New on PIA! Marketing and IT??

Guest Vicks&Stu

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi everyone

This is my first post on PIA - but I have got quite addicted and have been reading it almost daily for the last few weeks ;). I must admit I have found out more about Adelaide by reading posts on this site than any other reasearch we have done - so a big thanks to everyone!! Reading the various posts actually makes me more excited about going.

My OH and i have applied for a 457 visa. I have completed the skills assessment and we sent our SA sponsorship form off almost 3 weeks ago. Our CO said the SA forms are taking about 4 weeks at the moment - so fingers crossed we should hear very soon.

I work in marketing and my OH works in IT. Does anyone know what the job markets are like for these? I have been looking on various recruitment sites and there seems to be a fair amount of work around - but any insight would be much appreciated??

We are hopeful that we will be in Adelaide for Feb/March time 2008.:D

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Vicks & Stu (great name)

Welcome to the site,like you we've also learned so much about Adelaide and the process of getting there and thats probably helped our descision not to go on a recce first (and the money too :o)

Not too sure about the skills you have,I'm an engineer, but it seems they're looking for many skills to fill their future labour market and a friend at work who's just returned from there said it seemed a busy vibrant city with lots of churches and open spaces and (luckily for me) the airport was very very busy.

We are going in on the SIR 495 which means staying in SA for 3 years but we cant really see a problem with that as it does look jolly nice (Deb particularly liking the close proximity of the SA vineyards :D)

Anyway the very best of luck and before you know it we'll all be watching the parrots catch fire......................................flaming gallahs.

:)

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi Stoo

We too have decided not to go on a reccie as we want to save the money for the big move!!

Looks like things are sounding pretty good for you at the airport - fingers crossed it all works out well.

Yep - we are also loving the sound of the those vineyards!

Just got to get the next form in now- and then settle in for long wait.

Cheers

Vicks&Stu

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Vicks and Stu

Just wanted to welcome you to PIA. It's great. We are going on a 495 too - good luck with your application.

Deena:)

Hi Vicks & Stu

OH works in IT and its hoping to do contracting work for a while at first.....He has spoken to a couple of recrutiment agencies, who say the work is there .......we arrive in August, so will keep you posted on how the work front goes..........OH does IT project & service Managment.

sarahx

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi all

Just wanted to say thanks for the welcomes.

My OH is currently contracting in IT so that could work out well!

Cheers

Vicks&Stu

Guest bev_stef

Hi Vicks and Stu

Don't know anything about the job situation for you, but wanted to extend a big welcome to PIA. Its a great site, where you can learn loads and meet friendly helpful, even cheeky people.

Good Luck with the sponsorship, shouldn't be too long now.

Bev

Guest steph&neil

Hi there welcome to PIA a great site where no question is too silly (someone will always try to help you) we are a friendly bunch & all in the same boat!

good luck will the visa & keep posting to let us know how you are getting on!

steph x :D