Help:re medicals

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

HI ANY ADVICE GREATFUL:arghh:

HAVE MEDICALS ON FRIDAY, HUSBAND HAS SUFFERED FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (SINCE 1993), HE HAS BEEN ON MEDICATION SINCE WE FOUND OUT...

PROBLEM, NOTICED ON MEDICAL FORM, 41 OR OVER B/P 150/90, CHECKED OH'S TO-NIGHT B/P 161/104:shocked:.. WILL WE FAIL THE MEDICAL IF IT'S STILL AS HIGH ON FRIDAY EVEN IF IT'S ME WHO IS THE MAIN VISA APPLICANT?

ANY ADVICE GREATFULLY RECIEVED

Just go back from medicals... Went really 't well, the doctor was lovely..And Darren's B/P...140/89, oh my god waht a relief the doc didn't even mention it!!!! That's it know, just wait for the VISA!!!, hoping to move out of house 31 oct... Getting excited know.

Thanks for all your support

Cara

CARA

Guest Guzzler&Sas

HI Happy Feet

Don't panic and make it worse ...

I am no medical expert and medicals are always stressful. Honesty is the best policy - inform you doctor what meds your OH is on and ask for their advice.

My thoughts on the medicals and the reason the Australian government do them is to find out if you will be a drain on their medical system here and the big ones they are looking for is chest infections/TB .... I think. But things may have changed since then.

Our medicals took for the 4 of us about 3 hours and were very thorough - we then went for the chest x-rays and had to have them re-done because we had bad chesty coughs at the time.

If you are using an agent, why not have a chat with them and see if they can relay your worries?

Good luck

Regs

Sas

xxx

Guest happy feet

Thanks sas,

so many worries with house sale at minute, that even medicals stressing me out, never realised it would all be so stressul??? All i want is to move to oz for better life for us all, like us all!!!

Thanks again for your reply

cara xxx

Guest swampo
HI ANY ADVICE GREATFUL:arghh:

HAVE MEDICALS ON FRIDAY, HUSBAND HAS SUFFERED FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (SINCE 1993), HE HAS BEEN ON MEDICATION SINCE WE FOUND OUT...

PROBLEM, NOTICED ON MEDICAL FORM, 41 OR OVER B/P 150/90, CHECKED OH'S TO-NIGHT B/P 161/104:shocked:.. WILL WE FAIL THE MEDICAL IF IT'S STILL AS HIGH ON FRIDAY EVEN IF IT'S ME WHO IS THE MAIN VISA APPLICANT?

ANY ADVICE GREATFULLY RECIEVED

CARA

Hi Cara,

I also suffer from high blood pressure and am on medication. My first reading was high but then the second one was OK. I took the last 2 years readings from the doctors with me to show that under 'normal circumstances' my BP was OK. I think that if it isn't OK on the day of the meds they will ask you to go back to your doctors and get hubby's BP checked over xxxx days/weeks and then send them the results.

I took some Kalms on the day of the meds to help me chill a little.

Everything will be fine, the meds are no where near a bad as they are made out to be,

Good luck

Guest FlyByNight

We recently had our medicals.........did I say recently? it was August and I was stressing a bit about about being found to be ? diabetic on my army discharge medical (spurios results). Being a nurse, I had fortunately been able to 'self test' my blood sugar and had it verified by my GP.

My GP did me a letter disputing the discharge medical findings, and the Panel Doctor seemed happy with that.

We still await the results from Sydney re. medicals but I agree with Guzzler & SAS - from what I have read, they are more twitchy about serious conditions which will be a drain on their resources. I think if the condition is identified and regular medication has it well controlled you will OK.

We are also stressing about selling our house :nah: so you are in good company.

Guest happy feet

just back from medicals... Went really wellllllll. Darren's B/P - 140/89 Oh my god...just waiting for visa know and hopefully moving out of house 31 oct... Excitment kicking in xxxx

Cara

Hi Cara, I have just signed my contract with the QEH, and waiting for my visa nomination number, then I can apply for the 457 visa. Had medicals done on the 29th August, doctor keeping them until I get my nominaation number (hope he doesn't loose them). House on the market, flights booked for 11th March if not sold house renting. Where are you going to work Cara, have you got a house to sell?

Jo x

Guest happy feet

hi jo

Does the doctor need my nomination no? i did bring it with me but he said he didn't need it!!!!

I have a job at the RAH, i currently work in respiratory medicine!! Yes lots of sputum....

I have sold my house, i think!!! Been upder offer since end of august, but the lady that is buying it is really messing us about, so not sure if she is going to pull out!!!! It's driving me mad. Everything is done apart from that so just waiting for visa, really want to go out in Jan.Haven't booked flights yet just incase house falls through, don't think we can afford to go if house doesn't sell!!! On night shift at mo, really hate night's, my bed is calling!

Take care

Cara

Hi Cara, I was told by O'Grady Peyton that if my medicals were sent without the visa nomination number they would be sent back and I may have to have medical done again, so waiting for the number before sending them off just to make sure no problems, just hoping doctor does not lose them. I am also on nights but tonight is my last one got some annual leave :). Good luck and keep us all informed of your progress and hopefully we can all meet up for a well earned drink next year and laugh about all this stress we have at the moment.

Take care

Jo x

Guest happy feet
Hi Cara, I was told by O'Grady Peyton that if my medicals were sent without the visa nomination number they would be sent back and I may have to have medical done again, so waiting for the number before sending them off just to make sure no problems, just hoping doctor does not lose them. I am also on nights but tonight is my last one got some annual leave :). Good luck and keep us all informed of your progress and hopefully we can all meet up for a well earned drink next year and laugh about all this stress we have at the moment.

Take care

Jo x

Hi Jo

Thanks for that i will ring doc's in the morning and give them my number... 0300hrs last night also, then back on days tues!!!

Take care, def up for afew drinky poos on the other side!!:)

Cara