• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      We've been here for 5 weeks now and I don't feel like I've had chance to take a breath! Presently I'm in Sydney... again, and work has taken me around the country somewhat, but it's all good (Like having a driver turn up in a stretch limo to take me to the airport!) Truthfully, I've not had time to be homesick/peoplesick or otherwise miss anything. I don't know if that will change. OH has only just started looking for work and commented on Saturday that he still feels like he's on holiday !

Our achievements to date are:
      Job for me before departure... via video link at 7.30am!
      Secured rental in Noarlunga Downs that takes the dog!
      Retrieved dog from Quarantine in Sydney (boys drove there!)
      Bought essentials for house as container still hasn't arrived!
      Sampled some wines in McClaren Vale!
      Been to the Hills ... Hahndorf, Lobenthal, Stirling, Aldgate
      applied for lots of jobs for OH
      Looked at some show homes and have def. decided to go for a 2 storey option....
      We are currently riding the exchange rate roller coaster..... I still haven't changed it... waiting for the next interest rate cut here.... it will mean that GBP will be worth more again (I hope that this is going to go our way... but as everyone knows, waiting for the rate to go up is nerve racking to say the least!)
      One thing is for sure, I'm racking up the frequent flyer miles and thinking about our next holiday and it's not to the UK!

We are lucky, I know and we have people on here to thank for a lot....

YOu know who you are!!

We've been here for exactly 8 weeks today - landed on 3rd September. Spent the first few weeks rushing around here there and everywhere and deciding where to settle. I have only just found this thread and it is really helpful to read other people's experiences and feelings. I have obvioiusly hit the point where you get tearful as I have spent a lot of time feeling very down over the last few weeks. We love it here in Seaford and have been very fortunate to get a great rental by the beach, but we just miss everyone so much.

I don't think we were prepared for quite how hard that would be. Its not just people its also being in your comfort zone and around familiar things. I am possibly finding it harder than my husband as there is a lot of time at home when kids are at school and he is at work, but I have started to try and get out and about.

Kids have settled really well and don't seem to talk about England at all. I just hope that we will start to feel more at home with time. I do think there is a natural low when you have finished all the organising and running around - not to mention all the time you spend before you leave preparing.

Hope to meet some of you soon.
      Michelle and Richard

Flagstaff Hill
      61 times
      I'm not there but just wanted to say to everybody how much I have enjoyed reading all your posts on this thread, can't wait to be a part of it.
      Denise (40) Nathan (41) Jake (6) & Lola (5)
      Flagstaff Hill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums