marmite love it or hate it

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

My daughter loves marmite but I don't know if you can get it in Adelaide?

She can't have Vegimite because it has barley in it and she is allergic to that (Coeliac) Disease so can't have gluten)

Natex isn't quite the samt although it is a yeast extract.

Guest deborah

Thanks,

I got worried cos my friend has just taken some out to her friend in Sydney so i assumed you couldn't get it.

This could have been make or break time for my daughter. She already struggles with food that she is not able to eat but the gluten free option seems great in Adelaide.

Debs

My daughter loves marmite but I don't know if you can get it in Adelaide?

She can't have Vegimite because it has barley in it and she is allergic to that (Coeliac) Disease so can't have gluten)

Natex isn't quite the samt although it is a yeast extract.

hi chick im also coeliac and i dont know about marmite (yuk) but if you need any info on GF food here shout up, i know tons of places to eat out and i find it generallly better for us coeliacs here (although i do miss the vast range tescos used to have eg donuts and croissants). One thing i have noticed that most of the crisps are not GF as they were in uk but you can buy them at woolies or coles, anyway let me know if u need any help x

I cant remember exatly where but I have seen a special shop (somewhere in the Southern suburbs) that sells gluten free products. I also have a friend who cant have gluten so I'll pick her brains as to where she shops.

Karen

ooohh i would be interested in this too i know alot of supermarkets sell stuff and health food shops but didnt know there was a special shop :shocked:

We've had this discussion before but you can get Marmite in Coles in the "English" section. The only difference is it's called Our Mate and not Marmite. It's exactly the same product in the same packaging made in the same factory and imported to Australia. It costs about $4.00 I think or thereabouts anyway. If you buy Marmite from the Lolly Shops it will set you back about $9.00!:shocked:

Guest deborah
hi chick im also coeliac and i dont know about marmite (yuk) but if you need any info on GF food here shout up, i know tons of places to eat out and i find it generallly better for us coeliacs here (although i do miss the vast range tescos used to have eg donuts and croissants). One thing i have noticed that most of the crisps are not GF as they were in uk but you can buy them at woolies or coles, anyway let me know if u need any help x

I have noticed that a lot of our chocolate is no longer GF i.e. Cadburys as it gets contaminated on the production line.

I love tesco and sainsburys free from range so we will miss that.

We get stuff on perscritption here like bread and pasta but no such luck over there.

Can you get GF fresh bread and do Juevella and Glutafin have a range out there.

I know that they make the Arnotts GF biscuits in Adelaide (tastes like coconut rings)

We are coming over in April next year so I will catch up with you.

Thanks,

Debs

I have noticed that a lot of our chocolate is no longer GF i.e. Cadburys as it gets contaminated on the production line.

I love tesco and sainsburys free from range so we will miss that.

We get stuff on perscritption here like bread and pasta but no such luck over there.

Can you get GF fresh bread and do Juevella and Glutafin have a range out there.

I know that they make the Arnotts GF biscuits in Adelaide (tastes like coconut rings)

We are coming over in April next year so I will catch up with you.

Thanks,

Debs

not too sure about the cadburys here, it doenst appear to say anything on the label. Having said that i have had stomach probs since been here and they now think im lactose intolerant too:arghh:, already had another scope just in case!!!. Coles and woolies do a range of gf stuff and there is a gf bakers in adleaide, but the supermarkets sell fresh gf bread.

• 2 months later...
Guest Andrew Rose

All the Aussie products are different, even the one called Marmite, and aren't really worth investigating, in my opinion.

You can get 125g jars of Óur Mate' from Foodland at Mitchan Shopping Centre and Foodland at Frewville (Botttom end of Glen Osmond Road, on the left as you head out of town). This is the same stuff as proper Marmite, just a copyright issue. $4.25 a jar.

Help me keep it on the shelves by buying lots!

For all I know it might also be available from other Foodlands run by the Romeo group. I don't think the Drakes Foodlands do it at all though.

Also bigger jars (with the Marmite label) are avilable from 'The Lolly Shop' on Jetty Road Glenelg. Very pricey though.

Took me months to discover these suppliers. Life now back on an even keel!