First bad news from the uk....

scooterdan

Hi All,

Well after being here 6 months we got that first dreaded phone call....My grandma died at 9.20am (uk time) yesterday. It was expected though, so wasnt that shocked.

But it does hit how far we are away. Kind of felt a bit helpless and maybe a bit guilty... No doubt we all thought about these times before you left....but only when it happens do you realise.

Dan and Steph

I'm so so sorry for the loss of your grandma, i cant begin to imagine how you feel especially being so far away. I can imagine the guilt, but being there wouldnt have changed the situation i doubt. It must be incredibly difficult, and im dreading "that" call about anyone in my family especially my dad who isnt in the best of health. Take care and please dont punish yourself x:wubclub:

Guest darren alley
Hi All,

Well after being here 6 months we got that first dreaded phone call....My grandma died at 9.20am (uk time) yesterday. It was expected though, so wasnt that shocked.

But it does hit how far we are away. Kind of felt a bit helpless and maybe a bit guilty... No doubt we all thought about these times before you left....but only when it happens do you realise.

Dan and Steph

Really sorry for your loss.

darren

Guest ReadyPenny

Dan

Sorry to hear your sad news. Can't image how you feel as we are "still here". Imagine I would feel much the same, time will make it easier I'm sure and the first time will no doubt be the hardest.

Take Care

Mandy

Hiya Dan,

So sorry to hear about your Gran. The same thing happened to me when I'd been here 6 months, then a double whammy as my other Gran died a few months later.

Its tough hun but just remember all the good times you had together because they will be in her thoughts too.

I know its hard being so far away but why don't you do something special this end to mark it, it might help with your closure. I'll leave that for you to decide.

Big hugs

Judi xxx

Guest cazzie

Dan

Really sorry to hear about your grandma. I lost my dad three years ago and it's very hard, so I do empathise. Deal with it however you can and at least you can take memories and love with you, wherever you are.

Take care.

Cazzie

Guest Django

Hi Dan,

This is something that we all have signed up for the day we applied for our visas. It is times like this when it hits home just how far away we are from the UK.

Regards

Pete

Guest Tracijbc

Hi Dan and Steph,

So sorry to hear your sad news. As so many others have said, I'm sure your Gran was proud of what you have achieved by making this move. It's something we all dread, losing someone, whether we are here or in the UK. Keep your chin up and know that there are loads of us on here sending our positive thoughts your way.

Traci x