Boat name competition.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

After months of research and haggling I've finally agreed on a boat.

I just have to finish my seamanship course and get my boat license.

We have a big debate in the Tyke household though.......what to call the new craft??

So........NAME THE BOAT COMPETITION

Now even though Keith's suggestion of "Tyketanic" was funny I think it may not be appropriate.

Not keen on long names as the will be times when I'll have to spell it out phonetically on the radio.

Not keen on my first name going on and the lady Tykes not keen on theirs (there are a lot of Sheila's in Oz anyway)

The lady Tykes are wanting something "nice?" or female.:unsure:...........They have just shouted "Betty" to me (not going with that one)

Ladies also not keen on the Tyke theme following on - which I like the idea of.

So suggestions please - can be weird and wacky.

If you're local - bottle of Shiraz in it for the winner!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest75
Hasn't it already got a name??

Its unlucky to change a craft's name:unsure:So the 'old salts' tell me.:jimlad:

Pete

No name yet as she/he/it? is brand new so we can have a field day.

Just arranging a water test sometime this week so we'll be taking a first trip on the water to see how she/he/it handles:)

Guest Guest75
OOooooooooh fabby :D

Any pikkies to see what she looks like???

Pete

Ill take the camera out on the boat test this week.

She/he/it will look pretty naked as she is factory fresh with numbers names and only basic fitments on.

The manufacturers stock pictures are terrible and really don't give a good impression of the craft.

Ladies also not keen on the Tyke theme following on - which I like the idea of.

So suggestions please - can be weird and wacky.

If you're local - bottle of Shiraz in it for the winner!

Hi,

as a shiraz would go down very well at the moment I thought I would take this competition seriously and do some research, it seems tyke can have 3 meanings below, I have ruled out number 3 but not having met you am not sure if you consider yourself Tyke number 1 or 2, let me know and I will get on with naming your boat for you!:):)

Simon

Noun1.Tyke - a native of Yorkshire English person - a native or inhabitant of England

2.694BC-tyke.giftyke - a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement boor, churl, Goth, tike, barbarian, peasant

disagreeable person, unpleasant person - a person who is not pleasant or agreeable

3.68D35-tyke.giftyke - a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"

Came on here to put a name but Foxychick had beaten me to it!:goofy:

I thought of Olive as well - easy to put across, short, you've got olives and her connection to popeye who also gets well oiled so I hear :biglaugh:

i thought boats normally had girly names anyway. Heres my tuppence worth

tykonda

tykettyboo

branwyn, celtic goddess of love and the sea

latis..celtic goddess of beer and water lol

amphititre...wife of poisidon

wave maiden

the black pearl

black pig

flying dustman (captain pugwash lol)

davy jones lunchbox

barbarossa

cant think of anymore lol :biglaugh:

Quite obviously the best choice then - so I'll share with you!

If we win you can have it - after all you beat me to it - had thought about it since I saw Tykes post took me an hour or two and thought hey I know - went to put it on and you'd got there first! :notworthy::P

Anyway you need any prize more than me as you have little ones :biglaugh:

ps Hope you're well and not kept awake too much by your newest arrival :notworthy:

Guest the staffords

to all you potential migrants...this thread should come as a warning to you all..we are all so broke that we are trying to name a boat,weve never seen,just to try and win a bottle of rioja(i dont even like cheap dutch lager)

times are hard!

Guest the staffords
WET DREAM,

Guzzler

thats def the winner,if i ever had a boat and didnt get sea sick at the boat ramp,thats what i would call it...love it..

p.s. anyone remember the original reggae great record by max romeo..ooooh