Advice Please

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi Everyone

Like many others on here, house sale fell through...:arghh: I think we are going to look into renting house out but we have all monies tied up in house!!! Could anyone please give an amount that we would need to get us started... Car, bond for rental, uniforms for kids ect.... I understand everyone's idea may be different but some figures would be great. I am lucky enough to have a fairly well paid job to start as soon as we get there.

Any advice greatly recevied

Cara xxx;)

Hi Cara,

We arrived in Adelaide with what we sold the car for, about £4,600. This paid for our short term rentals, a deposit on our new car and a few bits and bobs. Like you, Tracey had a job to go. Without this we would never have considered coming over.

We are now in a long term rental with a wage coming in so we are proof that you don't have to come over with a huge sum of money to get started.

Pete

Guest BAZnDAF

Well, we are looking at bringing £10,000 cash, and what ever we get for the cars here we will use to buy one there. I don't have a job to go to (at the moment) so I feel we need the extra cash as a buffer, just incase.

Barry

Guest happy feet
Hi Cara,

We arrived in Adelaide with what we sold the car for, about £4,600. This paid for our short term rentals, a deposit on our new car and a few bits and bobs. Like you, Tracey had a job to go. Without this we would never have considered coming over.

We are now in a long term rental with a wage coming in so we are proof that you don't have to come over with a huge sum of money to get started.

Pete

Pete i knew you would make me feel better:notworthy: That makes me feel loads better, maybe we can do it after all we will have about 15,000 pounds.. If you can do it, then i'm bloxxy goona go for it!!!As long as house rents.....Cheers Pete

Cara

Oh Cara,

i'm so sorry about that........:sad:

I keep reading how this is happening everywhere.........to so many people; rang the solicitors today......not much use tho', the best they say is all is going to plan! Not to my plan it isnt, my buyers buyers still haven't signed.......where this leaves us, god knows.

I hope you get sorted soon.

If it helps, which i doubt, we are going with only me with a job, about 15k in hard cash.....electronically transfered, and clothes... 4 kids, golf clubs and bugger all else.

Still, paid for flights, paid the packers, paid for the rental; leaves about 30 bob in the kitty.

Good Luck

Jane

Guest happy feet

Thanks Jane...

Good luck with your move, we will also be going with 4 suitcases and not much else, just a few personal thins to ship over selling everything else!

cara

Guest katsmajic

We didnt come over with loads, less than we'd planned as the car didnt sell - let down at very last minute...we had saved every penny as we didnt have a house to sell etc and even then i couldnt work for our last 8mths so even ate into our savings too.

Was us, 4 kids, loads of suitcases, about £7500 and 30 boxes shipped over.

All i can say is Rome wasnt built in a day....we have got the essentials sorted - got quite alot of stuff 2nd hand to get us started and we will build on from there as and when we can afford to.

Must say despite all the issues weve had (mainly family issues not oz issues) we are loving it here. :jiggy::jiggy:

Guest graandjac
We didnt come over with loads, less than we'd planned as the car didnt sell - let down at very last minute...we had saved every penny as we didnt have a house to sell etc and even then i couldnt work for our last 8mths so even ate into our savings too.

Was us, 4 kids, loads of suitcases, about £7500 and 30 boxes shipped over.

All i can say is Rome wasnt built in a day....we have got the essentials sorted - got quite alot of stuff 2nd hand to get us started and we will build on from there as and when we can afford to.

Must say despite all the issues weve had (mainly family issues not oz issues) we are loving it here. :jiggy::jiggy:

\if anyone needs to see how to attack Australia Kat and Martin could show everyone a thing or too ......top banannas......;)