Going rate for the Aussie tooth fairy

Guest Trakki

Sophie not only has had the first birthday of all the children here but she has also today lost the first tooth of them all . Was just wondering what the going rate was.

Thanks

Sophie not only has had the first birthday of all the children here but she has also today lost the first tooth of them all . Was just wondering what the going rate was.

Thanks

How funny, this morning on SAFm the guy was saying how his boy tried tricking his Nan while he was staying with her and the boy tried to convince his Nan $20 was the going rate!! The kid will go a long way as a politician!!;)

Im sure Peter can match it!

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

I have been doing $2 and am practically broke.

My 9yr I'm sure is pulling these teeth out herself......she seems to be loosing them

at a fair rate. They must be ready to come out though cos she doesn't have any gaps

the others are growing back in quickly!

At the moment she has 2 loose as well - dentist says she has got her 2nd teeth early.

I wish I had done $1 now!!!!:D

I suppose it depends what you want themto do with the money. $2 will buy a bag of toothrot. Heehee,I used to give less if the the tooth was less than perfect! I also got sussed when I was really tired and forgot to sneak in before I went to bed! Same with the Easter Bunny dropping allthe eggs and making a lot of noise.

THanks guys, think I will go with $1, used to do 50p in UK. I forgot to do the tooth fairy thing with Jack once so while he was at school I wrote a tiny note to say that I (being the tooth fairy) had not been able to swap his tooth for a coin as he had played up for so long at bed time, I did not have time to visit all the other children if I waited so would be back tonight with the coin if he went to bed quickly. Quickest he has ever settled to sleep!!! :biglaugh: Will have to try that again!!;)

Just got to remember to do it tonight, problem is that I can never find Sophie's tooth as it is never where she left it when I tuck her in!!! She is a really light sleeper and I always get the giggles trying to find the tooth which is so not helpful!!!! :err:

You need a specialcontainer or bag which can be located by fumbling tired eyes and hands in the dark. :)

I have suggested that but she wants it under the pillow wrapped in a tissue. Not that it stays in the tissue, she takes it out so I am looking for a tiny tooth in the dark!!! Even told her that the tooth fairy finds it hard to get under the pillow but that didn't work!!! I think she may have sussed it but is just playing along. :skeptical:

Oh well, will just have to try not to giggle and hope that she doesn't lose another one soon.

Guest stufi1997

So cute...my sister writes tooth fairy notes, her girls are still believing it all......their teeth are graded too, a less than perfect tooth is worth well less than one with a hole. She has such girls though.......boys just think of the money, short term gratification....a trend that invariably follows them into adulthood lol