A good time to book!!

Guest Roo1

For those of you who are planning to come out to Australia in the coming months, I just thought I'd let you know, now is a good time to book accommodation/ book a hire car, transfer funds etc.......(anything which requires you to pay for something now whilst you are in the UK).:idea:

The Australain Dollar is pretty weak right now, the weakest its been for awhile, meaning you in the UK are going to get more for your UK Pound. :jiggy:

I hope this helps :wubclub:

Judi x

Guest Lulujim

Good idea Judi :GEEK: We are coming out next Thurs and want a hire car for part of the stay... where would you suggest looking - I mean - which seem good value in Aus and would it be better to phone to haggle / or would it be best to look on a com.au website or will it be the smae price from the UK website do you think????

Hope the pregnancy's going well - how are you coping with the heat - is it manageable at the mo? x

Yes, Judi, i agree.............and as a valued (future) customer, do i get a discount for saying how right you are??:)

Made a few bob on money exchange, which doesn't allow me to retire, sigh, but will allow a meal or two!

In respect of vehicular hire, got a quote from a company in Adelaide.......charging me $12 more than the website price per day........cheeky blighters, wont use THEM. We "cashed up Brits" haven't got dosh to throw away:biglaugh:. Used them back in April, recommend the service when "in town"; just not now they think i will pay over the odds.

TTFN

Jane

Yes, Judi, i agree.............and as a valued (future) customer, do i get a discount for saying how right you are??:)

:biglaugh: Nice one Jane!!

You are a very valued customer, without a doubt......for that I'll make sure there's a couple of bottles of chilled wine in the fridge, awaiting your arrival! (You'll probably need a glass or two after the long flight anyway )

As for car hire, friends of ours totally forgot to book something back in the UK, so took their chances at the airport when they arrived. They played one hire place off the other (there's 5 service desks in arrivals) and hired a 3 door small car for $26 a day, all inclusive from Thrifty.

I think a new thread is in order to see what deals people are getting via internet or directly when here. :idea:

Judi x