersword"!!!???autograph,no probs,after i got mine....still waiting for jeff to wake up to get the whole team!!

lookin forward to a beer or 20,kids in the pool,women in the kitchen

because they arrrrr:jimlad:

paul

Thats a bit sexist Paul ,but i will try and go along with it just for the one day you understand, And we can also show eachother our tattoos? And talk about how stupid we were to get them done in the first place!:nah:

Simon

Guest the staffords
Thats a bit sexist Paul ,but i will try and go along with it just for the one day you understand, And we can also show eachother our tattoos? And talk about how stupid we were to get them done in the first place!:nah:

Simon

hi simon mate...sexist???me??...it might sound that way,but like my old dad used to say"you dont buy a dog,and bark yourself"..we are hunter gatherers,and they cook...simple...lookin forward to swapping tattooo stories,and booking in for the next one...we could have matching butterflies??:goofy:

In ancient times; when "men" lived in caves.........

The "menfolk" would arm themselves with little more than sticks and stones, and hunt savage beasts to feed and clothe themselves, and their family. Risking life and limb, on slaying a beast they would drag it back to the cave.

The WOMENfolk, stayed by the fire; safely away from from dangerous beasties!

They would cook the animal, and share it with the menfolks.........................

AND you lot think you rule the world???

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest the staffords

ooh dangermouse...you want to try driving down main south road every day..just to put a meal on the table...we love you girls that much!!!...any of you guys been in the land of promise?good pub.;)

hi simon mate...sexist???me??...it might sound that way,but like my old dad used to say"you dont buy a dog,and bark yourself"..we are hunter gatherers,and they cook...simple...lookin forward to swapping tattooo stories,and booking in for the next one...we could have matching butterflies??:goofy:

Funny you should mention the Hunter/ gatherer thing, i was just explaining to Hafwynthats why i'm good at darts and she cant hit the bloody board from 3 feet away, back to nature see , it,s like ive got a spear in me hand!

Not to sure about a butterfly tat, i,m thinking more of Tinkerbell with little sparkles shooting from her wand! I think that would sit nicely under my Grim Reaper tattoo!:biglaugh:

Simon.