Phew.... meds done at last

Guest bev_stef

Guest bev_stef

Well, after worrying about them for weeks now, we finally had our x-rays and meds done today. Not half as bad as we were worrying about. Worse part was probably the payment at the end. This is all costing us a fortune, but hopefully its another step closer to that better life on the other side.

Good Luck to all of you still waiting, and don't worry too much about those meds, as they really were okay.

Bev & Stef

Guest familygood

Hi there

Well donen for that! Did you have them done in Exeter or Plymouth? I am guessing we will need to go to the same place. We got our EILTS test result today and got 8.5 so thats a good enough score. We applid to VETASSESS last week too! All go hey?!

Emma

Guest KP Nuts

Well done, another step closer to that visa....... why is it when people say the meds are nothing to worry about, you don't believe them until after the event, we did exactly the same thou..........:biglaugh:

So are you having a drink tonight????

I must admit we are worrying about meds. Been told so many different things that we have to have done. My cousin found out she had cancer the day before our wedding in July and my Aunty had breast cancer last year. Both were perfectly well and it was found by accident! I'm paranoid now worried that I might have something to ruin our chances of a better life. Even been told you have a smear test????? I know Kirsty will have to have a medical now as she is 11. But I will take in what you have said and try not to worry.

Guest The Angus Clan
I must admit we are worrying about meds. Been told so many different things that we have to have done. My cousin found out she had cancer the day before our wedding in July and my Aunty had breast cancer last year. Both were perfectly well and it was found by accident! I'm paranoid now worried that I might have something to ruin our chances of a better life. Even been told you have a smear test????? I know Kirsty will have to have a medical now as she is 11. But I will take in what you have said and try not to worry.

Hi try not to worry about the meds- we did ours last Tuesday and I'm a fine one to talk! My bp was high and its usually ok! Our 3 kids all got meds too- doc was lovely and all 5 of us were done in 1.5 hours! Worst thing is definitely the cost! However, know what you mean about being stressed- it's your whole future hanging in the balance!

good luck when it's your turn! You'll be fine! ( btw no smear tests!!!!)

Marcia

Guest salisbury massive

A smear test - seriously???

Medicals are just money for old rope. As I remember it, we had xrays, the kids didn't if they were under 16.

Then we went to a doctor, who weighed the kids, did their height and a few tap the kness type stuff. Steve and I had a blood test and a few other simple bits and pieces and that was it. Hayley was only 4 weeks old at the time and he just measured her, weighed her and asked if she'd been checked by a pediatrician, I said yes, he said £200 please.

Jo

I think you are right. I should stop worrying if they are just basic 'check ups' I think I am getting in a state about nothing. I think with the cancer things and my cousin just finishing chemo Im just paranoid. Thank you for helping to put my mind at rest.

Guest bev_stef

Hi Emma

Congrats on the IELTS results, Vetassess took about 5 weeks, so shouldn't be too long. We had both our xrays and meds done in Taunton. They took a while, mainly due to the paperwork, but both places were really nice, and with 2 small children, even had stuff to keep them occupied.

Good Luck with the rest of the process.

Bev

Guest bev_stef

Hi KP Nuts

Its true, you never believe others until you've had it done yourselves!!

In answer to your question, OH had a beer, but I stuck to the pepsi, I'm a bit of a light weight with alcohol, and tend to fall asleep, after about half a glass and then wake up witha headache. I am sad!!

Good Luck with your move.

Bev

Guest bev_stef

Hi Ellie

I'm so sorry to hear about your family experiences with cancer, but try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be okay. The meds themselves are very basic, although all your kids will need the full medicals, barring the bloods. Very simple though, checking reflexes, sight, height, weight, BP (not under 11s I believe), breathing. As I say, the worse bit was handing over the cash!! I hope all goes well with your app, and this time next time year, you'll be posting your first thread from downunder.

Good Luck with the rest of the process

Bev

Hi Ellie

I'm so sorry to hear about your family experiences with cancer, but try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be okay. The meds themselves are very basic, although all your kids will need the full medicals, barring the bloods. Very simple though, checking reflexes, sight, height, weight, BP (not under 11s I believe), breathing. As I say, the worse bit was handing over the cash!! I hope all goes well with your app, and this time next time year, you'll be posting your first thread from downunder.

Good Luck with the rest of the process

Bev

Thanks Bev you have really put my mind at rest. How much is everyone paying for meds. I have no idea? There will be me , Max and Kirsty. Luke in Merchant Navy and has visa etc so there just us to think about.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Ellie

We are paying £520 in Manchester for 2 adults and one child.

Adult Medical £115.00 each

Child Medical £ 50.00

Chest Xray £ 70.00 (children aged 11 and over) each

Blood Test £ 29.00 each (adults only) OH needs 2 cos he has a tattoo

Courier £ 14.00

Hope this helps

Mandy

Hi Ellie

We are paying £520 in Manchester for 2 adults and one child.

Adult Medical £115.00 each

Child Medical £ 50.00

Chest Xray £ 70.00 (children aged 11 and over) each

Blood Test £ 29.00 each (adults only) OH needs 2 cos he has a tattoo

Courier £ 14.00

Hope this helps

Mandy

OMG that's a fortune! I hope all this is worth it can you imagine after spending so much to get there with all these costs then getting turned down? :shocked: We want a better life but will be landing on the tarmac with a fiver at this rate LOL! Instead of selling our camping gear I'd best ship it out! :goofy:

Guest The Angus Clan

We just paid £ 410 for meds ( 130 per adult and 50 each for kids) . X rays were 80 each x 4!!! ouch! police checks are now £ 35 each too! My advice is not to sit there and add it all up- too scary!!!!

Marcia :)

We had our meds today and can only confirm they are absolutely nothing to worry about. They were so lovely and all 4 of us done in less than 2 hours. No one told me we had to strip to bra and pants!! I didnt have a bra on and pants, well lets just say a thong isnt the best thing to wear, especially when you've recently had a baby!!!!!!! - How Embaressing.

Apart from that no problem and feel great now they are done, only the visa to get now.

Guest The Angus Clan
We had our meds today and can only confirm they are absolutely nothing to worry about. They were so lovely and all 4 of us done in less than 2 hours. No one told me we had to strip to bra and pants!! I didnt have a bra on and pants, well lets just say a thong isnt the best thing to wear, especially when you've recently had a baby!!!!!!! - How Embaressing.

Apart from that no problem and feel great now they are done, only the visa to get now.

We were lucky- just had to loosen our clothes! Didn't even get weighed so we just told her our weight ( a few lbs in our favour ! ). I was dreading stripping off - maybe Scottish doctors bit more sympathetic cos it's so chilly here already!!!

I had my baby 11 years ago and a thong still not a good idea for me :biglaugh:

We just paid £ 410 for meds ( 130 per adult and 50 each for kids) . X rays were 80 each x 4!!! ouch! police checks are now £ 35 each too! My advice is not to sit there and add it all up- too scary!!!!

Manchester cheapest so far hope I get sent there. Friends of ours went to Handsworth Wood in Birmingham. Don't know what they paid though.