1 week to go !

Guest sjs

hiya guys

we leave the uk for oz 1 week today ! i think there will be a few tears that day as we dont fly til 1715 which is great in terms of flying with kids and jetlag but not so great when you have all day to think about saying your goodbyes :sad: going through every emotion right now and crying at everything on tv including supernanny last night :err:

but having said all that we cannot wait to arrive and start out a new life - its been a long time in the planning

sjs

hiya guys

we leave the uk for oz 1 week today ! i think there will be a few tears that day as we dont fly til 1715 which is great in terms of flying with kids and jetlag but not so great when you have all day to think about saying your goodbyes :sad: going through every emotion right now and crying at everything on tv including supernanny last night :err:

but having said all that we cannot wait to arrive and start out a new life - its been a long time in the planning

sjs

Good byes are not nice, but its worth it when you get on the plane and settle back to your new life. Good luck with the journey

Guest graandjac

Don't worry about it guys, there's loads of brit programmes out here!! :biglaugh:Joking aside it is cack, the whole leaving process. We've been here 6 months and hand on heart I love it here and thought I never would. At the end of the day (love that saying) you're doing what's right for your family. Just think why you're doing it in the first place. If you're coming out with an open mind and are flexible, you'll love it - promise! Have a fab trip. Jac xxxx

hiya guys

sjs

Could you bring us some stuff over..........Bisto, Proper chocolate, Wotsits, Jaffa Cakes, fish n chips, steak puddings, and all the cack that ppl moan they cnt get over here.......only kidding :biglaugh:have a safe journey guys.......c you on the brightside.

oh sarah jane you'll be fine hun take deep breaths and thinks of the lovely life your going to give the kids, i know its hard am waiting for the nervous breakdown anyday now, was thinking last night 'i carnt do this' (dont tell the hubby!) but its naturel to feel this way.

well i will meet you on the sunnyside with the kids on the beach having a ball

good luck sj we go a day after you xx

suexxx

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Sarah Jane, wow a week to go............ well I'm going to tell you your be fine, then you can tell me, cos we fly the week after you, and going thou the same things at the moment.....

Good luck and best wishes with the good byes............

Let me know how you get on, please

You'll be fine. Once you get off the plane and feel the warmth of the sun, seen the beaches, fed a kangaroo and cuddled a Koala you'll know you've done the right thing.;) We have only been here a month and haven't had the easiest of times BUT the kids are settled in a fabby school, we have somewhere to live, Tracey has a job and the weather and people here are great.

The only thing I would change is not having people waving us off at the airport when we left. :nah:

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures getting here.

Safe journey

Pete

Hi sjs

Lots of people have said it " but i wish it was us " too.

Have a great flight and enjoy you last week in the uk, wish you all the best with your new lives in Adelaide . Keep us informed of your adventures .

Louise n Wayne

Guest The Angus Clan

Good luck to you all! Sure it'll be worth that long wait! Just remember us stuck here in the Scottish winter!!!!! See you on the sunny side one day!

Marcia :)

Hi guys,

We are due to leave in about 3 weeks. Container leaves next week and we follow 2 after that. up until now, I've been fairly positive and excited - feeling kinda crappy now too. It's not the saying goodbye to people, its the enormity of it I think. I guess it's all natural and heading into the unknown it's scary, but as I keep saying life is for living, experiences are there to be had and there are alot of jealous people in the Uk (Ireland where we are) who would give their right arms to be in our shoes. Also, I guess it doesn't have to be forever. If things done't work out, we can always head back again. Hopefully though it'll be a positive expereince and a few months into it, we will all be wondering what the nerves were about.

Maybe us newbies (and not so newbies) could meet up soon and share some expereinces. We for one family know NO ONE in Adelaide and would love to meet a few. I'll send anyone my email/mobile if you PM me.