Rotten week!!!!???

Guest bev_stef

Guest bev_stef

:confused:Where do I start. Our celebrations at passing our Vetassess last tuesday were short lived. 24 hours later got an email from our agent advising us that 2 weeks ago, SA changed their job requirements for sponsorship, and therefore my husband no longer qualifies for their sponsorship. Totally gutted, but as the whole family was down with this sickness bug, another 24 hours before Stef was able to speak with our agent. She then mentioned that visa rulings were changing againin September and that now my aunt who lives in Sydney could be eligible to sponsor us. This would therefore give us a full visa and entitle to locate to wherever in aus. Two concerns remain, as my aunt is very elderly and ina home, will they accept her as a sponsor, although agent says this is fine. Secondly, as family would be sponsoring us and all reside in Sydney, we feel we should really locate to Sydney, as a thank you and also as the kids woud have other small cousins there. In some ways great, but we were really getting into Adelaide, and this site. We have learnt so much, and chatted with lots of greatfriendly people, whowe had hoped to meet one day.

Oh well, I guess thats it for the moment. Still have to wait for confirmation from sydney relatives, that this is okay, but hope to still stay on PIA if thats okay. I guess its probably sydney or bust. Hope to talk to you all soon. Sorry for rambling.:(:(

Guest steph&neil

Hi

sorry to hear your news - everything happens for a reason I am sure - not much consolation I am sure but i am sending your a hug ( ) hope that helps the feelings!

what are the changes to the SA sponsorship? I didnt note any that happened in the last couple of weeks? would be interested cause thats the route we are taking!

steph x

Guest bev_stef

Hi Steph

Thanks for the hug need it at the moment. Apparently, SA are no longer sponsoring anyone whose job falls into the 40 points catergory, which s us, came in around 1st week of May i believe.

Hope all is going well for you. We're just trying to keep everything crossed at the moment.

Bev

Guest steph&neil
Hi Steph

Thanks for the hug need it at the moment. Apparently, SA are no longer sponsoring anyone whose job falls into the 40 points catergory, which s us, came in around 1st week of May i believe.

Hope all is going well for you. We're just trying to keep everything crossed at the moment.

Bev

Hi am going to Pm you!

Hi Bev

Really gutted for you about your news - especially when you were so happy about passing Vetasses...........However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you've got to remain positive...like steph said, everything happens for a reason. Sydney is a fantastic place, the house prices are alot more, but then, so are the salaries.....and once you're in, you could always move around later............

Keep on the site...keep us all posted.

Sarahx

Guest bev_stef

Thanks Sarah

We do love Sydney, and do have lots of family there, just hoping it does all work out, and aunt is accepted as our sponsor, it would be a better visa mind you.

Love chatting with you guys, and hearing how you're all progressing, so will be hanging around.

Hope everything is going well and on course for your departure. Take care.

Bev

Guest steph&neil

Hey just a quick 1 - you don't need to ask to say in touch with us on PIA! we are all here to support one another! would be more upset if you suddenly went from souther soft to northern ..... joking we all get a great boost & can buff bad times together - when you do (NOT IF) get to Adelaide - the kettle will be on & the barbie warming up for you & your family x

take care & keep us all up to date on you progress!

steph x

Guest donna T

So sorry to hear your news - I am sure that it will all work out okay in the end - keep everything crossed and it will all come good. Best of luck

Guest Django

Hi Bev,

Sorry to hear this. I, for one of many, would be disapointed if you didn't remain a regular poster on this site. One on the places I was looking at relocating to when moving to Oz was Kiama. Not a million miles from Sydney. It was mainly house prices that swung us in favour of Adelaide.

Good luck with the NSW thing. At least the sea is warmer there, if you are brave enough to swim with all the beasties.:D

Pete

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Bev

Really sorry to hear your news. I really feel for you, we all do. Sydney is a great city though and the Northern Beaches are fantastic. Fingers crossed that your Aunt is able to sponsor you.

Please stay on the site and keep posting, I'm sure we all want to support you in every way we can.

Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes.

Take care.

Deena :)

Guest bev_stef

Hi all

Thank you so much for all your well wishes, I will keep up with my postings, as I have not only learnt so much on this site but also have got to meet so many nice people. Even though we have never met, feel like we know some of you really well, and have been following all your stories closely.

Hey Pete, you can't get rid of me yet, I'm eagerly waiting to hear what you and tracey end up having. Not long to go I guess, hope you're letting her put her feetup and doing plenty to help her.:rolleyes:

Will keep you all updated, as soon as we hear anything, another waiting gam now I guess, but I do feel better hearing from you all. Thanks.

Bev:)

Guest peter76

hi

i was reading your message of the bad news on moving to adelaide

But i was wondering about the visa changes regarding aunties being able to sponsor you :confused:as i am flying out to see my aunties in adelaide in 2 weeks aswell we will be looking at schools and work.

We did not want to move to another country unless we traveled to the country to experience the lifestyle and it would be good for my little girl:confused:

cheers

pete&family

Guest bev_stef

Hi Peter

I'm not great on all the specifics, but I know that there are certain regulations for the people who can sponsor you. Sydney used to have a list of specific occupations, where yo were able to be sponsored, but they are now removing the restriction of having a job that is on that list. Hope that helps. I tend to put a lot of faith in our agent and let her lead us in the right direction, especially as far as any changes are concerned

Good Luck with your trip, and hope you enjoy it enough to decide to make that move. Our kids are one of our main reasons for wanting to move, for what we have seen, it is a very young country, and a young way of life, a nd has so much to offer us kids as they grow.

Bev

Guest Trakki

Sorry to hear your news, do keep posting on here and keep us updated with your news. Your support lately has been greatly appreciated by me, thankyou

Tracey

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bev

So sorry to hear your news :( was really surprised as it still says 100 overall points on the immigration SA website and no mention of any changes made.

They say everything happens for a reason so I am sure it will all work out in the end for you and your family. Make sure you keep posting and keep us all up to date :) Good luck with everything

Lisa:cool: