We now have Permanent Residency

cribber

We've been here since Feb '08 on a sponsored 457 visa and part of the agreement with my company was for them to sponsor us for PR via the RSMS scheme after a probationary period.

Well today our PR visas were granted and shockingly only one week after we lodged it.

Our medicals were last Thursday and straight after our appointment we went across the building and lodged it in person.

I was stunned when i read the email.

We're all on such a high!!!!

Sam will be taking the passports in on Monday to get the labels put in.

Temporary to Permanent in 1 week, it's going to take time to sink in.

The bubbly is on ice :D

Paul.

Guest munsters

Hi, 1st - well done, 2nd - can you give us any advise.

We have an agent and are trying to get through on sub457. We contacted loads of companies seeing if they'll sponsor us. Its not that easy getting replies - any advise.

We're visiting Oz at Christmas for a look around to see if we like the area - stopping down in Encounter Bay, have 1 interview there and 1 up in Aldinga.

I think we're doing something wrong - quite a few people are getting through on sponsored visa.

Any help advise.

Cheers

Sam:confused:

Guest sam2500

Hi Paul Sam and family,

CONGRATULATIONS to your PR status!!

We are also sponsored on 457 visa, coming over 12th january ( Flight booked today )!

Think we may join you with that champagne.

Had a few wobbles especially as we have never visited Australia, and there is a bit of trust factor being employed from 10,000 miles away !

However our sponsor and his wife have been so helpful, up to now in the many emails and phone calls over the last year.

Just wondered Paul, how long after you arrived did you start your PR application ?

We are hoping to do the same asap.

Did you have an agent to help, or were you able to do yourself?

Obviously you all love it or you wouldn't still be there ?

Anyway best wishes,

Will be there soon!!

Sue David Sam:)