Summer's almost here!

Guest cjdelphi

Guest cjdelphi

It's currently around 30c outside and we're not yet in summer.

In the last few years i've seen it hit 45c here in Adelaide and this one time at band camp.. no wait different story I was a Bouncer outside the Gilbert Street Pub, it just turned midnight and it was about 31c hot humid and sticky with no Air Conditioning and I was stuck outside in a suit sweating my <cough> off.

And once the hot weather starts it drags on for Days and Days with no letup and to be honest this is the only thing that makes gets me depressed and makes me want to leave Adelaide, unlike QueensLand/Tenerife where the Temp is more stable 22 - 35 all year round, Adelaide goes anything between 0c to 48c this is really the only thing that makes me want to move from Adelaide it just gets TOOOO hot.

How's the weather for others who have been here for a few years?..

P.S sorry to any newcomers who've not yet experienced the Summer here, get out the sun tan lotion :) (high UV, very bad for skin here):arghh:

Yep usually though those really hot spells have only lasted a couple of nights and then a cool front comes through. That heatwave we had for 15 days was very unusual. Hottest time is usually jan-Feb, especially just after school goes back. However in all the time I have lived here, we have had cooler summers where most of the time it is around high 20s-30, we have had Christmas where it has been humid with dark heavy cloud building up and everyone waits for it to rain. The summers of my childhood when I first came here are remembered as long and hot, school hols were 8 or 9 weeks long then and when it rained steam would come off the roads. You adapt your lifestyle by going out in the evening when it gets cooler. It is dry and hot here, but bearfable apart from the odd heatwave.

Guest tooeasy

the reason we chose adelaide is because you get seasons not warm all year round it gets a bit chilly in the winter but im still in my shorts great days down the beach its not as busy here in adelaide either not like brisbane more of a country feel and thats what I love about adelaide :)

Guest graandjac

:)As far as temps go in Australia Adelaide has just about the most varied in the whole of the country, Perth doesn't drop below 20deg all year on average , up north has humid sticky for weeks on end ......so the odd week REALLY hot sounds ok to me ,theres no pleasing some people:p