Lost my job today..........

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Well i have been looking for a change but i would have liked to have had a bit more notice than 30 mins hey.:mad:

And would liked for it to have been on my terms when i had summat else to goto.

The guy i worked for headhunted me from another company that i had been at for only 2 weeks then 2 months later he goes and lays me off.........:skeptical:.

Talk about doing my head in, i should have balls of steel i have been in them so much lol.

Still onwards and upwards those of you who know me know i will keep smiling and will get another job sorted soon.

So if anyone knows of any work going labouring/ landcaping etc etc let me know i am a toolmaker by trade but engineering is doing my head in right now and i would love a challenge and have a go at summat different, even better if i can get it in the great Aussie outdoors.

Guest ReadyPenny

Crikey that bloody awful!! Glad you are remaining positive. I know people regularly say "at least the sun is shining" but that won't pay those flamin bills.

Hope you sort something soon and thanks for sharing this with us. For those of us "still here" it is good to hear the negatives as well as the positives. Life is never a bowl of cherries wherever you live, just some places are nicer than others to wake up in.,

Good luck on the job front and best wishes

Mandy

Guest Tracijbc
Well i have been looking for a change but i would have liked to have had a bit more notice than 30 mins hey.:mad:

And would liked for it to have been on my terms when i had summat else to goto.

The guy i worked for headhunted me from another company that i had been at for only 2 weeks then 2 months later he goes and lays me off.........:skeptical:.

Talk about doing my head in, i should have balls of steel i have been in them so much lol.

Still onwards and upwards those of you who know me know i will keep smiling and will get another job sorted soon.

So if anyone knows of any work going labouring/ landcaping etc etc let me know i am a toolmaker by trade but engineering is doing my head in right now and i would love a challenge and have a go at summat different, even better if i can get it in the great Aussie outdoors.

Aw hun, what a rubbish thing to happen. Try Westaff in the City, as my OH is a Gardener and they have got him work with Adelaide City Council and now with Burnside Council. Ask to speak to Sue, she's lovely and really helpful.

Good luck, I hope you get sorted!

Traci x

Guest Guzzler&Sas

bummer but with your great attitude, you will be back out there soon enough.

Could not believe it when i heard this weekend.

Did you see the paper at the weekend - massive spread on defence industry, any companies worth getting in touch with?

See you soon mate

Sas

xxx

Guest katsmajic

I saw the spread Sas, but you have to be citizens or eligable for citizenship - does that mean you have to be here the 4yrs and almost ready to apply or just on PR and eligable for citizenship eventually?

Thanks, Kat xx